Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • anagallis_arvensis

Farrells defence at 10 is good despite what many say here, He has good vision and passing at 12 too. He’s a good player. Ford brings other threats into the attack better though.
    Vunipola at 1 weakens the scrum and is a bit of a risk although he carries well.
    The France Wales game will be close again no doubt, hopefully Wales can win, I’ll be gutted if they lose so my usual pessimism must be a bit off.

onehundredthidiot

Hence the move to 10 but also his form slips and the now illegal tackle will com back. He’s more exposed at 12.

IdleJon

and hopefully his awful technique and potential red/yellow tackles will be lessened.

With Australia’s form for stupid tackles in this competition it will be interesting to see who gets carded…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Is Ford a good enough spot kicker under pressure?
    I imagine there was a lot of consideration for EJ, not just on the fact that AF is proven to be more consistent in big games

I actually think that Ford has the better kicking averages than Farrell at the moment plus his kicking out of hand is better.

We’ll see. It’ll either be a stroke of genius or we’ll be packing our bags.

anagallis_arvensis

Carre and Beard onto bench and Shingler and Smith drop out, otherwise unchanged…nerves are jangling now!!

Wales: L Williams; North, Jonathan Davies, Parkes, Adams; Biggar, G Davies; Wyn Jones, Owens, Francis, Ball, Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Wainwright, Navidi, Tipuric.

Replacements: E Dee, Carre, D Lewis, Beard, Moriarty, T Williams, Patchell, Watkin.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Seems like the RWC is really starting properly this weekend.

Now that all the minor teams, like Namibia, Uruguay and Scotland, have had their moments in the sun – it’s time for the big boys.

anagallis_arvensis

You have to say man for man thats much stronger than Wales. AWJ, J Davies and Williams would get in that side, maybe Tipuric and one of our wingers.

Jangling has been turned up to 11!

France
    1. Jefferson Poirot
    2. Guilhem Guirado (capt.)
    3. Rabah Slimani
    4. Bernard Le Roux
    5. Sebastien Vahaamahina
    6. Wenceslas Lauret
    7. Charles Ollivon
    8. Gregorie Alldritt
    9. Antoine Dupont
    10. Romain Ntamack
    11. Yoann Huget
    12. Gael Fickou
    13. Virimi Vakatawa
    14. Damian Penaud
    15. Maxime Medard

16. Camille Chat
    17. Cyril Baille
    18. Emerick Setiano
    19. Paul Gabrillagues
    20. Louis Picamoles
    21. Baptiste Serin
    22. Camille Lopez
    23. Vincent Rattez

gauss1777
    Free Member

My nerves have been jangling all week. The Wales team looks good to me, if that team loses then I don’t think we could have done much better.
    namastebuzz – that’s harsh, but I am quite impressed that what to me appears to be clearly the strongest 8 teams have made it to the QFs. I’m not so sure what the best 4 teams are. I don’t hold out much hope for Ireland and Japan will have to go one step up again, but anything could happen in these games, and they could all be very exciting.
    I have a bad feeling the France team are going to be on fire, but if Wales want to win the whole thing then they need to be able to beat whatever they come up against. Argh, the tension!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

France are shite. Wales know how not to lose. Only one result there.

anagallis_arvensis

France are shite. Wales know how not to lose. Only one result there.

I hope you’re right.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I hope you’re right

France have some talented players but they’re flakey. Plus they’ve got all sorts of strife in the camp.

Wales are settled. Have a game plan and experience of winning together. Can’t see anything other than a Wales win.

The idea of France turning up and being brilliant is now so unlikely that it’s almost passed into the realms of mythology.

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah but the counterpoint is that Wales are a team of battlers who are well coached but with few game changers, few genuine top class players and in the likes of Francis, Wyn Jones, Jake Ball and Parkes the Poach a core of first 15 players who would not make the wider squads of any of the teams in the 1/4’s except from maybe Japan. We also have no actual proper 8 in our entire squad. That Wales have done as well as they have in recent years is done to great coaching and massive work rate.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

. That Wales have done as well as they have in recent years is done to great coaching and massive work rate

Indeed but France have had none of that.

gauss1777
    Free Member

The signs of a good game here. Australia have started brightly. C’mon England.

ElVino

Australia self destruct

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m watching in our local bar in Boltana!

hols2
    Free Member

null

Kryton57

One try from Aus and this is a very different game.  Still very nervous here.  Hooper lifted Billy V – should have had 10.

hols2
    Free Member

One tryTwo tries from Aus and this is a very different game.

ElVino

One try from Aus and this is a very different game.

Game on!

Markie
    Free Member

Oh.

spekkie
    Free Member

And there you go….. 🙁

spekkie
    Free Member

Boom!

theotherjonv

I’m surprised in the most gentlemanly of games, that Sinckler’s opposite number didn’t rush over to pat his head for that try? Or do i misinterpret his earlier congratulation?

bigblackshed

I’m surprised in the most gentlemanly of games

But Australia are playing.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Congratulations England, into the semi-finals!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Oh, that was nice!

martinhutch

And goodnight

spekkie
    Free Member

That was beautiful!

Philby

Amazing performance from England – would never have thought they would put 40 points on the Ozzies.

theotherjonv

forward pass?

{edit – checking – and confirmed….}

martinhutch

Nothing going right for the Aussies. Shame, nice finish.

WillH

I generally struggle to feel sorry for an Aussie sports team, but that was harsh. Koroibete has had a good game, and that sprint was ridiculously fast for the 80th minute.

Kryton57

I’m starting to think this England team is quite a balance of power and skill now.   Awesome game, great game England.   Nothing better than to knock Aus out.  Can’t wait for Cheika’s interview….

spekkie
    Free Member

That was a pleasure to watch.

peteimpreza

Great game of rugby and the better side won convincingly in the end.

In for a great weekend if the other three games live up to that standard.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Wow. Didn’t see that coming.

We played pretty damn well and I’ll take that. Hopefully that’s not our one big performance at the WC.

The Aussies were nuts though trying to play for their 22 all the time.

hols2
    Free Member

Great game of rugby and the better side won convincingly in the end.

Yep, well done England.

anagallis_arvensis

Just stopped for a puncture amd checked score!!!

Bloody hell, well done England.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I generally struggle to feel sorry for an Aussie Fijiian sports team, but that was harsh. Koroibete has had a good game, and that sprint was ridiculously fast for the 80th minute.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.