Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ryanair and my bike – will THEY die?
  • timnwild

Anyone flown their bike with Ryanair? Will they die, at my hand, for doing something horrible with it?

Also – here’s the thing. Logistics for flying to Spain with the bike are so weird. Travelling from the South Coast to Stansted with the bike, have to be there by 10.30 am. Turns out it’s easier to get a cheap hotel room, get the bike couriered to the hotel than it is to try and get me, the bike, and a week’s worth of gear (clothes, helmet, shoes, laptop etc) on three trains through central London in rush hour.

Madness.

hels
    Free Member

I wouldn’t fly Ryanair again if you paid me – bike or no bike.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The bike? Will you die? More like it….

wwaswas

If I can get my back brake bled tonight I’ll be up for this, Tim. Is it by the pub or at the bridge?
    Cheers

Luke

Hang on, wasn’t this a bike ride in Shoreham thread earlier or have I replied to the wrong one?

Alex

Seconded on the ‘never again’ with Ryanair, they will charge you for everything, so make sure you bike is under the limit (prob 20k which is tight with a FS and a bike bag) and I used to call them before to make sure they’d got it on their list. Which was painful.

For a horrible second I thought I’d need to fly with RA to Nice a couple of weeks ago, but ended up driving from Herefordshire to Gatwick rather than go from Bristol so I didn’t have too. Don’t want to put you off but it’s a blooming awful experience from start to finish.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

the baggage handling is subbed out so your bike will get the sh1t knocked out of it just the same regardless of who you fly with.

rickmeister

Ryanair,

You are self loading cargo… nothing more.

Easyjet I find a better option…

Pickers

I took my bike with me to France last year from Birmingham with Ryanair.
    Nobody died. The bike didn’t die. It did have an awful lot of packing and 2 weeks camping gear in the box with it. The limit was 30kg, nobody seemed bothered about all the other kit in the box.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ryanair,

You are self loading cargo… nothing more.

Easyjet I find a better option…

Amen.

Sleaze have their faults, but in a pinch I’ll use them.

Ryanair are up there with China Souther, TAP and Aeroflot, among others, as the worst airlines in the world. Avoid.

timnwild

No choice – but good tip on the weight and calling in advance – thanks.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I flew to Alicante two weeks ago with Monarch from Gatwick.

Bike was well packed and came to no harm although they are really hot on the weight of the cases on the way out they didn’t even weigh the bikes just asked ‘is it about 20kilos?’ to which the obvious answer was ‘yes’.

Where you going? The riding’s great!

[video]https://vimeo.com/63083349[/video]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ryanair and my bike – will THEY die?’ is closed to new replies.