RVP snigger content

Home Forum Chat Forum RVP snigger content

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • RVP snigger content
  • Rockape63

Rumour going around that RVP has asked for a transfer!

Oh how us Gooners would laugh if it were true.

timc

Yes we would all laugh but it’s obviously not true

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Rumour going round where exactly? Some Arsenal Fan forum?

kevj

Robin Van Persie?

Reindeer Von Pasty?

Reet Vehicular Pile-up?

Acronyming for the sake of it?

loddrik

Rats deserting a sinking ship!!!!! 😆

United are a mid table team, RVP deserves better. He should go back to Arsenal

yossarian

Oh dear. 🙂

After united’s 1-6 humiliation at home to City a few years back I said there were fires burning at Old Trafford that could not be extinguished. The flames are creeping higher now and Moyes has absolutely no chance of putting them out.

toxicsoks

Newcastle one up with 20mins to go……..

mikey3

He should come to us for the rest of the season and play some proper football:). Then Michael laudrup can take him with him to barcalona next season.

kevj

toxicsoks – Member
    Newcastle one up with 20mins to go….

However, their ‘fans’ have hospitalised a child and caused damage to a service station.

I follow football, but why the Newcastle fans seem to think hooliganism is still acceptable is unbelievable.

allthepies

0-1 😆

Not surprised RVP wants out.

Three_Fish

However, their ‘fans’ have hospitalised a child and caused damage to a service station.

I follow football, but why the Newcastle fans seem to think hooliganism is still acceptable is unbelievable.

Is it all of the fans have done that? I’d be confident that the vast majority of fans would be upset by the actions of a few individuals. It’s completely irrational of you to blame anyone and everyone who follows the team.

And by the way, RVP isn’t an acronym.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Dear god! That was woeful! By RVP, and everybody else who never turned up !

He just walked off at Old Trafford, head down shaking his head. It’s not looking good.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I think that might have been a reflection on his own performance, as much as anything else. Which was rubbish! We look like a mid table side at the moment. Almost Liverpool-esque 🙁

kevj

Is it all of the fans have done that? I’d be confident that the vast majority of fans would be upset by the actions of a few individuals. It’s completely irrational of you to blame anyone and everyone who follows the team.
    And by the way, RVP isn’t an acronym

Clearly not all fans were involved, but there is a higher incidence if hooliganism related to this club over and above others. This was highlighted in a recent survey. I shall dig out a link for you if you wish?

RVP became a TLA as soon as the OP referred to him as such. It’s not your place to tell anyone what is, or indeed, is not an acronym, specifically when the words are reduced to their constituent first letters.

mikey3

Is this going to turn into a hooliganism bicker now? awesome.

Three_Fish

I shall dig out a link for you if you wish?

Please do. I look forward to seeing how you arrive at your excessive generalisations.

It’s not your place to tell anyone what is, or indeed, is not an acronym, specifically when the words are reduced to their constituent first letters.

Not my place? You think a lot of yourself. For your information: an acronym is a type of abbreviation which is pronounced as a new word, like NATO or SARS. Something like FBI, or RVP, is simply an initialism. That’s easy enough to check if you can find your way to a dictionary.

kevj

Most number of arrests for football related incidents

A three letter acronym is a form of abbreviation and does not constitute the formation of a new word. The OP did exactly this with no prior reference to RVP standing for a persons name or an object (although I accept he said ‘has asked for’, implying a person).

In your head do you say ‘OP’ or ‘O P’ when reading posts? It makes a significant difference, yet your point fails dependant on which you choose.

Someone here spent last season talking about “…the gift that kept on giving…” Can’t quite remember. Anyone care to own up?

nick1962

Records at OT are certainly tumbling under DM 😉

Most number of arrests for football related incidents

Aren’t statistics amazing?

If you understood anything about football or Newcastle United you would know that the trouble after the Newcastle – Sunderland derby involves the local halfwits, the vast majority are not football supporters who actually follow the team home or away. Also, it’s got little to do with football really and is more the dislike between 2 cities. Absolutely brainless. If you took those away it would look completely different.

Newcastle fans actually have a very good reputation as travelling fans and are frequently described as other fans favorite visitors.

Premier Icon muggomagic
    Subscriber

The 2 times the Geordie’s came to the amex and had their bottoms spanked the away support were a good laugh on the train back to Brighton.

kevj

Newcastle fans actually have a very good reputation as travelling fans and are frequently described as other fans favorite visitors

Twitter 1

Twitter 2

Two independent quotes there. Yes I agree, the idiots are in the minority and the rest will condone their actions. It’s an absolute shame that in this day and age people associate football and allowable violence.

I’m not having a go at Newcastle fans, I simply pointed out there had been trouble. It could have been any team.

David Moyes spent years trying to get Everton above ManU in the league, now he’s finally achieved it.

Three_Fish

A three letter acronym is a form of abbreviation and does not constitute the formation of a new word. The OP did exactly this with no prior reference to RVP standing for a persons name or an object (although I accept he said ‘has asked for’, implying a person).
    In your head do you say ‘OP’ or ‘O P’ when reading posts? It makes a significant difference, yet your point fails dependant on which you choose.

What a load of nonsense! :]

kevj

Three Fish, do me a favour and say ‘TLA’ out loud.

Rockape63

Kevj obviously took his ‘annoying pills’ this morning!

Why don’t you bugger off to a thread you may have something interesting to say.

Why don’t you bugger off to a thread

Hopefully.

you may have something interesting to say.

Sadly, unlikely.

kevj

😀 You guys 😀

I’m not having a go at Newcastle fans

Really?

but why the Newcastle fans seem to think hooliganism is still acceptable is unbelievable.

Yes you were.

Of course everything on Twitter is absolutely hard evidence and is completely accurate so it was quite justified!

kevj

Winston Dog, you are quite right. I missed the word ‘some’ and pointed the finger at all Newcastle fans, which isn’t fair.

Sky news story corroborate Twitter. Like I did say though, it could have been any club.

the 17-year-old girl, a member of staff, was “feeling faint” but it was not clear whether she had been hit by a missile.

Not quite as dramatic as

their ‘fans’ have hospitalised a child

is it?

Not condoning their behaviour at all but it’s easy for anyone to put a different spin on events and to exaggerate the problems. TBH that really doesn’t help and just smacks of the Daily Wail.

kevj

I agree with you, my initial comment was written prior to me reading the sky article.

It does seem as though you are trying to provoke a reaction.

kevj – Don’t worry mate, you’re won I bit and you got your reaction. 🙄

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Anyway…. Despite us being bobbins, it’s shaping up into one hell of a season. Goal of the season there from Osvaldo and Southampton, in a cracking game. And Stoke beat Chelski. Madness 😯

TEH IRONISOMETERING!!

it’s shaping up into one hell of a season

It’s like the gift that keeps on giving isn’t it binbins?

kevj

Winston, there was nothing ‘to win’.

[Irony] STW [/Irony] often has threads that reduce words to abbreviations within one or two posts.

The Newcastle fans comment was only relative due to someone mentioning the score and the fact that Newcastle were playing Manchester United today.

My opinion is as valid as yours is, hence posting on a ‘forum’.

Three_Fish

Three Fish, do me a favour and say ‘TLA’ out loud.

You do not understand the difference between what constitutes an acronym and what constitutes an initialism. Unless you are attempting to redefine these terms, it would probably make sense to stop arguing.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Or taking, as the case may be Bravisimo?

I’ve already started my campaign to bring King Kenny back 😆

allthepies

binners wrote:

I’ve already started my campaign to bring King Kenny Sir Alex back

FTFY

I’ve already started my campaign to bring King Kenny back

He could only make things worse. If they could be. RVP and Roo gone in January…I would if I were them. 😀

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

You’re such a mercenary Bravisimo 😉

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘RVP snigger content’ is closed to new replies.