Rugby World Cup Thread 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • brownsauce

lolz @ Houns meme

It’s not often you get to see the ABs made to look so ordinary.

Cracking game by England, hoping the Men of Harlech put one over SA now.

pedlad

Curry Underhill itoji…..you gave them one hell of a beating. Absolutely bloody magic.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

So if Wales get to the final and win then they aren’t world champions because they haven’t beaten NZ since 1830 or something.

And if England win, ditto. They haven’t beaten their nemesis….Scotland. 😁

pedlad

More coherently best most intense and controlled 80 min of rugby I’ve ever seen England play. Thought the only disgrace was NZ carping on to the ref like it is a soccer game.

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Have to say that was an amazing performance from England.

They completely dominated the ABs.

Must be favourites for the World Cup now

They haven’t beaten their nemesis….Scotland.

Very good.

Mind you, everybody else has beaten Scotland so we can rest easy……

brownsauce

And if England win, ditto. They haven’t beaten their nemesis….Scotland. 😁

what are you babbling on about ?

they never played each other in the tournament.

lapdog

Pedlad – ‘NZ carping on like a soccer match’ ! What rubbish. What about Farrells soccer like play acting when Whitelock touched his face!

Both teams mostly played hard and fair I reckon. Well done England – beautiful rugby.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

what are you babbling on about ?

they never played each other in the tournament.

🤣 No they didn’t.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Thought the only disgrace was NZ carping on to the ref like it is a soccer game.

The sign of a rattled team.  Nigel warning of Yellows with 20 to go was also instrumental – with England forcing them backward and Cards halfway out of Nigel’s pocket they needed to be careful not to compound the misery.

spekkie

I have to laugh at friends in NZ saying that if England win the final, they haven’t “really” won. What’s that all about?

Muppets.

nickjb

totally doiminated NZ in the last 5 min

Did you miss the other 75 mins when England also dominated. Only time NZ were on top was for 3 seconds when England fluffed the line out (and whenever it went to the TMO 🙂 )

gauss1777

I have to laugh at friends in NZ saying that if England win the final, they haven’t “really” won. What’s that all about?

Muppets.

Really? That doesn’t surprise me. It would have been worse no doubt if it had been a close game. It wasn’t. I’m waiting now for if (big if) Wales best SA, the talk about the NZ v SA game being the real final.

England will be favourites in the final whoever the play, but I think they’d prefer SA. I’d give Wales a 25% chance against England if it comes to it. I wish the second game was this afternoon.

The Kiwi friends I’ve spoken to have all said – well done, the better side won, no complaints.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

The Kiwi friends I’ve spoken to have all said – well done, the better side won, no complaints.

+1

I’d love an England vs Wales final.

It’s such a fantastic rivalry and would be a great event for both sets of fans.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

I’d love an England vs Wales final.

It’s such a fantastic rivalry and would be a great event for both sets of fans.

+1

Whoever would win that, it would be massive for rugby in Wales. Imagine the build-up to the 6N next year..

alanl

Sonny Bill looking distinctly ordinary for once, he was clattered whenever he touched the ball.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Sonny Bill looking distinctly ordinary for once, he was clattered whenever he touched the ball.

He hasn’t looked particularly great for a while now, even in domestic games where he’s had far more space than England allowed him.

Oooh look! Another squirrel!

mefty

Immense performance by England, but also pretty impressive defense by NZ. Despite constant pressure they kept themselves just about in the game, which made one fear that they would be able to mount a come back like they have done so often before. But England just kept going – astonishing.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

Actually, it’s not often we can say the score line flattered the Kiwis….. but for that misfired lineout they never really looked that threatening. Just imagine if the TMO decided the ball didn’t actually leave George’s hand after all. ……..

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I also think the commentary was right and the TMO was wrong on the first try.  Whitelock decided to come in on Curry, Curry never took him out deliberately.  There also a question – which was penalised I think later in the game – of tackling off the ball e.g. Curry was tackled off the ball.  Should have benefit of the doubt to England twice over.

Underhill must be the only flanker to be disallowed so many tries v NZ.

mindmap3

If we do face Wales next week, I hope they know it’s our turn to win…

The best us in the 6n, we beat them in the first warm up, then they won…it’s our turn next! 😂

On a more serious note, I hope that nor our big performance of the WC. We have a habit of putting in a very good performance and then not bothering (see this 6N).

There will be some sore bodies tomorrow morning; Faz and Heinz being the two obvious ones but I imagine that Underhill and Curry will be ruined.

The Kiwi media have gone into meltdown mode.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

“The AB’s were like my old Honda… Lost every gear except reverse, and took over 80 mins to get to running temperature.”

Lol!

End of the world…

Thought the only disgrace was NZ carping on to the ref like it is a soccer game.

Given Farrells acting from a push to the face your on shakey ground there!

I feel sorry for the England supporters at my birthday drinks on 6N super Saturday. It’s a drink everytime the WC final is mentioned.
    In fact that should be the rule all 6N.

Premier Icon Straightliner
    Subscriber

Brilliant effort by England, it was stressful to watch but they played together so well with little dropping away.

For tomorrow’s semi-final, is it 9am BST or 9am GMT? Cant seem to find a definitive answer. And good luck to Wales, let’s hope it’s a northern hemisphere final.

spekkie

I believe it’s on at the same time as todays game was. 10am here in Spain.

nickjb

9am GMT according to my sources

dannyh

Well, England outplayed them in every aspect of the game other than scrums, which were about evens.

Amazing composure, intensity and focus, especially after having two tries scrubbed off. Looking back at the game, I think probably all the England players outplayed their opposite number.

dantsw13

9 GMT is the same as uk local time tomorrow👍

hols2

That was a great game between two teams who I wish could both lose, but that was a world class performance from England. Very deserving winners. They should be proud.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

I also think the commentary was right and the TMO was wrong on the first try. Whitelock decided to come in on Curry, Curry never took him out deliberately.

It was deliberate obstruction every day of the week. Nige should have called it straight away instead of waving it on, and then there wouldn’t have been a controversy.

dantsw13

Whitelock did jump out, but Curry was clearly in front.

dantsw13

Just watching it on ITV plAyer having missed the match live. I’m not sure why Farrel stayed on when clearly injured?

gauss1777

Why is my clock moving so slowly?
    England’s win has given me a touch more hope, why is that?
    Player’s like North seem to play at their best, just when it counts. It could happen.

Someone up there mentioned SBW

I actually thought he was ok when he came on, he was making himself a target and trying to draw in the England defenders and offload, did it a few times. But this led to me thinking about the game and rewatching a few bits and what struck me was how tactically inept NZ were, they spent all day trying to get outside the blitz without ever doing anything to try and hold the England forwards. No one was ever buying the pod of forwards acting as a shield, they never looked like taking the ball so the backs could just be lined up and smashed. The NZ pack needed to pick and go up the guts at least a few times to hold in the defence. Thats why Sinkler passing on to the backs behind him is so effective because when he doesnt do it he’s a gainline threat.
    NZ just went out and played rugby without seemingly giving it any thought and why did they constantly kick to touch rather than make the big England pack work? Bizarre. One things for sure whoever wins tomorrow will test England in a totally different way. SA will take the England pack on at every opportunity and Wales will boot the ball long and infield and hope the likes of Billy Vee tire themselves out smashing welsh defenders like tenpins until Biggar does a high kick regather followed by a cross kick!

dantsw13

The one thing England have done this WC is get their best team on the park, after years of big injury lists.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,121 through 2,160 (of 2,576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.