Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Runny Nose When Riding
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

When I’m out on my bike I get a very runny nose, whilst doing the Wild Wales yesterday it was streaming and also happens in all weathers. Anybody else have a very runny nose and know why.

devs
    Free Member

After doing the Puffer and the associated training in foul cold weather I have found a simple solution. Grow a full beard and forget about it, it work its way out the bottom in a few days.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Always have a streaming nose

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yup me too.
    Exercise induced Rhinitis is the correct name I think.
    I seem to produce the most snot in the first hour of exercise, then the body seems to get a bit bored generating it.

grum
    Free Member

Yup I get this too, sometimes quite badly – always wondered what the hell it was.

mauja
    Free Member

I think it’s just you breathe in a lot more air when you’re exercising and that means there’s more chance of something irritaing your nasal passage causing your nose to run.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

If your eyes are watering then your nose will tend to run – I wear clear riding glasses to stop this.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it’s your body’s way of telling you eat less cheese/butter/milk.

(at least, i’ve noticed a correlation between milk-consumption, and snot production, to the point where my snot even tastes of milk…)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Runny Nose When Riding’ is closed to new replies.