Rugby World Cup Thread 2019

Viewing 22 posts - 401 through 422 (of 422 total)
  • Rugby World Cup Thread 2019
  • If you have a ‘VIP Box Live’ footage can be yours…

JFGI…

(Just keep your AV updated and kill any pop ups.)

5plusn8

My experience with those things is that they are crap…
    I will try it though, any port in a storm.
    It’s that or the pub, however after 06:30 am brekky and pint deals in the 2011 RWC, I am a bit wary. These lead my whole street to brand me an alcoholic when I rolled home at 11:30 am utterly minced after seeing all three of that days games.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

“I dont want to distract from the RWC but…”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49666971

Lol

Premier Icon duckman
    Subscriber

I almost wish the WC was over so I can hear about his tete a tete with Teo. I not sure who I would want to win that one….Maybe Brown if he also ends up with a burst mouth. Actually no: a VERY hard fought draw.

Gareth Thomas HIV + sad news

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

It is, but much worse is the reason hes had to make it public- he was blackmailed into doing so.  I hope the arseholes involved get a karma related comeuppance.

Still hes reduced it to practically benign with meds.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

It is, but much worse is the reason hes had to make it public- he was blackmailed into doing so.  I hope the arseholes involved get a karma related comeuppance.

Really? That’s awful. But if he’s announced it himself, why does it have to be karma, is blackmail not a crime?

I guess it may have been some tabloid wanting a scoop, not sure.

Anyway:

project

Well done to him and his Husband for going public, shame on the pathetic scumbags who tried blackmailing him to get cash out of him,what must be going through the cess pit of their minds.

HIV shouldnt be seen as some sort of blackmail issue, but an illness like cancer or heart disease etc,best wishes to him and any person living with HIV on here.

So back to rugby, what is your current best 15? Wales have been very settled over recent years but currently 1, 4, a home for Navidi, 9 and 10 are open to debate v Georgia I’d go with

Smith
    Owens
    Francis
    Ball
    AWJ
    Wainwright
    Tips
    Moriarty
    T Williams
    Patchel
    Adams
    Parkes
    Davies
    North
    L Williams

Although very worried about Smith at Scrum time so Wynn Jones may get the nod.

tjagain

Farrell is learning to tackle properly – interesting that the two incidents last year that he got away with world rugby says should have been yellows
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/sep/15/owen-farrell-no-arms-tackles

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

last year

<yawn>

tjagain

Best 15? well we have the best names 🙂 No necessarily our best side but close to what the toonbola will throw up is my guess

VeePee, Rambo, Shreck
    Ickle Jonny, half man half mullet
    Barcs, Mish, Batman
    Frodo
    Dancer
    No Maits, Sam Johnson ( no nickname), Beaker, Mr Darcy
    Didier Hoggba

Or in english

Nel, McInally, Reid
    J. Gray, Cummings
    Barclay, Watson, Wilson
    Laidlaw
    Russell
    Maitland, Johnson. Taylor, Graham
    HOgg

tjagain

More injury news – Dave Denton has had to retire from all rugby following a concussion

Thats a real shame, game needs changing imo.

tjagain

on concussion – the new guidance about high tackles has reduced the head injuries to tackled player – its now the tackler that gets most head injuries.

tjagain

So what games are you looking forward to? I think the scotland / japan game could be great for the neutrals – two attacking high paced sides and it will likely decide who goes thru – and the final game of the group stages. One to watch for sure.

gauss1777

So what games are you looking forward to?

So many. Really looking forward to Japan v Russia as it’s the first game and it will be interesting to see how much flair Japan have. NZ v SA. England v France and Scotland v Japan.
    I’m too pessimistic to be looking forward to Wales v Australia, where Australia are favourites for me – if (big if) Wales were to win that game comfortably, then I could start to dream.
    I’m looking forward to Scotland beating SA and Ireland beating NZ.
    I would never have guessed how exciting the Japan v SA game would be at the last World Cup, so I’m hoping for some equally entertaining games this time – just not Wales v Fiji please!

I’d love to see Scotland beat Ireland, that will really make that group exciting as its the most open.

gauss1777

I’d love to see Scotland beat Ireland, that will really make that group exciting as its the most open.

Agreed, and they just might. Ireland looked very good against Wales, how do Scotland get past them? Hamish Watson bouncing off tackles like a pinball? A bit of Russell magic? A problem I see is that Scotland can only win that game if they play like they did in the second half against England (and to an extent Wales), but they threw all caution to the wind as they were so far behind – can they play like that in a more controlled way?

tjagain

can they play like that in a more controlled way?

This is Russells chance to shine. If he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as the greats like Carter and Sexton then he needs to be able to show control – and he has shown signs of being able to do so. this is his opportunity to show he is a great – will he take it?

Ireland is going to be a big ask especially as the forecast is for rain. Scotland are not good without the ball and Ireland are ball hogs! Our best chance is if they give us loads of counter ball with poor kicking and that we stop dropping the ruddy ball!

Viewing 22 posts - 401 through 422 (of 422 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.