Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • anagallis_arvensis

But forward passes should be looked at, ours included

Yeah, it looked on first watch that Russells pass in the try move was forward too.

it looks like Cokanasinga is a disastrous defender.

George Northesque in his ball watching, bit handy going forward though. Te’o’s selection still a mystery.

anagallis_arvensis

England do, flat track bully so well dont they!!

Kryton57

To be fair, the Italians played the Welsh game – continued one out Rugby until the England players were drawn in and allowed the score.  That needs to be looked at.

England still need to sort out the second half as well, went a bit quiet again.

However, tactics and reaction seemed a little better.

tinybits
    Free Member

I didn’t notice Cok do a lot wrong defensively.
    Te’o has no place / reason to be in the side that I can see. Ok, you give him the ball at pace he’ll knock the defence back a few meters, but he’s just as likely to over run, knock on or basically, not be in the right place at all. He’s in no way bettter than havin Slade, JJ, Faz or my Nan in the centres!

I agree with the post match though, there’s nothing from Italy anymore, I don’t expect them to win but where’s the passion gone?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Another waste of time playing Italy. I preferred the 5N TBH.

They should invite a combined PI team instead – and give them a fair share of the revenue.

England should have experimented with some combos. They’ve learned very little. Chances should have been taken to try out match scenarios. For example, when they were awarded that penalty under the posts they should have taken a scrum and said- “Right, it’s the All Blacks in the RWC and we need a try here to win the game.”

BUt no, kick the three points when we were already out of sight on the scoreboard.

Cokanasiga getting man of the match and Tuilagi running over a bunch of people? Great – but they were Italians getting run over. It’s like beating Italy in a war – it doesn’t really count.

anagallis_arvensis

I didn’t notice Cok do a lot wrong defensively

Watch Italy’s first try.

onehundredthidiot

As above don’t understand why it wasn’t swap over to give a half, at least, to “second string” at least Scotland are getting experience of playing with inconsistent line up.

gauss1777
    Free Member

It’s like beating Italy in a war – it doesn’t really count.

🙄

And I thought sport was supposed to bring people together.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’d just like to point out, that according to my maths, England have won the Six Nations with a game to spare.

Women’s Six Nations Table

onehundredthidiot

No because its triple crown then grand slam or nowt. The fact you can lose a game but beat a team that wins every game shows something is woefully wrong.

anagallis_arvensis

The fact you can lose a game but beat a team that wins every game shows something is woefully wrong.

You cant, if Wales win next week they get 3 bonus points and win the six nations.

I dont think we will though Ireland will exploit our lineout weakness.

burko73

What’s gone wrong with the line Out? We were up there at someth8ng like 85% a year or so ago, now 60% or something.

What’s the issue, why so hard to resolve.

I remember it being likey that wales would steal opposition ball at line outs.

Now I have to hide behind the sofa if it’s our throw…

anagallis_arvensis

We were up there at someth8ng like 85% a year or so ago, now 60% or something.

No Shingler or Faletau, they were the main lineout jumpers.

anagallis_arvensis

Well that was shit. Big game next week. Ireland stronger but Wales have hope. Could be the last 6 nations game for a few greats like AWJ and Best.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If we’re talking about relegation from the 6N, France should be first over the edge.

Dreadful.

joelowden

France looked clueless…

mindmap3
    Free Member

Andy Farrell supposedly trying to get Alex King into his coaching team to coach the attack side of things. Will be interesting to see if he can lure him away from French rugby.

Ireland seemed to do what was needed today from the bits I saw. Neither team looked great. It’s looking more and more like Wales will do the grand slam.

anagallis_arvensis

I still think the poor welsh lineout will cost them v ireland

nickjb
    Free Member

Should be an interesting final weekend which is good. 3 still in it. Anyone on either side confident in the Wales/Ireland game? Bookies have it about 50/50. Scotland perfectly capable of ruining an English party if Ireland win.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Should be an interesting final weekend which is good. 3 still in it. Anyone on either side confident in the Wales/Ireland game? Bookies have it about 50/50. Scotland perfectly capable of ruining an English party if Ireland win.

Next weekend should indeed be interesting. For some reason this weekend has been a bit of a damp squib. Wales v Ireland could easily go either way imho and 50:50 is about right. I don’t see that Ireland can win the competition though, not likely they’ll get a bonus point win. However, there is no chance that Scotland will beat England; they may stop England winning a bonus point, but not a hope they’ll win.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gatland and Edwards will have been licking their lips looking at that. They’ll be happy to let Ireland have the ball and keep bashing all day at what has been the most composed defence in the 6N this year. They’ll turn transitions and counters into points. Ireland have been poor at defending lost possession – really only doing it reasonably against France – who are shambolic this year. They also left 3 or 4 tries out there today against a side that managed to hold up its own try (though the ref and TMO differ with me on that one of course). At least they managed to get players off safely with a good chunk of the game left. No way should Wales be losing that game.

anagallis_arvensis

3 still in it

Nah, one team is still in IT, the others could just win.

No way should Wales be losing that game.

I admit I’ll be disappointed if we dont win, but its a 50:50 game really.

I hope Kearneys calf improves, I dont want us facing Lamour.
    Loopy Liam looks doubtful for use judging by how he went off.

Kryton57

Gatland and Edwards will have been licking their lips looking at that.

There was a call in commentary that it was deliberate, to allow Gatland to assume that very thing and not show Ireland’s hand to Wales.  I’d say that’s right, and have my money on Ireland for the upset.

England will smash Scotland at home, no doubt about that.

IdleJon

Scotland perfectly capable of ruining an English party if Ireland win.

What are you basing that on? Blind optimism? I was 15 when Scotland last beat England at Twickenham. I can’t remember being 15, it was that long ago! It’s been over a decade since they won in Murrayfield, which is the only place they can play rugby.

For some reason this weekend has been a bit of a damp squib.

The best three sides played the weakest three. If there was serious talk of relegation, you could easily drop Italy, Scotland and France at the moment and the tournament wouldn’t suffer. Thankfully there is no relegation – Wales would have disappeared in the 90s and early 00s.

Anyway, I think Scotland need to get rid of Townsend and get O’Shea.

IdleJon

There was a call in commentary that it was deliberate, to allow Gatland to assume that very thing and not show Ireland’s hand to Wales.

And Wales will be showing all their plays for Ireland to see? 🙄

mindmap3
    Free Member

No way should Wales be losing that game.

I agree and I can’t see them doing so either. Even when they’re not setting the world on fire, they look confident in their systems. Plus they’ll be at home and another 6N will be a good way to send Gats off before the WC.

Ireland don’t look anywhere near the team of 2018.

onehundredthidiot

was serious talk of relegation, you could easily drop Italy, Scotland and France at the moment and the tournament wouldn’t suffer.

And if there had been relegation last year England would have been in the mix.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland don’t look anywhere near the team of 2018.

I think that’s Joe’s plan. 😀

Kryton57

And Wales will be showing all their plays for Ireland to see?

No idea, I was talking about Ireland.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No idea, I was talking about Ireland.

You managed that without mentioning budgets or crap refereeing. Congratulations on that. 😀

IdleJon

You managed that without mentioning …. crap refereeing.

It was touched on in Scrum V tonight, but as they said, nobody is allowed to criticise a referee.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Looking forward to the Ireland v Wales game, pre tournament I guess that everyone would’ve fancied Ireland, now….Wales slight favourites? Too close to call imo.

England v Scotland…..at the risk of coming across as an ‘arrogant Englishman’ I’m expecting us to absolutely spank them…..like 30 point victory margin style.

France v Italy….whom cares.

dantsw13

Sometimes I despair. For years, England struggled against lesser opposition. Yesterday we were ruthless & won by 40.

Ireland Scotland and Wales all struggled against Italy. We didn’t. Wales played a squad team, but Ireland didn’t, and Italy gave them a real scare.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yesterday we were ruthless & won by 40.

World beaters!

handybar
    Free Member

The title is still a possibility for Ireland and I expect them to turn up in Wales fully ready for battle.

mefty
    Free Member

Ireland and Wales played Italy in Rome – never underestimate the importance of home advantage in the 6 nations. That is why I think Wales are definitely favourites next week, they have done exceptionally well to win all their away games.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Seymour and Kinghorn rules out of Saturday’s game as is Itoje.

I’d be pretty disappointed if we don’t win by a reasonable margin and score four tries in the process.

I really hope Italy beat France just because France have been so shit this year.

As an Englishman I obviously want Ireland to win but I really can’t see it. Wales have gone about their business, not set the world alight but have got the results that they wanted it needed. Plus they’re at home.

anagallis_arvensis

The title is still a possibility for Ireland and I expect them to turn up in Wales fully ready for battle.

I expect Mike Phillips to turn up with the wrong ball to win it for us!

dantsw13

DD – fairly certain I didn’t say that, but I’d far rather play how we did against them than how Ireland did.

With 20 minutes to go Italy have still been in every match this year, until this weekend. They are no longer complete mugs.

handybar
    Free Member

Ireland are the most complete side in the tournament, but not in great form, however that may change, Wales domestic disputes will affect them somehow, Wales away is intimidating for the English but not I think for the Irish, who get a buzz out of the hostility and raise their game. We will see…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.