• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by a11y.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Running 203mm rotors on Yari
  • zezaskar
    Free Member

Hi all,

So, here’s the deal, simple question actually.

Running a ’18 Yari fork, which we know has a PM 180mm brake mount.

Wanted to run a 203mm rotor for my XT brakes and after a quick check it seemed to me the correct adapter would be the Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM. It’s sometimes described as a 203mm adapter, other times as a +23mm adapter (which seemed correct).

However, after running this setup for a couple of rides, it seems to me the caliper is spaced out too much, with the pad not correctly positioned on the rotor.

Do I have the correct setup?

Thanks in advance

benpinnick

That is indeed the correct mount. What rotors are you running?

zezaskar
    Free Member

The rotor is a BBB Powerstop 203 that I had lying around

Brown
    Free Member

You’ve definitely got the mount the right way up? I’ve got that wrong before.

benpinnick

^ worth checking but Im not surprised to hear its not a shimano one. We used to do Hayes ones as they were cheaper than Shimano / SRAM and every bit as good, but we found they were a little undersized on Shimano calipers despite being the same theoretical size. I think its more likely the rotor than the brake/mount. I reckon if you put a shimano rotor on it would be all good again. The RT66 is a good value piece of kit – £15 on Merlin right now.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Thanks for all the answers.

Adapter has the arrow facing rearwards and pointing up, as per Shimano’s assembly diagram.

I think I’ll grab a Shimano rotor then…

a11y

2018 Yari 29er

Shimano Zees

Shimano RT66 (SLX) 203mm rotor

Standard Shimano adaptor

All standard and as the bike arrived with except me swapping the Deor caliper for Zee.

Ever so slightly too far out – when pads wear it leaves a small lip of material on the outermost edge of the pad. Slightly annoying but easily scraped off. Should;t happen in the first place given it’s all Shimano stuff on the Yari.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Running 203mm rotors on Yari’ is closed to new replies.