Rural Andalucia – B&B and food

Home Forum Bike Forum Rural Andalucia – B&B and food

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Rural Andalucia – B&B and food
  • mtbmatt

Stayed at La Acacia, near Martos during Andalucia bike race. Nice place, quiet location. Owner doesn’t speak much english, but was a nice guy. The place itself is amazing. We had it for a steal, but perhaps because it was out of season.

mogrim

Can’t help with recommendations, but you want to be searching for ”casa rural”. Wikiloc has loads of routes, although as with all places local knowledge would be better.

(Should also point out that just north and west of Madrid has a lot of decent riding, and is also sunny…)

Edit: daily meals – a casa rural often has breakfast included, you’d probably want about 15-20€/day/person for dinner and lunch, including a couple of drinks.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Anybody care to share a budgetary cost for B&B accommodation and daily meals in the Andalucian hinterland? I fancy a ride in some sunshine. 😆

mbs2010

English run B&B’s start from 30 euros a night for a couple locally in Almeria, our local bar offers all meals (good quality Spanish cuisine) up to and including full board i.e. breakfast, packed lunch and 3 course evening meal with wine for 20 euros. N.B. this is 50km inland,tourist free with Spanish prices.

bikebouy

Just Go.
    It’s ace.
    If you head for Seville it’s gets more pricey, but hey…
    It’s ace.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Fabby thanks. Looks like up to €40 per day on an “expensive” day and half that on a cheap day if I was camping. I know things will be more expensive on the coast.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

The magic words are “menu del dia”.

🙂

mogrim

Fabby thanks. Looks like up to €40 per day on an “expensive” day and half that on a cheap day if I was camping. I know things will be more expensive on the coast.

Does that include accommodation? If it’s only food you’re not going to save that much camping, as chakaping says: “menu del día”.

Mackem

Alhama de Granada. Free tapas with your cheap beer.

http://www.alhamaaccommodation.com/index.html

Not a lot of good mtbing though. Nice place, next time i’ll take the road bike.

Mackem

oh and for casa rurals – http://www.toprural.com

bikebouy

I can’t really help, I took my van with my Roadie in and slept in the van (mighty hot on occasion) only using Hotels (80€ a night back in 2009) when I needed a shower and my clothes needed cleaning… 😆 I managed to ride with Andalucia CajaSur on training rides, I was out the back door but at least I gave it my all.. Some of the 18yr old feeder teams are mighty strong, and way used to the heat… Unlike me 😆

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

I was thinking of flying out and doing some on/off road touring.

Mackem

The GR7 has always looked a good trip to me. On;y done little bits. But it’s scenic with plenty of villages/towns along the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GR_7_(Spain)

ElShalimo

The coast from Cadiz to Gibraltar is lovely. Lots of cyclists along it
    Vejer de la Frontera is a lovely stop
    B&B prob €25-30 + 15 menu del dia including vino collapso

MTB-Idle

I stayed in a villa a bit further round near Alicante

Great riding tho

[video]https://vimeo.com/63083349[/video]

mogrim

I was thinking of flying out and doing some on/off road touring.

Fly to Madrid, train to Plasencia, then ride down “La Via de Plata” to Granada via Badajoz, Seville and Cordoba? Then train back to Madrid for the flight home. (Biased: my wife’s from Plasencia, and I live in Madrid…)

rideibiza

Outside the box, forget the rumours you here of Ibiza and check it out…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Rural Andalucia – B&B and food’ is closed to new replies.