Rugby World Cup Thread 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Damn it missed it because I’m on nights. Seems I missed a good game.

Premier Icon pondo
    Subscriber

You did, that was great! I can’t get used to the idea that we can go into a match against one of the tri nations as favourites – but I do rather like it…. 🙂

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

Aus always seemed to have that lingering threat of getting a break and scoring from their own half with the speed of that 3/4 line, especially the number 11 who made some very fast eng players look flat-footed in that not-a-try*

Glad we put away the shackle-draggers in that manner, defence looks good and there’s more to come in attack

*not sure how the TMO wasn’t clear on that, pretty bloomin obviously forward

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

not sure how the TMO wasn’t clear on that, pretty bloomin obviously forward

Agreed. It was obvious in live play. I’m also puzzled about why Australia avoided a yellow (or two) for collapsing mauls in scoring positions, so it’s karma!

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

Well done England, got to be the end for MC now.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

What time is the Scotland game?

What time is the Scotland game?

16:45 on the 1st of February 2020 in Dublin I think.

1 cracking good match gone, looking forward to the next one now. I don’t think that Ireland can rope-a-dope the ABs like England did to the Wallabies though.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

16:45 on the 1st of February 2020 in Dublin I think.

Damm night shift I’ll probably miss that one.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

Nearly five months of rest, we’re going to be on fire!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

😂👍🏼

😂

5plusn8

Slow start from Kiwus. I tink they are nervous.

Premier Icon boomerlives
    Subscriber

They really don’t look it

Australia’s kicking game was weak. The didn’t want to kick, and when they did it went wrong. You have to look at the coach for that.

This could get ugly.

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

5plusn8

Slow start from Kiwus. I tink they are nervous

Still time to edit! 😀
    I picked it up at 11mins and they have been relentless in the ten mins I have seen.

5plusn8

Yeah I posted that at 4 mins. Was expecting two tries by then…
    I don’t see AB’s easing off. Going to be a revenge driven cricket score.

No surprise here.

Ireland have gone steadily downhill since they beat NZ last year.

Reminds me of the 60-0 game in 2012

Well if he’s going to ping every entry like that PO’M one then this is just going to be a game of penalties.

Richie Mo’unga will be in disgrace. The ABs only missed one tackle in that half.

hols2

Oh dear, England – NZ next weekend unless Ireland pull off a miracle comeback here.

Well if he’s going to ping every entry like that PO’M one then this is just going to be a game of penalties

O’Mahoney and Healey have been doing that for years.

Dirty feckers…

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

Ooh nearly got a bit dusty in here watching Best get subbed off there
    Hell of a player and not the result you’d wish for him to retire on

hols2

Five tries from Ire and this is a very different game.

Premier Icon Caher
    Subscriber

Weeee the comeback has started!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Well that was short lived.

mindmap3

That’s a bit of a hosing for Ireland. Sad way for the like of Best to end their international career.

We’ll most definitely be packing Pitt bags next week. Whilst we played well today, the AB’s are on another level.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Ireland decide to join in. Shame it’s 70 minutes after New Zealand.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Still time for a comeback. 😂

Enjoyed that!! What a team! Can they impose their game on Englands power?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

England are going to have to be right at the top of their game to even stand a chance.

Anyway, congrats to Ireland for equalling their best ever RWC result….

🙄

hols2

Sad way for the like of Best to end their international career.

That’s the downside of ending your career at the World Cup – chances are your final game will be a loss.

England are going to have to be right at the top of their game to even stand a chance.

For sure but I think its possible.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Indeed they have it in them.

A Kiwi friend just messaged me to say he wasn’t very happy with the AB’s performance!

FFS!

Mind you, that’s the attitude that makes them so good.

Premier Icon djflexure
    Subscriber

England will put Kiwi’s under pressure, something that Ireland did not manage today. Only then we will see how good they really are are. I quite fancy England to win but ABs will start as favourites.

gauss1777

Me too, England had more to offer today. They’re not great when things are going against them though – it’s going to be another great game.
    However, we’ve got tomorrow to come first. The great thing for me today was watching the games without that awful feeling in my stomach, it’s back again now.

mrlebowski

England/AB – too close to call.

England very definitely capable of beating the ABs, but it won’t be easy!

DanW

As a neutral watching, that never really looked in doubt for England. They shut down everything Australia tried to do and with a complete absence of a kicking game today just let them self destruct and pile more pressure on themselves. Defense was excellent and they made it look easy in attack, particularly in the first half. Credit where it’s due England played well today.

England were very streetwise I thought which was a massive part of getting the win, especially once ahead on the scoreboard. They could afford for the tackler to be (an illegal) nuisance at the breakdown and committed very few other defenders as a result. Aus didn’t seem to get an fast ball despite England generally keeping numbers out of the breakdown and if they did get pinged then so be it- it was Aus’s game to chase.

Likewise, ever time Aus got in to the English 22 there was always a cynical penalty to kill any momentum dead. If they weren’t pinged then they slowed ball down or got off the line (too) fast and if the were pinged then it was always 3 points despite the massive pressure which put Aus behind the curve.

Case in point too, Aus deep in the 22 looking dangerous with a scrum under the posts and half time approaching only for Sinkler to keep dropping, waste time, kill momentum and it all end in a penalty rather than 7 points. Who knew he had a brain cell?!

Itoje was constantly screaming in Genia’s ears leaning over the rucks and I’d love to see if the ball actually was out when he turned the tide for England. If the ref doesn’t call it then it’s legal! Little things like that turned every bit of Aus pressure in to England’s favour so they did more right today than just the obvious stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 2,576 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.