Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Ryan Adams…another creep?
  • DezB
    Free Member

Women, eh?

Yep, no such thing as groupies or gold-diggers. Male invention. Tch

kilo

FFS he never even “physically” met the girl around whom the main enquiry is based.

You’ve not really understood sexting have you?

rene59
    Free Member

The whole 70 / 80s groupie scene was rife with the underage.

I’m sure the boy band types of the 90 / 00s would give their predecessors a run for their money with regards to underage teens.

Edukator
    Free Member

There aare gold digging men as well.

Edukator
    Free Member

Perhpas some of the STWers here would like to review some of the posts they’ve made about Cliff Richard.

Trial by media or trial by the legal system? i know which I’m in favour of. In the Cliff Richard case the Beeb and the police collaborated and in the end there was what? Nothing.

funkmasterp

Cliff Richard is still **** creepy though.

doris5000

Trial by media or trial by the legal system? i know which I’m in favour of.

For who?

You’re happy to proclaim “there’s a good chance the women are gold diggers” (i.e. seeking to commit fraud for profit), but it would be unfair (on the man) for us to say “there’s a good chance the women are telling the truth”?

A telling double standard there

Superficial
    Free Member

Trial by media or trial by the legal system? i know which I’m in favour of.

The thing that #MeToo should have shown us is that ‘the system’ doesn’t currently work in bringing these people to justice. The system is so fundamentally screwed and biased towards a patriarchy that abuses go unchecked for years. Twitter has seen that a lot more people get their just desserts.

In an ideal world that wouldn’t be how it happens. But the ‘trial by social media’ paradigm is better than these people evading justice and abuses continuing.

rene59
    Free Member

The thing that #MeToo should have shown us is that ‘the system’ doesn’t currently work in bringing these people to justice.

#MeToo showed us a lot of things from all different angles. Most of which was unsavoury. Don’t see anything better about it than the system it tried to replace.

Edukator
    Free Member

You’re happy to proclaim “there’s a good chance the women are gold diggers”

That is not at all what I said and it’s out of context even if it were accurate

there’s a good chance some of the others could be gold diggers.

Take the example of DLT, about 12 cases dismissed and one dubious IMO prosecution.

Even with Weinstien, whilst some of the cases against him hold up to scrutiny others look like revenge or gold digging.

chance some of the others

is not unreasonable. And you do yourself a disservice distorting it, Doris5000.

Cliff Richard is still **** creepy though.

Which shows that the mud the media throws sticks even when the initial accusations are unfounded.

Remember that Welsh mountain biker killed by French hunters and then his estranged family members sold stories to the press… well do you believe people who are paid large sums for their stories (gold diggers) and should the press be allowed to publish stuff before there are any proceedings against the person concerned. “under investigation” does not equal “found guilty” and where fame and money are concerned caution is needed.

Goldstein went for years without accusations against him being taken seriously which is bad but when you read through the pages of accusations some really shouldn’t be taken seriously, some should, and now are.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ryan Adams…another creep?’ is closed to new replies.