Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • DanW
    Free Member

Will the AB’s be this confident against England? Probably 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

And I thought I was hard on the Irish :

It was the stark understanding that, at one more World Cup, Ireland’s place in the pecking order is that of serf, bondservant, doormat upon which the All Black aristocrats deposited the grime from their beautifully sashaying boots.

duckman

Anybody seen the Guinness advert? 😂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dantsw13

Did the haters forget to mention Farrell’s great kicking from the touch line today?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Did the haters forget to mention Farrell’s great kicking from the touch line today?

He played well. Kicked well.

We looked better with Ford on though.

dantsw13

I’d have to disagree.

I’ve just watched the match again on catchup with the result known, and I’ve seen nothing at all from George Ford yet. Some of Farrell’s passes on the gain line were great – the Sinckler try for example.

dantsw13

I’ve been thinking this for a while, but Billy Vunipola has been very quiet this WC too. Now, I’m sure he’s been marked/double teamed, which leaves gaps elsewhere, but he’s had no real big impact.

Oh, and good to see Sinckler maturing, ignoring attempts to wind him up.

Kryton57

Just watch the Ireland game – Jeez they were poor, but blimey the AB’s were good.   Its going to be a tough game next week.  I’m not sure England can do it, but they need to impose their game on them.

By the same token – and I mean this respectfully to the Irish, I’m not sure the AB;s have faced a team as tough as England will be as yet.   I expect the same teams / bench to roll out from Jones TBH.

Agree with comments re Sinckler – they set out to end him up and he held out – good for him.

dantsw13

I’m flying again for the semis next week 😣

I tuned in to R5 over France to catch up on the Ireland score and it was 29-0!! What on earth has happened to them? Had their game plan just been worked out and not evolved?

I’m also flying tomorrow for both games – rooting for Wales though. I imagine if they beat France, most Wales fans will be supporting England next week – nobody wants to play NZ!

anagallis_arvensis

I tuned in to R5 over France to catch up on the Ireland score and it was 29-0!! What on earth has happened to them? Had their game plan just been worked out and not evolved?

The dull as **** ireland game plan was irrelevant as NZ started so well and Ireland hardly had the ball in the first 20 mins and were about 20 nil down, they got blown away. The impressive thing was the way the seemingly much smaller all black forwards got over the gainline all the time. Irelan were lucky not to have conceded 50. The scrum and line out all worked and to be fair to them they never gave up but they were in damage limitation mode after 20mins.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’d have to disagree

Oh forgot to add – we’d certainly have scored 50 if Cipriani had been playing.

😉

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The Irish found success with a horribly limited gameplan but once other teams sussed them out they were just left horribly limited.

Despite England’s good performance let’s not forget the ABs put Australia away 36-0 in their Bledisloe rematch. There were enough chinks in England’s defence to give NZ plenty of food for thought.

The ABs forwards will not be as easy to out muscle. They were punishing on the gain line. Retallick’s return is timely for them too. Their backs will surely exploit Daly’s ineffective defending and Tuilagi’s poor reads.

Still, roll on next week.

brownsauce
    Free Member

England no-where near their best today but got job done thanks to more tactically astute field kicking , selecting where & when to play their running game , and not to be underestimated , the sheer power of our front pack. – case in point at around 70th minute , england scrum into rolling maul , we pushed the aussies off the ball like they were schoolkids.

Whoever wins the NZ vs Eng will be odds on to lift the trophy in my op.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Whoever wins the NZ vs Eng will be odds on to lift the trophy in my op

Let’s not forget England’s propensity to blow big leads and that Wales and SA are still in the other side of the draw.

brownsauce
    Free Member

Agreed.

But of the 4 other remaining teams only Wales are capable of beating  Eng or NZ on current forms.

all blacks already beaten S.A.in first round , and Eng would beat them too looking at how they dispatched Aus today.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I imagine if they beat France, most Wales fans will be supporting England next week – nobody wants to play NZ!

There’s a long way to go before we need to worry about that. But, if Wales did beat England in the final we’d forever hear how New Zealand were still the best because Wales had not beaten them.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Justin Marshall’s comments before the game were proven to be correct. He was pretty harsh on Ireland but they were poor today. It’ll be interesting to see how they shake up under Farrell next season.

England have got a bloody mountain to climb next week.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

But of the 4 other remaining teams only Wales are capable of beating Eng or NZ on current forms

Hmmmn. SA beat England 2-1 last time they met and have improved since then. They’ve pushed the ABs close too.

loum
    Free Member

That was a crap Oz side. But for some shocking refereeing, they should have lost to Fiji and gone out in the group stage. Even Wales are beating them.
    But for England fans,it’s the all blacks that haven’t faced a tough match yet…

hols2
    Free Member

But for England fans,it’s the all blacks that haven’t faced a tough match yet…

Exactly. They’ve only played Ireland and South Africa at the WC, plus South Africa, Australia, and Argentina in the Rugby Championship. Talk about underprepared. Lambs to the slaughter.

anagallis_arvensis

But of the 4 other remaining teams only Wales are capable of beating Eng or NZ on current forms

Wales havent beaten NZ since 1953 and I doubt we will start now. England and SA have the players if the stars align, Wales dont.

hols2
    Free Member

Wales havent beaten NZ since 1953

They did make them try really hard on at least one occasion though, surely that must count for something.

anagallis_arvensis

They did make them try really hard on at least one occasion though, surely that must count for something.

1970 something?

burko73

J Davies out of the wales team. Shame.

burko73

Cheika quits

gauss1777
    Free Member

No Jonathan Davies! My nerves won’t last. We would struggle to beat NZ, but we would have a chance. There’s a lot to happen before that though.

BruceWee

Cheika quits

Wonder if there’s any truth to the rumour about Dave Rennie being the target. Wonder what his future employers will make of Glasgow’s performances.

BruceWee

I haven’t heard much about this week’s French revolution. Did the players rise up and overthrow their coaching oppressors in the end?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Well Guirado is back in the starting lineup so you’d have to assume that either the players have won or a truce has been called.

anagallis_arvensis

J Davies out of the wales team. Shame

😥😥😥😥

This is going to be a squeaky bum close call super tense swearathon.

Luckily I have to take son to rugby now!!

peteimpreza

Ooohhh la la France have turned up!!!

loum
    Free Member

Ooh la la

Scapegoat

Oh dear. Come on Wales, could do with sorting those tackles out!

loum
    Free Member

Wales fitness should still win it if they’re within 40 at half time…

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Let me know when the real game starts.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Presumably not enough force to warrant a red ?

5plusn8
    Free Member

North looks like he should be on the sofa. Most of the backs look knackered. WTF is going on?

Kryton57

Crikey.   Nervous times, come on Wales…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

North did well to get back and snare Fickou. He got of that sofa pretty quick!

Luckily the French have missed a couple of kicks to leave Wales still in touch.

burko73

Not a very easy 40 mins on the sofa for us welsh fans. Just not happening. Tff wainwright’s try there. Shame Navidi is off. That’s not going to help later on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.