Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rush or Rize?
  • muggomagic

Can’t make up my mind on which one to go for. Looking at the Rush carbon 3 or the rize 4.
    Ridden them both and they both felt good. I ride on the south downs and once a year head to wales. Am I going to miss the 20mm of travel?

fotorat
    Free Member

Thats easy get both.

Heres my pair:

2008 Carbon 4:

2008 Carbon 3:

Dont ask me to pick my favourite as I have not had the Rize long enough to compare yet – but I am so lovin the Talas Fox on it. those clydsdale white bars and stem have got to go though.

I went for the 08 model as in 09 they have ditched fox forks in favour of Rockshoks and I think fox have the edge right now.

muggomagic

i will definately only be the one bike.

phildowling
    Free Member

Rush every time for me will do everything you’ll ever need.

We sell loads through work and everyone loves it, 24 hour races to trail centres awesome bit of kit

Garry_Lager

Depends a lot on what your riding, but I like the Rush and the Moto in CDale’s range at the moment, at the expense of the Rize. I have a rush and it’s very good and don’t really see the Rize offering much different.

bikerbruce
    Free Member

rush….best allrounder i have ever ridden..

fotorat
    Free Member

OK this is what I think – the Rush does make a great race bike and really can handle the worst we can throw at in the UK and Wales.

I have used mine with delicate XTR wheels at Brechfa in a rather carefree manner and despite my lack of ability I survived and the XTR wheels did too. kitted out to a 25lb race bike the rush is hard to beat and even I can get on “fun” podiums with it – and I have been racing since 1989!

Some would argue that the Rize is too much bike for anything we have in the UK and I am having a hard time getting mine below 27.7lbs. However the Rize (well mine at least) does make a superb trail/fun bike/free ride toy.

If I had too choose just one it would be the Rush ( so long as it had a decent wheelset!

Imprezarob
    Free Member

The Rush, I’ve had a go on one and had I not had a sudden bout of guilt for spending too much, I would have it in my garage right now.

As Dirt magazine said – whack on a shorter stem and it’ll be super great!

Never ridden the Rize, but the Rush is so impressive.

ChrisS
    Free Member

There seems to be quite a price difference as well, the rush carbon 3 is £2098 for RP23 and a Float 32 RLC. Whereas for £100 more, the carbon rize 4 only comes with an RP2 and a revelation 409. The drivetrain and wheels are broadly similar on both.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’ve had a alu Rush for over a year now, fantastic bike from enduro racing to trail centres it’s brilliant.

I’d only get rid of it to buy the carbon version.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rush or Rize?’ is closed to new replies.