Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • theotherjonv

very impressive but can they do this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/47840196

anagallis_arvensis

Chabal?

blah

tjagain

Arrggghhhh – edinburgh rugby. If they had a brain cell it would be lonely!
    Penalty in the corner, Scarlets hooker get yellow carded. Less than 5 m out – go for the kick at goal and miss.
    I think Cockers might be cross

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tjagain

I take back everything I said. They make Hawkins, Einstein and Cox look look like dimwits!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Watch as he bamboozles an entire england side and shows Farrell up for the donkey he is

I’ll buy that for a dollar!

During the 6N Peter Stringer commented that Farrell was England’s “Weakest Link”. This attracted some derision but I think he was totally spot on.

tjagain

I have said it for ages. Fine when things are going well. Liability when not and in both games totally outplayed by Russell the flake.

tjagain

Intersting point from the last two games. Edinburgh playing Darcy Graham at FB – he is a shortarse, inexperienced and has never played FB as a pro. Why did they not bomb him all game?
    He is my new man crush – or would be if he didn’t have a dickhead haircut

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Christian Wade has made it on to the Buffalo Bills practice squad. One step nearer the NFL.

Wade will be part of the International Player Pathway Program this season, which allows the four franchises in the AFC East to carry an extra player on their practice squads, as long as they are international players from abroad. As the 11th member of the practice squads, they are ineligible to be activated during this season and moved onto the franchises’ regular 53-man rosters.

Still a steep learning curve for the guy but good luck to him. I heard him interviewed in a Radio5 show and he was very down to earth. Not bitter, in the slightest, about being constantly snubbed by England and incredibly positive about following his own ambitions.

(Just a shame he’s not playing rugby any more)

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Scott Baldwin – not really the brightest is he?

tjagain

Talking about Wade – can you name one person who has represented his country at three different codes of football?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

can you name one person who has represented his country at three different codes of football?

I can’t.

I’m guessing League, Union and Soccer? Other combos with Aussie Rules, Gaelic or American football wouldn’t work coz they don’t really have internationals.

loum
    Free Member

Folau ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gaelic

They play an international series between Ireland and Australia every few years. There was one game of Gaelic, one of Aussie and one combined. Not sure what they do these days. Used to be absolute carnage. 😂

loum
    Free Member

Sony Bill has League, Union, and sevens caps and wba and national heavyweight boxing titles .

And Brad Thorn is

Scamper
    Free Member

Good win for Glaws this weekend, but picked up a few injuries. I make that 5 out of 6 with an irritating loss to Bristol. Hope for a home win against Bath next up, and that is more or less a top four confirmed.

Anyway, lets get back to talking about the welsh grand slam.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There was one game of Gaelic, one of Aussie and one combined

anagallis_arvensis

Talking about Wade – can you name one person who has represented his country at three different codes of football?

No, but Jeff Wilson played rugby and cricket for NZ

namastebuzz
    Free Member

CB Fry played cricket and football for England as well as being world record holder for the long jump. He missed out on playing rugby for England as he didn’t play in the trial.

He also missed the chance of a medal in the 1896 Olympics because he “didn’t know it was on.”

tjagain

I thought I had better check !

Gary Parker played both rugby and soccer for Scotland ( one at schoolboy level)- I thought he was also a kicker for the Scottish claymores in American football but upon checking that was Garry Parker – a different chap. I always thought it the same person. doh!

Gavin Hastings also played for the Claymores for one season. The american football counts as =internationals !

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Big Gav didn’t play for the Claymores. He came out for a bit of PR stuff but that was it.

He was never on the roster. (I worked for the Claymores in their first season)

tjagain

He was their kicker for a season.

Yes, believe it or not, the Scotland and British and Irish Lions legend Gavin Hastings played for one season with NFL Europe team, the Scottish Claymores.

He played for one season in 1996-97 and was the placekicker for the team. In his one season as an American Football player, Hastings managed 24 out of 27 conversions – which is a pretty decent record.”

Players who played both American Football and Rugby

IdleJon

Scott Baldwin – not really the brightest is he?

That happened two years ago, didn’t it?

mefty
    Free Member

No, but Jeff Wilson played rugby and cricket for NZ

The last English dual interantional was MJK Smith, my father played football with Clive van Ryneveld who represented SA at cricket but England at football.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

He was their kicker for a season.

I stand corrected.

It’s not often I’m right but I’m wrong this time…..

peteimpreza

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47893542

Yes looks like he will be sacked.

scaredypants

Awww, man – can’t we even fornicate drunkenly any longer ?

tjagain

Sarries in trouble again over creative accounting to get round the salary cap.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47889182

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Awww, man – can’t we even fornicate drunkenly any longer ?

No, you can.

It’s just that you’ll go to hell after.

5plusn8
    Free Member
    5plusn8
    Free Member

I actually thought this was an April fool when I read it or a Daily Mash headline.

tjagain

Anyone else think Falau may be having mental health difficulties? It was obvious what the repercussions of this tweet would be

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone else think Falau may be having mental health difficulties

Maybe or maybe he wants out of his contract to cash in a big move to France or something?

BruceWee

Nope, I just think he’s a Christian.

So yes.

jca

tjagain

Ruddy Irish. Its a conspiracy! leinster first now Munster doing their best to throw games against Treviso to keep the mighty Edinburgh out of the playoffs!

I am so angry I could drink a latte!

ElVino

Sarries make a complete joke of the salary cap, no way they could assemble a squad like that without some creative side arrangements. Everyone has know it for years. It was brushed under the carpet the last time. And to those who think it doesn’t affect you it is the reason they can add players like Rhys Carre and Eliot Daly without batting an eyelid.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Scrum half situation now is the worst case scenario of what could’ve happened based on selection policy during Eddie Jones’ tenure. I’m all for stability and consistency, but whom are we playing at 9 over the summer now? Spencer? He’s getting married in the summer so will possibly missing a few camps, Robson and Young’s possibly out, Care out of favour…..not looking good!

anagallis_arvensis

Rhys Carre and Eliot Daly

Not sure their pay slips will be be anything like similar!!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.