Rugby World Cup Thread 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • BruceWee

If you could choose a combined XV from England and South Africa at this World Cup, you would choose all England players.

As soon as I saw this gem from Matt Dawson my first thought was ‘Ben Youngs?’

England rattled, but seem to have weathered the storm with the score board intact!

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

I’m relying on you guys to update me while I sit in a car and wait for Green Flag to recover me to a garage….

ElShalimo

High rate of attrition so far

Dawson my first thought was ‘Ben Youngs?’

then Kolbe

And Itohe amd Estabeth would be a handy pair of locks

mindmap3

Ford cracking under pressure?

We need some clear heads because the last thing we should be doing is giving SA scrums because we’re getting bummed there.

tails

Let’s just start playing from deep short simple passes. It’s like the Harlem globe trotters at time

dantsw13

Well, to start this badly and be only 3 points down…..

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

England really need to up their game.

Youngs making poor passes and choices. He went right when he had Lawes vs Kolbe on his left from 3 metres.

filibuster

How many phases..?!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

SA defending is brilliant.

mindmap3

Silly penalties given away are killing us too.

Houns

Stop giving penalties away!

mboy

South African Loosehead KEEPS collapsing the scrum, but referee keeps blaming Dan Cole!

This is shit!!!

dantsw13

Easier said than done.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Done deal. I reckon we’re out of this.   Our scrum now becomes a penalty magnet and all they have to do is kick from halfway.  England also look half the team they were last week.

We will need two tries to win and our attack / backs look anonymous

olddog

If England stopped knocking on then there wouldn’t be scrum pens. They are rattled and SA are stopping them play – all credit to SA

sprocker

Not the half we wanted, need to stop giving scrums away as they have bought the ref on them. Can see Farrell moving to 10 soon.

hols2

England really need to up their game.

And their score too.

Right Dank we need uncontested scrums, take the plank out of tge bed and put your arm here!

Woodwank starts with a sly dig at Wales!! ****.

dantsw13

Old dog has it. Basic errors.

need to stop giving scrums away as they have bought the ref on them

No, they are just getting their heads shoved up their arses!

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

South African Loosehead KEEPS collapsing the scrum, but referee keeps blaming Dan Cole!

That’s weird because Cole is complaining about Mtwarira driving upwards. How can he collapse the scrum by driving up?

(Back in 2009 the Lions test hinged on scrum penalties given against Vickery. His opponent was Mtwarira. I remember complaining on here that Vickery couldn’t concede a scrum penalty when his feet weren’t on the floor!)

Why would SA collapse when they are going forward, England getting battered in scrums and lineout has had a few hiccups too. If the SA forwards dont tire or all break stopping England on the gainline England could be in trouble here.

spekkie

Springbok shirts on today in our local bar here in Spain. If England were playing anyone else I’d be behind them, but today it’s the Bokke.

dantsw13

England ARE in trouble here. Ben Spencer on at HT?

England scrum being humped here. Short of another ‘injury’ and uncontested scrums, not sure how they’re going to get out of that.

Tight 40 minutes to come. SA currently forcing England’s hand.

dantsw13

That England assault on the S.A. line, there were at least 5 penalties, 3 neck rolls and Faf intentionally offside. How that wasn’t a yellow I’ve no idea.

tails

Could be in trouble I think we are. Seem to be struggling to catch as we’re the Welsh. If anything I can see the saf scoring.

gauss1777

Am I missing something? Woodward “from the team that played Wales, this is a completely different side”. It, looks much the same side to me. England commentators sneered about Wales style of play last week, SA’s too, but a battered Wales side could only do what was feasible. SA have looked the more dangerous side when running the ball so far.
    England were always going to say, “we haven’t won the game yet, SA will up their game.. etc” – but it does look a bit like they expected to dominate and be in control throughout.
    Again, you have to wonder if England can gain control once they’ve been rattled.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

That England assault on the S.A. line, there were at least 5 penalties, 3 neck rolls and Faf intentionally offside. How that wasn’t a yellow I’ve no idea.

Because the ref didn’t see them, or didn’t consider them penalties. This is the same ref I complained about last week and was told not to. He is immensely inaccurate.

SA fans had actually raised a petition to stop him reffing the Welsh game!

olddog

Another unnecessary scrum, another pen

gauss1777

Garces must be good to get the shout, but SA appear fortunate to have had him for their past two games.

mindmap3

That’s it I reckon. The Boks have strangled the life out of us. Without the open spaces we’re devoid of ideas.

Still not at 50 mins, you guys can still do this!

gauss1777

That’s it I reckon. The Boks have strangled the life out of us. Without the open spaces we’re devoid of ideas.

That’s worrying, there’s no way Wales would mentally concede defeat at this point. England have more than enough in their bag to pull this around; they just need the mental strength.
    imho of course

olddog

SA just better today – so it goes

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 2,576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.