Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

I think it’s the ref that doesn’t want Eng to win. Some of his decisions are very puzzling

gauss1777
    Free Member

I think it’s the ref that doesn’t want Eng to win. Some of his decisions are very puzzling

No. 1 ref in the World I heard.

anagallis_arvensis

I do!

Ok, no one important!!!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well he can’t ref a scrum

onehundredthidiot

The mail ruck is a mess in the modern game. A return to the good old days of rucking the body out would quicken the ball.

olddog

I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating – the Welsh defence is immense

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Navidi excellent, ref one sided, Sexton poor.

theotherjonv

Ireland have been absolutely shit so far, crap decisions, giving the ref opportunity to give marginal penalties, crappy execution (free kick 10 yards out becomes a scrum against)

[edit] and that KO just seals it

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Oh FFS, this is woeful from Ireland

anagallis_arvensis

Looks like Gareth Davies could win a grand slam and get a boll8cking from Gatland!!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ok, no one important!!!

****t! 😂

Finally get into the 22 and Sexton chucks the ball into touch. It’s hard to believe that this is the team who beat the AB’s.

dantsw13

Ireland look absolutely clueless. It’s almost like Wales have an agreement with them “Let us have it this year and we’ll let you win it in Dublin next year”

Bear
    Free Member

Very poor Ireland but a very good Wales. They look like a team that have that inner belief and strength. They’ve made more correct decisions at crucial times than any other team.

I’m pleased for Gatland as he’s been outstanding for Wales.

I still don’t like the ABE attitude but I’m not sure the players are that bad.

AWJ is one of the all time greats.

Kryton57

Ireland defeated England after all . Wales don’t need to be a good team today .

Ref is aweful .

I’ve had a shit day all day, and on that basis I’m tempted to rush down to the bookies and stick some money on Scotland .

gauss1777
    Free Member

A big thank you to Scotland for the defence practise last week 😏

anagallis_arvensis

Wales don’t need to be a good team today .

Oh do grow up Wales have been excellent!!

dantsw13

To be fair to Ireland when the ref pings every time you touch the ball it’s bloody tough.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m pleased for Gatland as he’s been outstanding for Wales.

And the Lions, one of the greats tbf

onehundredthidiot

Terrible reffing. What a mess. Irish drive called to use it before anything happened.

dantsw13

Wales have played exactly as they’ve needed to. Once 7-0 up in 1 minute, they’ve squeezed Ireland & waited. Ireland have obliged in fine style!

Kryton57

Oh do grow up Wales have been excellent!!

Calm down dear and read what you quoted . I didn’t say the weren’t, I said they didn’t need to be .

Bear
    Free Member

AA we’ve disagreed before but yes Gatland is with AWJ and Sam. And I’ll agree Wales have been very good they’ve not let Ireland play and did a great job on England who have steamrollered everyone else. Enjoy today!

anagallis_arvensis

Calm down dear

Very calm thanks being 25 nil up with 10 to go will do that!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear.

Haven’t been able to watch today, but I reckon I can delete the recording when I get home, following on Twitter. 😂

Would have been nice to at least see them giving wales a wee bit of a fright but sounds like they’ve saved their worst performance till last. Ah well, arse biscuits! Thoroughly deserved GS for Wales. As much as I haven’t a lot of time for Gatland, it’s a fitting send off for him.

EDIT: Not for Joe though. 😀

onehundredthidiot

Well done Wales. Both teams had the same poor ref. Looks like the roof played a part. You need quick easy handling ball to get round that fantastic Welsh defence.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Very well done to Wales, well deserved. But my goodness what has happened to Ireland since the autumn? Such a turn around

Caher

Oh well. Well done Wales. Off on my bike to cry my eyes out.

Pigface
    Free Member

GRAnd Slam 👍👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️❤️❤️❤️💋

Bear
    Free Member

The only thing I can’t work out is how Navidi didn’t get MOM.

IdleJon

Imagine how crap Ireland would have been with the roof closed. 😂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Christ knows BM – definitely a case to be made for peaking against the ABs – and losing form since but I’m not sure how that stuff happens. It’s the same personnel – just have to hope Joe can get them back on an upwards trajectory headed for the RWC. Murray and Sexton looked like the best half back pairing in the world a few months ago (granted Murray didn’t play against the ABs) but have both looked poor since. The

mindmap3
    Free Member

Well done to Wales. They played the ref / conditions / opposition perfectly despite the reshuffle loosing North early on. The atmosphere sounded incredible. Nice place to be in a WC year. The did a sterling job of strangling Ireland and building a huge amount of pressure from one minute into the game.

Ireland were absolute bobbins today. They were poor in their opening game yet managed to be even worse today. Sexton and Murray are in woeful form and unable to drag the team through tough period s in a game. They were lucky to get that try at the death.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And with that, I think Wales bump Ireland into third in the rankings don’t they? Ooof. Third is quite flattering after that 6N. 😀

dantsw13

Wales GS is a tremendous achievement. From an Ireland POV, Nobody wins the RWC in March. I would wager that every coach would swap a 6N title for a chance to win the World Cup though. Like England last year, Ireland haven’t become an awful team, just a little off their best, which against top teams will cost you.

tjagain

dantsw13

I’m struggling to understand how the amazing form of the Irish & Scots reams in Europe this year has completely failed to roll over to the national teams. Ok, Scotland have injuries, but I’m struggling to find an excuse for Ireland.

tjagain

Great achievement to win the GS. Ireland looked poor today but Wales hardly made a mistake.

dantsw13

TJ – I’m hoping thatScotland can click and play at that fast pace this afternoon. It will make for an amazing game if they do in an otherwise dead rubber – if Eng v Sco can ever be that!

DanW
    Free Member

Did not see that coming at all! Two key Parkes moments early on really rattled Ireland and set the tone. Ireland were made to look bobbins today with the subtleties of the Welsh game buying them time around the tackle and keeping constant pressure on. If I were Irish I would be very unhappy with the ref but it was just another nail in the coffin for them rather than the key thing. Wales have been immense at not letting up which is very uncharacteristic of them! They’ve found a formula for NH teams and conditions and now they need to adapt to the upcoming RWC which is a different ball game. I really like the small touches like letting Anscombe keep the kicking duties and take a kick many doubted he would nail. Lots of similar things like that will do no end of good for individuals’ confidence and you’ve got to give Gatland an co massive credit for the development of players.

anagallis_arvensis

My mate can get a new dog now to replace Alfie who passed away. Alun will join Ryan and Sam!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.