Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • w00dster

Navidi is a big loss, but more so with Moriarty being such a liability. Also 26 missed tackles at the weekend, so some work to be done.
    Halaholo available to be selected from tomorrow? Too late to be called up?

molgrips
    Free Member

Do people really expert Welsh people to support England in the world cup because they are from the same hemisphere, that just shows a complete lack of understanding of what it is to be a supporter.

What it means to be a Welsh supporter. England v Wales has a load of rugby, history and class related baggage.

That doesn’t mean we can’t be objective when talking about them and appreciate good rugby. I just don’t want it to come from England 🙂

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Do people really expert Welsh people to support England in the world cup?

TBH I’d be most disappointed if any of the Celts wanted us to win.

One of the (many) great things about being English is the moral condescension we enjoy by supporting the Celtic nations whilst they all want us to lose.

Kryton57

It says more about the individuals than the game.  I’ll happily be supporting Wales should they be the only NH team through to the final.

Kryton57

Although, just out of interest, Kryton, would you say you’re a strong supporter of the birther movement?

Not sure what that means tbh.

anagallis_arvensis

Halaholo available to be selected from tomorrow? Too late to be called up?

What about McNicol?

It says more about the individuals than the game.

What does it say oh wise one?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Some people on here need to woman the **** up.

namastebuzz

TBH I’d be most disappointed if any of the Celts wanted us to win.

One of the (many) great things about being English is the moral condescension we enjoy by supporting the Celtic nations whilst they all want us to lose.

Kryton abide by this^^^^, plus a true Englishman will relish the abuse from their little brothers. It shows how much we have pissed them off. Stop whining about it. Its all part of the fun. I love how much it pisses off my little Celtic neighbours when I love and support them, and I fully expect them to hate me back.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

a true Englishman will relish the abuse from their little brothers. It shows how much we have pissed them off.

😆😆😆

We love you guys really.

(Albeit in a patronisingly annoying kind of way.)

5plusn8
    Free Member

I do love them too. it just cracks me up when that annoys them

molgrips
    Free Member

No we really do hate you.

tintim

Probably the best moment to post this 🙂

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’ve seen that before. Excellent.

molgrips

No we really do hate you.

Sweet.

duckman

Apart from when you lose to one of us of course, or anybody else. Then it is either luck (Scotland last year) or poor reffing; (Welsh slam game, Lawes offside, Barclay holding Hughes back ) At that point you whine…a lot…

Kryton57

Stop whining about it.

Who’s whining?   I’m just pointing it out, it isn’t spoiling my day far from it.   My point I guess is that anyone with a decent moral fibre and some intelligence might recognise a talent or good performance from any man/woman/team regardless of their nationality *shrugs*

Btw AA a PSA – you know your idol is on Celebrity Hunted?  Just in case you haven’t tuned in already

5plusn8
    Free Member

At that point you whine…a lot…

Not me.

anagallis_arvensis

Btw AA a PSA – you know your idol is on Celebrity Hunted?

I’ve no idea what celebrity hunted is but I will investigate!!

anagallis_arvensis

My point I guess is that anyone with a decent moral fibre and some intelligence might recognise a talent or good performance from any man/woman/team regardless of their nationality *shrugs*

I could recognise Dilly Dally Dayglo was a good player, doesnt mean I supported him.

Kryton57

Ha Ha.  Its crap “escape and evasion” entertainment reality type stuff.  He’s running around the country with Martin Offiah and a camera trying to avoid being spotted.

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m English but in the past I’ve also lived in South Africa. I’d love to see either Eng or SA win the competition but I’ll accept either team losing to NZ if it’s a really good game.

I thought Japan played very well and was sorry to see them go out, but not sorry enough that I’d have wanted them to win.

Happy to see Wales beat France and I’m always happy to see Oz call for a taxi to the airport…..

BruceWee

My point I guess is that anyone with a decent moral fibre and some intelligence might recognise a talent or good performance from any man/woman/team regardless of their nationality *shrugs*

But only so long as they are from the same hemisphere? And preferably from Europe. But not France, obviously. Or Italy.

And if you have a choice between supporting one of the home nations or England then it’s obviously it’s pretty churlish not to support England?

Does that about cover it?

Kryton57

Does that about cover it?

No idea, it appears to be an argument you are having with yourself.

BruceWee

Sorry it must have been someone else who said

The most I’ve admired from this thread within the exception of one or two is how we’ve all generally been in support of NH sides

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Anyway, going back to the rugger:

When England went into the 2003 RWC (sorry to mention it) they did so on the back of 10 consecutive home and away wins over the SH big three.

This time round we have 8 wins out of 11 which sounds OK but 6 of those were over Australia which leaves 2 out of 4 against SA and 0 from 1 against the ABs.

So we’re 2 from 5 against our semi final and potential final opponents.

As Steve Hansen pointed out, experience of losing is not as good as experience of winning.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Apart from when you lose to one of us of course, or anybody else. Then it is either luck (Scotland last year) or poor reffing; (Welsh slam game, Lawes offside, Barclay holding Hughes back ) At that point you whine…a lot…

No qualms with any of those mate. It’s only 1990 I’m bitter about. 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Owen Lane heading to Japan. I’d still back Scott Williams but then what do us arm chair fans know

anagallis_arvensis

Owen Lane eh? Strange one, I would imagine they must be confident its just tackle bag duty….he’s not played in the centres for Blues yet has he? Would love to see him play in midfield on a regular basis.

Wales alternative 15 for next six nations!!

1. Carre
    2. Dee
    3. Lewis
    4. Beard
    5. AWJ’s secret younger clone.
    6. Ellis Jenkins
    7. Tipuric
    8. Faletau

9. Tomos williams
    10. Anscombe/Patch
    11. Adams
    12. Halaholo
    13. Lane
    14. MCnicol
    15. Loopy

mefty
    Free Member

Maybe not for the squeamish, the last I saw of it, he was in the woods with a large black man who was in the process of undressing!

gauss1777
    Free Member

There was some moaning from France fans after the Wales game about the rip being a forward pass for the last try. However, I was just reading where someone states that Law 11 states that a rip is not deemed a forward pass. Is this correct and if so why did they look at it, with the tmo, as if it was an issue?

See below:

LAW11 Knock-onorthrowforward

5. The ball is not knocked-on, and play continues, if:
    a. A player knocks the ball forward immediately after an opponent has kicked it
    (charge down).
    b. A player rips or knocks the ball from an opponent and the ball goes forward from the opponent’s hand or arm.

mikey3
    Free Member

Wouldn’t call myself I massive rugby fan or student of the game but that’s interesting, Good to learn something about a game I’ve been watching on TV since I was young ( I’m Welsh and we get dragged through town behind a donkey if we don’t at least watch the six nations)

DanW
    Free Member

It isn’t knocked on (for want of a better word) if it goes forward in the direction of the ball carrier. Forward in the direction of the tackler with the tackler having the last touch is a knock on.

I thought it was forward by a mile when I watched it live and turned off the tv in despair. No idea how Wales got away with that*

*the wording of the TMO referral saved Wales but it looked clearly forward to me

mikey3
    Free Member

France have had their breaks against Wales in the recent past anyway, that’s why we all love sport, for the swings and roundabouts, I’m more worried about getting to the final and losing to England:)

gauss1777
    Free Member

It isn’t knocked on (for want of a better word) if it goes forward in the direction of the ball carrier. Forward in the direction of the tackler with the tackler having the last touch is a knock on.

I think I see what you mean. Point b. above is unclear as it says forward, but not from who’s perspective. I think what confused me was the France player was facing ‘backwards’ ie in the direction of Wales attack iirc.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m more worried about getting to the final and losing to England:)

I’m worried about more injuries and more players being sent home. It could get to the point where I get called up, and I only ever played once – it was too rough for me!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I thought it was forward, and I think the guys above have misinterpreted the law.
    However, who cares, thats rugby. Wales would likely have scored elsewhere, France lost the game when the big bloke got carded.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought it was forward by a mile when I watched it live and turned off the tv in despair. No idea how Wales got away with that*

*the wording of the TMO referral saved Wales but it looked clearly forward to me

The ref said on field try so it had to be clearly forward to be chalked off and it wasnt

LAW11 Knock-onorthrowforward

I think it was more that another bloke could of caught it ahead of the guy who ripped it and so would have been offside…I dont **** now….Wales won, happy daze…

In other news I see Vahamina or however its spelt has retired from internationals at 28, seems a shame to stop after such a brainfart.

mefty
    Free Member

I can see in the case of a rip it is impossible to discern what caused the direction of the movement of the ball because both players will be applying force to the ball hence the rule, but that is a guess.

In my father’s day you had to catch a charge down otherwise it was a knock on!

mindmap3
    Free Member

In other news I see Vahamina or however its spelt has retired from internationals at 28, seems a shame to stop after such a brainfart.

It’s nit his first though is it? Disciple isn’t the strongest part of his game.

duckman

Also means he can go to the hearing and give an especially Gallic shrug/ snort on hearing the verdict. All while saving on the cost of a pack of biscuits.

anagallis_arvensis

Also means he can go to the hearing and give an especially Gallic shrug/ snort on hearing the verdict. All while saving on the cost of a pack of biscuits.

He will still be banned from club games.

Kryton57

Jaco Peypers RWC is over also.  He’s been omitted from the semi’s.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Lots of tiny bits of news going on – Keiren Read getting wound up by the press, England training light yesterday on “handling”, claims of spies with cameras, and more articles across he world theorising that England could actually scrape through.   </span>

Exciting times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.