Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Personally I’m gutted.

The banter on here would’ve been terrific for the next week!

Pigface
    Free Member

With respect AA you do talk bobbins at times.

nickjb
    Free Member

Unlucky Wales, maybe they used all their luck this year (6N and 1/4) I’ll be in Wales for the final and while part of me is glad that England isn’t facing them it’s a shame as the atmosphere would have been epic.

anagallis_arvensis

With respect AA you do talk bobbins at times.

You’d get more respect if you pointed out what was bobbins and gave a different view.

anagallis_arvensis

Unlucky Wales, maybe they used all their luck this year (6N and 1/4)

True and not to mention v Aus and Fiji in the pool! Wales did a good job of bringing SA down to their level and could of snatched it with a bit more composure, shame Patchel has been out most of this season if he was on form he may have waited rather than go for the drop mind you the pack was only ever going backwards.

Kryton57

The banter on here would’ve been terrific for the next week!

Well, yes but if us Englanders lost the final to Wales it’d be less painful crossing over to PInkBike for the next four years.

dantsw13

I see Spencer has flown in after Heinz did a hammy. I’m glad we have an extra day, because I think a few more are struggling too.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I see Spencer has flown in after Heinz did a hammy

Do keep up at the back there…….

😉

anagallis_arvensis

and Wales have to play NZ on friday!! I fear a real pasting as its going to have a second 15 feel to it.

anagallis_arvensis

Final is going to be fascinating, SA are going to be a completely different challenge to Aus and NZ.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The the Bokke pack have a pretty powerful punch. They have more chance of nullifying the England 8 than anybody else.

Still, they’ll have to do more with the ball than have de Klerk and Pollard kick it down the field.

anagallis_arvensis

they’ll have to do more with the ball than have de Klerk and Pollard kick it down the field.

For sure, if I was south african I’d have been horrified by their lack of ambition.

dantsw13

Sorry – I’ve been flying all weekend !!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

if I was south african I’d have been horrified by their lack of ambition.

Maybe, but they’re in the final. The end justifies the means.

I’m sure you’d have taken a 3-0 win for Wales.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m sure you’d have taken a 3-0 win for Wales.

I would have done but SA were stronger in almost all areas and going in at half time at 9-6 was awful from them, I was just happy Wales were still in the fight.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Wayne Barnes was surely earmarked for the final but now he’ll presumably sign off his career with the game nobody wants to watch (or play in) – the 3rd place play-off.

He must have been the only Englishman disappointed with the win over the ABs.

martinhutch

So England may get a fine for intruding on the AB’s sacred dance area. Hopefully Wales will provide a smirk-free zone for the slapping and tongue-waggling next weekend.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/oct/27/england-could-face-fine-following-their-response-to-new-zealands-haka

thegreatape
    Free Member

Meh, a few grand, well worth it. It would be funny if the rest of the team make the Honourable Judge Marler pay it 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I doubt anyone will care if they get fined after Saturday.

SA have promised more of the same game plan this week…yay. Hopefully Eddie has a plan to stop the anti-rugby of SA.

Any update on the welsh injuries?

I see the press jousting between Gatland and Jones continues…

anagallis_arvensis

Jusrcsaw this on the beeb

But May is in “immeasurably better” condition than when he was recovering from a hamstring problem at the same stage last week, Jones said.

Does that explain why he was chased down by a lock playing flanker. I didnt think he looked right throughout the game tbh.

dantsw13

He wasn’t chased down by the Lock, he cut back in because Beauden Barrett had come across behind him to cover, enabling the Big Barrett to snare him. He definately wasn’t 100% though.

Can we expect any tactical replacements from Jones this week?
    Personally I think we need to play around rather than through SA.

Has Kolbe recovered?

dantsw13

Unbelievably, I’m away for the 3rd week in a row – working for the last 2 matches, and on a sailing course this w/e! 🙈

anagallis_arvensis

He wasn’t chased down by the Lock, he cut back in because Beauden Barrett had come across behind him to cover, enabling the Big Barrett to snare him. He definately wasn’t 100% though.

I expect you are right but for a bloke with his pace put into space he should have been looking to score. Obviously his hamstring wasnt as bad as North’s 😥 I had to laugh though that he still hopped into place and smashed the SA winger, Edwards really does instil some grit into them!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If Scott Barrett wasn’t about three stone heavier than his brothers he would be equally as quick, if not quicker. May didn’t make any ground on him at all in the way that he outpaced Kerevi the previous week.

As I mentioned before, Scott Barrett ran down Julian Savea form behind in Super Rugby a couple of seasons back so it was no surprise to see May unable to outrun him either – especially if he had a dodgy hamstring.

dantsw13

Day off today , so watching both semis again.

The May v Barrett – Scott B had about a 5 yard head start – May got to level with him, but even if he had beaten him the FB was waiting, so cutting back was the correct decision.

ElShalimo

Jérôme Garces to ref the final.

dantsw13

Anybody who isn’t Steve Walsh is good!!! I’ve always quite liked Roman Poite, but certainly don’t mind Garces.

Looks like Kolbe is fit.

anagallis_arvensis

Was it Garces who did the Wales SA semi? Advantage SA for having a bear pit free for all at the breakdown!

IdleJon

Anybody who isn’t Steve Walsh is good!!!

Blast from the past. He wasn’t a bad ref when he wasn’t picking fights with people. 😂

pedlad

Advantage SA for having a bear pit free for all at the breakdown!

I certainly didn’t see it that way – SA countered legally straight through a number of welsh rucks because they hadn’t committed enough men to secure it….

Really looking forward to that battle in the final as England will need to be on top in order to get going with the expansive quicker flowing stuff we saw against NZ.

dantsw13

Yes, Garces was the SA/Wal semi ref.

He seems to make his own mind up and not like TMOs, so if we’d had him v NZ we would have scored 33 points!!

Any injury news from England camp?

Spencer in for Heinz should be no issue – he’s probably had more rugby recently anyway, plus half the team are Sarries.

Kryton57

Or reffing England.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Anybody who isn’t Steve Walsh is good!!!

Aaaah Steve Walsh……

That dazzling smile, those forearms, the tan, the mad new TMO rules he’d just make up on the spot, that torso – did I mention the forearms?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Any injury news from England camp?

Not so far, other than Spencer.

I’m guessing the physio’s and team doctors are on overtime after the last match. There’ll be some bloody sore bodies. I just hope that the prem clubs give the players some downtime once the WC is over.

dantsw13

Yes, I see last weekend WC players already back in the Prem. not good for the players.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yes, I see last weekend WC players already back in the Prem. not good for the players

I don’t think Hogg was worn out.

dantsw13

Yes, but instead of a summer break they’ve all been in RWC Camp, so not real break.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aaaah Steve Walsh……

*Swoons*

Kryton57

*Swoons*

Which reminds me @anagallis_arvensis did you see Gav running in slow motion through a sunny forest setting wearing a skin tight black turtleneck and looking rugged last night? I imagine thats right up your street… 😀

<div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

mindmap3
    Free Member

I don’t think Hogg was worn out.

That made me laugh more than it should have.

I’m really nervous about Saturday now having listened to a BBC podcast on the way home about S.A. and the potential impact winning the WC could have. That’s got to be a massive motivator. Gulp.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.