Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • lister

That be that then.

Kryton57

Done.  Goodbye World Cup and well done S.A.   we’ve been outplayed.

hols2
    Free Member

All over, I think.

IdleJon

Beautifully set up try. (First ever for SA in a RWC final!!)

dantsw13

Well played S.A.

Houns

No way we’ll get two converted tries, well played SA

Pigface
    Free Member

Oops

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

I do love a good forward pass-assisted try

mindmap3
    Free Member

Well played S.A. they had a game that totally nullified us and to add injury to insult we’ve been man shamed in the scrum.

Gatland was right…we played our final last week. We can’t deal with the pressure of being favourites etc but I guess the good news is the squad is largely young.

peteimpreza

I was worried England peaked last week and that South Africa would kick us to death………

Best team on the day are in front.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Well done S.A., best team winning.

Drac

Oh FFS!

hols2
    Free Member

Ok, I was wrong, not a bore-fest. SA actually playing really well.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Great try!
    Well done SA.

sprocker
    Free Member

Gutted

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Saved our worst performance for the final 😔

mindmap3
    Free Member

That’s a hell of a score line in a WC final. SA have been very very good today.

We’ve barely been able to get Manu into the game. Well done SA.

Drac

Just absolutely out performed well deserved win.

duncancallum

Outclassed pure n simple

ElShalimo

It makes Wales performance last week look impressive

Houns

Well done SA

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s a pity none of the South Africans would make a combined 15.

Drac

SA shown the world how to play in a final.

dantsw13

You give S.A. a lead you are in trouble. Too many mistakes, shaky scrum, hope Sinkler is ok?

Pigface
    Free Member

IMO gave to much beating the All Blacks, were never going to get that intensity again.

IdleJon

Ok, I was wrong,

First team to win a World Cup having lost a game. Told you that Wales didn’t need to beat Australia. 😁

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Well done SA.

anagallis_arvensis

Feel sad for the england players but soooo pleased that Eddie Jones hasnt won a world cup!

gauss1777
    Free Member

It’s a pity none of the South Africans would make a combined 15.

😂 harsh,too soon?

Hard luck England. It would have been great to have won, but getting to a final, comfortably beating Australia and NZ – quite an achievement!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Well played SA.

Looks like my nerves after listening to the BBC pod about SA were well placed. They’ve made a fair bit of history today. They played a very very good game that nullified all of our strengths and scored two great tries…we never really looked liked scoring.

dantsw13

Beating Aus/NZ/SA 3 in a row was always hard.

We will never know how much of an impact mentally losing Sinkler after 2 minutes had.

The big turning point for me was the tough kick Faz missed on about 50 min. We were 6 down at that point. The percentage play was put it in their 22.

He miseed, they kicked deep and got 3 points, then we had to chase the game.

mboy
    Free Member

Feel sad for the england players but soooo pleased that Eddie Jones hasnt won a world cup!

He was an assistant coach for SA during their 2007 victory… So technically, he already has!

Gutted that England just couldn’t get it together today, fair play totally outplayed by a SA team that had done their homework. They destroyed England in the scrum, and didn’t let England run the ball too much, and when England did get an opportunity to run it, their defence was impermeable!

2 world class tries too… I’m absolutely gutted as an England fan, but despite so many penalties (seriously, I think Jerome Garces is the most trigger happy ref in World Rugby right now!) it was actually a great game of Rugby if you were impartial.

pondo

The match was played on their terms, not ours, and we were never gonna out-Bok the ‘Boks. I’d have been pissed off if we lost by three and it was all penalties, but they deserved those tries, and clearly the win.

tjagain

mboy – certainly a better game than I feared.

Englands main issue apart from the scrums is the half backs! Youngs was poor today and so was Ford. Farrell no better when he moved to ten. How many times did Englands speedy back 3 get any ball in space? You have those attacking threats but they need ball! three training feild moves off lineouts blown as well with poor passing.

SA clearly better in all aspects of the game

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Tj, agreed Youngs was poor. None of the backs could get into it on the end of erratic passing like that.

renton
    Free Member

Would Cipriani have made a difference to that game 🤔🤔

ddraiggoch
    Free Member

Dunno? Does he have go-go-gadget arms, because that’s what anyone would need with passing like that.

There were a few points it could have gone the other way, but on balance S.A. simply outplayed England

hols2
    Free Member

Fantastic tournament overall. The Japanese team were amazing, really good for the sport to have them do so well. I don’t think any other team were on the level of SA, England, and NZ. Pretty decent final, SA just played really well, deserving winners.

duckman

It isn’t an old English team, the spine of it will be back in 4 years. You can take heart from that.

ctk
    Free Member

Fantastic 2 tries at the end & great tournament overall.

England not great today but have a lot of brilliant players a lot of whom are young.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.