Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,576 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • duckman

Pity about Howley, as a Scot I was dead keen on him taking over as head coach. Seriously though; I hope he gets help, gambling is a shite, family destroying addiction. And when it gets to the stage it could cost him his job but he still punts…

anagallis_arvensis

as a Scot I was dead keen on him taking over as head coach.

Pivac has the job already, were rumours Italy were looking at him.

DanW
    Free Member

So, who has it in for Howley so much so to get everything to happen at this kind of timing?

Sound pretty sh.. situation for all involved but you suspect Wales will be better off with Jones coming in in terms of what happens on the pitch

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Judging by how few tries Wales have been scoring lately surely Howley going home has to be seen as a bonus?

DanW
    Free Member

Short term Biggar is apparently in charge of attack during training so not much will change! 😉 Jones has a heck of a task on his hands when he arrives and it is an incredibly tough situation for him to drop in to

5plusn8
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware that Howley was seen as a problem but I always think these things like some kind of adversity will play into welsh hearts and will only make them more determined. I see us getting knocked out by them at the 1/4 as much more likely.. ~
    I would prefer welsh preparations to be perfect and for the team sheet to be perfect. They always seem to drop the ball when that happens.

hels
    Free Member

I love this stuff about adversity making teams better – like when The Hurricanes got so good at playing with 14 men….

Stoner
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

BB at 15 for NZ v SA.
    Pocock and Hooper in backrow for Aus V Fiji. Fiji look strong, I’m now worried!!

tjagain

So you should be AA

I think there are several “minnows” who might well embarrass some of the bigger teams. I fear for us against Japan. Fiji could well come good – conditions similar to those they are used to at home and time together will help them a lot and they have some great players.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think there are several “minnows” who might well embarrass some of the bigger teams

Scotland?

😉

tjagain

CFH you swine!

I really was meaning teams seeded 3rd or lower.

anyone who is surprised by anything scotland do has not been watching much rugby recently. We are the new France – expect the unexpected! ( are France the new Scotland? )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😁

Also…

tjagain

Brilliant – I shall get that printed up and plastered around the house!

anagallis_arvensis

England team v Tonga: Daly; Watson, Tuilagi, Farrell (c), May; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Lawes, Itoje, Curry, Underhill, Vunipola

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Cole, Kruis, Ludlam, Heinz, Slade, Joseph

Looks strong

robbo1234biking

Why has Eddie Jones gone with Ford and Farrell again! Would have been much better with Slade and Tualiagi in the centre. I would start Ford and then bring on Farrell to close the game out later on. Especially as you have Elliot Daly there as a longer range goal kicker!

duckman

Christ…article in the Times about how revisiting sport can help dementia sufferers. “ For England fans it might involve dusting off the memories of johnnys Drop goal to win the WC in 2003. For supporters of other home nations it could be digging out clips of victories over England.” Remind me again; we are all just jealous of England, there isn’t any other reason why people are ABE….

hels
    Free Member

Ok so I am getting wound up already – why do media people have so much trouble pronouncing the word Tonga ? I understand with all the Polynesian names – Fijian names have invisible as well as un-sounded consonants so that is for the advanced class – but at least have the respect to get the countries right !! (Although it does amuse me when the English commentators mispronounce Tuilagi so maybe all is not lost)

anagallis_arvensis

Ok so I am getting wound up already – why do media people have so much trouble pronouncing the word Tonga

Maybe its because people just act smug and offended and dont tell them the correct way?

Lets hope Sean Kelly isnt involved in ITV’s coverage!!!

hels
    Free Member

I have tried shouting at the TV – it doesn’t answer back – does it talk directly to you ?? Wow that must make watching Rugby so much more interesting.

anagallis_arvensis

😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😁😁😁

Hope they got well paid!!

anagallis_arvensis

does it talk directly to you ??

Of course, I thought everyone had this power!

Kryton57

I like that.  I like that a country er money gets behind a national team.

I’m like the V Tonga team.   I think Eddie wants through what’s effectively a first away game and some RWC nerves with a big score to settle and boost confidence, perhaps even make a statement.  He’s set his stall out in the press, according to Eddie he has everything he wants from the team and they are perhaps the best prepared team in the competition.

Lets see if England lives up to the hype.  Opening ceremony starts in a coupe of hours – here we go!

Pigface
    Free Member

Excited, go Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 no great expectations just a good showing will suffice

Anyone for the win bar england

What are the odds for a Kiwi threepeat

Ro5ey
    Free Member

OH …. that vid has got me double excited.

I’ve posted it onto our U9s whatsapp group, asking the parents to show it to their boys before early practise Sunday morning (9:30 start so we are finished in time for the game) It’s our third week of tackling practise and the boys, 30+ of them, are loving it.

Kryton57

This is what I don’t like.   Just be happy for the winners whoever they are and enjoy the competition – no need to add spite to it.   We’re all supporting our countries and beyond that, Rugby as a sport.

Kryton57

I’ve posted it onto our U9s whatsapp group, asking the parents to show it to their boys before early practise Sunday morning

Ha Ha!  My son experience this last night in U11.   I didn’t go but Mrs K said they were smashing the tackles in practise 😀

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I have to say, there seems to be a few surprise omissions as Japan announces their Rugby World Cup squad…

1 朣楢琴执执
    2 瑩浻牡楧硰执
    3 执獧浻牡楧
    4 敬瑦 瀰絸朣杢
    5 执獧扻捡杫
    6 潲湵 潣潬
    7 昣昸昸慢正
    9 敷止瑩札慲楤
    10 湥楬敮牡氬晥
    11 瑦戠瑯潴牦
    12 浯潴 捥捥浩条
    13 洭穯氭湩慥牧
    14 摡敩瑮琨灯捥
    15 捥捥 慢正
    16 牧畯摮椭慭敧
    17 獭氭湩慥牧摡
    18 敩瑮琨灯
    19 捥捥捥慢正
    20 牧畯摮椭慭
    21 敧楬敮牡 札散散汩
    22 整 牰杯瀻
    23 獯瑩潩敲慬

Kryton57

No 8! ^^. Yes thats brave.

Pigface
    Free Member

This is what I don’t like

😂😂😂😂😂😂

anagallis_arvensis

This is what I don’t like

Nevermind!!

IdleJon

Just be happy for the winners whoever they are and enjoy the competition – no need to add spite to it.

You shouldn’t have invaded us a thousand years ago then, you bloody Norman upstarts with your big noses and pink cheeks! 😁

I’m not excited yet – can’t get overly interested in Japan v Russia.* Tomorrow, though….

*bound to be a grudge match after what happened in 1911. 😂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I like the Japan shirts.

Robotic !!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

That lad will be carrying out Harrikari after the match…. shocker

Kryton57

big noses and pink cheeks

Not me, I’m of Viking descent, grrr… 😉

gauss1777
    Free Member

Well that was fun. Home nation win is good and Russia can more than hold their heads up high. Not too much for Scotland or Ireland to fear from either team me thinks.
    A long time now until tomorrow come on Fiji ; )

BruceWee

This is what I don’t like. Just be happy for the winners whoever they are and enjoy the competition – no need to add spite to it. We’re all supporting our countries and beyond that, Rugby as a sport.

Put a muzzle on your pish talking press and pundits (or at least stop broadcasting them into our country) and we’ll think about it.

Until then, ABE!

gauss1777
    Free Member

This is what I don’t like. Just be happy for the winners whoever they are and enjoy the competition – no need to add spite to it. We’re all supporting our countries and beyond that, Rugby as a sport.

Put a muzzle on your pish talking press and pundits (or at least stop broadcasting them into our country) and we’ll think about it.

It is an interesting dilemma. I’d happily see England win, if Wales don’t; although not if they were the team that had beaten Wales. However, as BruceWee says their press and pundits are intolerable with a large number of them either having England as favourites, or already planning World Cup winning parties. That said, they are not alone in this. New Zealand and Ireland spring to mind. It would be great if Scotland won, but I cannot imagine how many times Tj would remind us ; )

Ha, just looked up ABE.

hols2
    Free Member

Not too much for Scotland or Ireland to fear from either team me thinks.

Ask a South African how that assumption worked out last time.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Not too much for Scotland or Ireland to fear from either team me thinks.

Ask a South African how that assumption worked out last time.

Ah, I hear what you’re saying, but whilst Scotland must not be complacent if they play to their strengths they should beat Japan fairly comfortably imho. I cannot see Japan beating Ireland even if they have a relatively bad day.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 2,576 total)

The topic ‘Rugby World Cup Thread 2019’ is closed to new replies.