Viewing 40 posts - 3,041 through 3,080 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • creamegg
    Free Member

the score isnt missleading at all. Irelend didt kick for goal when they should of done in the first half. Wales solid defence and played well when they had the ball. Score reflects how they played i think!

maxray
    Free Member

Fair play dd, very honourable in defeat! Enjoy your holiday 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One last glitchy bumpy ****.

brakes
    Free Member

best try IMO

Markie
    Free Member

A couple more bottles of Pinot noir, that’s the new Wales!

duckman

Cracking game, Have to say the Welsh, against SA without a kicker, NZ without Carter….can dare to dream…Well done in defeat DD, be interesting to see if the English can do anything to suggest they can live with this Welsh team, who have improved hugely as the tournament has progressed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hope nobody minds if I re-post this at the top of this page in case anyone thinks I’m bitter and quiet 🙂

Could Ireland have been a bit more innovative with their tactics?

TBH, I can’t see what they could have changed. It was game-over for me when they went in 10-3 down at half time. With all that ball and possession in the first half, they should have gone in ahead. Wales were simply too strong in defence and took three great chances when presented – that’s where the difference lay today.

Proper game of rugby. Pity one of us had to go out.

Sorry, I have to go quiet for the rest of the day lads. I’m off on holiday for the week thankfully, to somewhere I can forget about rugby for a while. I’ll be cheering Wales on next week though – they’re mrs deadly’s team. I’m a bit gutted (for some of the green machine that won’t see another RWC) but like I said, no complaints whatsoever – Wales were awesome today. And given the ferocious defences, there was no ill discipline, nothing for anyone to whinge about for the next few days. Just a great advert for our two nations’ rugby.

Cymru am Byth

(or whatever it is you say)

:mrgreen:

Houns

Shame, I secretly fancied Ireland to reach the final

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bugger me what a game! Missed the last try ‘cos of a pressing engagement with last night’s curry 😳 🙁

Wales in a WC Final then? I really can’t see France beating them on this form and at the moment i can’t see England beating France next!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tip of the hat in Darcy’s direction.

Naranjada
    Free Member

I really wanted to see Ireland push on but that Welsh squad is something else …a very well deserved and proud win.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sorry for you DD but at least your lads went out trying to the very end. Bet i can’t say that for England in 2 hrs 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

I will take that bet, kind sir!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Nah, i can’t see England winning today. Don’t know why but i’ve a sense of resignation about this..

BlindMelon
    Free Member

A very big well done to Wales from this very dissappointed Irish fan. Wales were better in almost every aspect of the game and deserve their victory.

I was very disappointed with Ireland, I got the impression that some of the players felt like they just had to turn up. Our error count cost us badly, but not to take it away from Wales they were awesome particularly in defense.

I hope Wales go on to do well in the rest of the RWC, they will have plenty of support from Ireland thats for sure.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, i can’t see England winning today. Don’t know why but i’ve a sense of resignation about this..

So far I am 50% correct in my predictions…..scores are off though, but I am confident England can grind out an unattractive win.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*puts manly arm around BlindMelon’s shoulder*

Pint? 🙁

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Now that’s a good idea DD!

Should i crack open the Bombardier i wonder?

creamegg
    Free Member

not sure if the solid defence will be enough against the likes of NZ though but who knows

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

not sure if the solid defence will be enough against the likes of NZ though but who knows

I think Wales fans should enjoy that fantastic victory for what it is today – and worry about stuff like that tomorrow. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it time to talk about McCaw’s injury?

Or is it time to sing some hymns and arias!

donsimon
    Free Member

It didn’t do too badly against South Africa and I wager we’re carrying a bit more confidence now…

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan DD! Guinness of course

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Melon, have some Brains, bach!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had a mosy beautiful few pints of Ossian last night – Scotchish golden ale – wonderful stuff.

But yes, if they served Brains wherever I am today, I’d raise a glass to the Welsh contingent here – enjoy your day lads. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I now have to support England. Would far rather meet them than France next!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

One bottle of Bombardier Burning Gold in front of me, sod the rest of the day! 😆

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Rather attrective blonde lady in the choir, best i can say about this bloody anthem!

creamegg
    Free Member

@ Captainflashheart… and it would be far more enjoyable to take England out of the tournament! (although id rather lose to france if we were to lose)

zokes
    Free Member

Found a case of Moorhouse’s Black Cat here in South Australia yesterday. I think I’ll start making my way through that now 🙂

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Aussies in stocking decent beer shock!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

France definitely ahead on national anthems so far.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not really bothered who we get in the semis, it’ll take a good team to beat us.

zokes
    Free Member

Aussies in stocking decent beer shock!

Taken me 18 months to find it, and nearly that long to save up for it 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zokes, can you recommend any nice and expensive tittybars restaurants in Sydney? 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL CFH!!!

Not sure about nice, but they’ll all be expensive!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Both teams looking not bad – nice to see the French have turned up for this game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s OK. I won’t be paying!

🙂

zokes
    Free Member

@ CFH – yes, I remembered your bet – probably a good job! Only been to Sydders once though, and sadly I had little time for sight-seeing 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Spidercam. Best thing to happen to rugby coverage.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,041 through 3,080 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.