Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • DanW
    Free Member

I thought he had another minor injury since the concussions, that took him out almost straight away?

It’s fine though… Parkes will ably step in at 10… right? 😂

Kryton57

How long would it take Cips to learn the Welsh anthem? 😀 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When a nation calls, a hero will answer…

anagallis_arvensis

Gav 😛😛😍

I thought he had another minor injury since the concussions,

He may have done but he’s struggled to make a miss firing Scarlets side.

duckman

I am surprised by Jones’s selection of Francis and omission of Spencer. I used to love it when Francis played for Embra, but thats cos I am a Glasgow fan. AA: what’s happened to Priestland then?

anagallis_arvensis

Priestland and Webb are ineligible. Less than 60 caps and play abroad.

tjagain

Sam Davies? Whats happened to him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Three game ban for Barrett. Bakkies Botha has already pointed out it would have been three months if he’d done it!

anagallis_arvensis

Sam Davies? Whats happened to him

Found his level, moved to The Dregs.

tinybits
    Free Member

England RWC squad announced, no real suprises:

I think there is –

Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 1 cap)
    Jack Singleton (Saracens, 1 cap)
    Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby, 5 caps)
    Piers Francis (Northampton Saints, 5 caps)
    Willi Heinz (Gloucester Rugby, 1 cap)
    Ruaridh McConnochie (Bath Rugby, uncapped)

3 players with 1 cap, a couple with 5 and one with no international caps – that’s put Eddies planning for the last few years into perspective!

Bloody shambles.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yes and no. Scrum half situation is a shambles. Francis is a bizarre pick as is McChonnchie.

Singleton…. Well I guess Hartley was expected to be there.

Cokanasiga is picked on form.

Ludlam…. Only the one cap, but again picked on form and the other options with loads of Caps would’ve been Robshaw or Haskell. He’s there in place of Shields, whom has looked bang average whenever he’s played.

tinybits
    Free Member

But it does show that the lack of planning from EJ has created a situation where the 3rd place hooker has 1 cap, the 2nd scrum half has one cap, a big winger with the defensive reactions of a telegraph pole is in and only on the eve of a World Cup, has he started picking on form!

onehundredthidiot

Never really understood players like Cokanasiga, yes they can devastate going forward but people quickly figure out how to shackle them and invariably a ball over their head shows they have the turning circle of a tanker so 15 has to cover the area behind them more. Although it invariably means you either stick 6/7 out to cover them or play an equally big winger.

Is this squad fixed? Can they call on non-squad players say you get two tighthead injuries can you pull in another player at short notice?

sprocker
    Free Member

Cokanasiga weighs 17 stone and runs the 100 in 10.6 apparently, so is likely to create holes in defences no matter who is first up tackling, he can improve his defence and a 15 can cover him.

tinybits
    Free Member

I believe you can call in another player if there is an injury but you can’t then swap them back again. Once you’re out, the tournaments done for you. I suspect a Doc has to sign off on the injury as well to swap currently injured players into squads later in the tournament.

IdleJon

Cokanasiga weighs 17 stone and runs the 100 in 10.6 apparently, so is likely to create holes in defences no matter who is first up tackling, he can improve his defence and a 15 can cover him.

Everybody has big, quick wingers these days. The only difference with Cokanasinga is that it looks like a prop could side-step him. 😂

(100m time is completely irrelevant in rugby these days.)

tjagain

I cannot wait to see Darcy Graham come up against Cokanasiga. David V goliath. I suspect Cokanasiga will try to run thru him but Graham is a very brave and good tackler ( took Basteraud down and then took the ball off him) and when Graham has the ball Cokanasiga will not be able to catch him as he can turn so quickly. should be very funny however it pans out

anagallis_arvensis

Didnt Cokanasiga get done like a kipper by Davies?

anagallis_arvensis

Some put up the vid of Shane stopping Banahanahanahan

gauss1777
    Free Member

Wales name team to face England

Wales: Liam Williams; George North, Jonathan Davies, Hadleigh Parkes, Josh Adams; Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Nicky Smith, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis; Jake Ball, Alun Wyn Jones (C); Aaron Wainwright, James Davies, Ross Moriarty.

Subs: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Dillon Lewis, Aaron Shingler, Josh Navidi, Aled Davies, Jarrod Evans, Owen Watkin.

Thoughts…?

IdleJon

Thoughts…?

They need more back-row forwards. 😁

Tom-B
    Free Member

Moriarty looked bang average last weekend…..any chance they’ll Chuck Navidi in at 8 for the WC?

anagallis_arvensis

Navidi and Moriarty are both flankers our only 8 broke. I think the best backrow would have Moriarty, Navidi and Tips. Positions wouldnt matter.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Jesus Christ, this weekends England 23 features every single lock in the world cup squad…. including one starting at 6. Every single hooker, including Singleton at 20, so providing the only backrow cover.

In addition given our daft squad make up, every half back in the world cup squad is also in the 23.

IdleJon

Moriarty looked bang average last weekend…..any chance they’ll Chuck Navidi in at 8 for the WC?

Im guessing that none of the Welsh* players will be peaking for a couple of ‘friendly’ games against England, preferring instead to hit peak form in about six-eight weeks? 😁

*or any other nation with any sense.

Kryton57

Genge, Cowan-Dickie, Cole

Launchbury, Itoje

Lawes, BillyV, Ludlam

Hienz, Ford, Joe C, Francis, Joseph, McConnochie, Daly.

Bench: George, Marler, Sincks, Kruis Singleton, Youngs, Farrell, Tuilagi.

tjagain

Farrell really that far out of favour? about time.

loum
    Free Member

I cannot wait to see Darcy Graham come up against Cokanasiga. David V goliath.

There’s a lot of results needed to make that happen.
    Sure they’re both good players, but if we’re sat watching those two lining up against each other in a month or two then good luck to them, they’ll have earned it.

Be very interested to see how your mr Darcy does this weekend against France.
    Fella he’s up against, Raka, is uncapped so should be a stroll in the park…
    😏

tjagain

🙂

Its just the idea of one of the smallest players in international rugby against a giant winger. He claims to be 5’9″ and 11st 11lb but no one believes that.

He is a part of our plan to put out an entire back division of midgets to get loads of high tackle pens. I think there is an entire scots back division available none of who is over 5’10”

duckman

James Small( rip) put a lid on Lomu after he had used the entire English back line as doormats. Despite the claims of poisoning he did it 3 times. I don’t think Cocawhatever is fit to lace McConnachies boots. ( cracking English name btw…)

tjagain

Scotland team
    15. Stuart Hogg VICE CAPTAIN (Exeter Chiefs) – 67 caps

14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh) – 4 caps
    13. Huw Jones (Glasgow Warriors) – 21 caps
    12. Duncan Taylor (Saracens) – 21 caps
    11. Byron McGuigan (Sale Sharks) – 8 caps

10. Adam Hastings (Glasgow Warriors) – 11 caps
    9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 24 caps

1. Jamie Bhatti (Edinburgh) – 13 caps
    2. Stuart McInally CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 27 caps
    3. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh) – 19 caps
    4. Ben Toolis (Edinburgh) – 18 caps
    5. Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh) – 33 caps
    6. John Barclay VICE CAPTAIN (Edinburgh) – 71 caps
    7. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh) – 10 caps
    8. Josh Strauss (Blue Bulls) – 22 caps

Substitutes
    16. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) – 5 caps
    17. Gordon Reid (Ayrshire Bulls) – 34 caps
    18. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps
    19. Scott Cummings (Glasgow Warriors) – uncapped
    20. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 3 caps
    21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) – 4 caps
    22. Rory Hutchinson (Northampton Saints) – uncapped
    23. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh) – 11 caps

Looks tome to be a lot of possibles playing for a place in that lot

BruceWee

Interesting that he’s got Edinburgh forwards starting and Glasgow forwards on the bench. Wonder if that’s intentional or just the way things have shaken out.

mrhoppy

Taking Hoppy jr to his first match at the millennium to see us play Ireland, could end up watching us get humped but hey ho and it means I can go too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Coles doing the full WWE smack down for his yellow card there.

anagallis_arvensis

Go9d luck to all the players lets just hope for no more injuries!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Go9d luck to all the players lets just hope for no more injuries!!

Indeed. Also hoping for an exciting game. I fear anything could happen.

anagallis_arvensis

My man love for Wainright is growing!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

North has been looking sharp today. 😁

gauss1777
    Free Member

From the look on Ken Owens face at the try, I couldn’t tell if he was pleased they’d scored or disappointed he hadn’t been the one to catch the cross field ball 😁

gauss1777
    Free Member

I still don’t know who is going to win.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.