Rugby Thread 2018/19

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • mikey3

cant wait for the next kickball world cup,or maybe the two codes could merge.

Your plan is a bit obvious Cap’n Flash.

mikewsmith

Well I thought the French might be back in there for about 35s….

The chat before was there won’t be a grand slam this year, England might have something to say about that, the trip to Cardiff is looking like the big one

mindmap3

I want to see this England team keep their feet on the throat and not ease off. The best teams in the world keep on going.

May has had another cracking game. What a winger he has turned into. Especially when you think what a headless chicken he used to be.

Premier Icon grahamt1980
    Subscriber

They can’t ease off against this French team.
    I reckon if they sit back then France will score a fair few.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I want to see this England team keep their feet on the throat and not ease off.

Yes his has got to be the case.  Agree with Mike above, I’d now command one of those scenario models and play 40 mins of intensity imagining that 3 tries are needed to get past a second half against a leading Welsh team.

Although the rush defense is there, it’s good to see England can change tactics.

Lets see if a French change successfully or England tear them a new one…

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

feels a bit harsh there, no sure he would have gathered it. Is ‘probably’ good enough?

mindmap3

With my rose tinted glasses on, I think he’s scored. He’d have chipped it on and touched down.

Fab read by Slade again.

England a tad lucky to maintain momentum there. They’d slightly gone to sleep.

Premier Icon grahamt1980
    Subscriber

Dumb slap there

That was e knock on by May

Premier Icon joelowden
    Subscriber

Was that before he held the defender back?

mikewsmith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_rugby_union_matches_between_England_and_France
    Think the records will fall today, most points for England against France at home 55, biggest winning margin 37. Just 20 mins to go

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

i think he held him back but don’t think it would matter.

Knock on….nah.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

i think he held him back but don’t think it would matter.

His hand was down on the grihnd before he hooked his arm.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

The worst French team I have ever seen. I wonder if Italy have realised that they can win that game.

mindmap3

It’s all gone a bit flat now; big lead, lots of changes. I hope Robson will get on shortly.

Tom B

How shit is Parra these days?!

God knows why Youngs and Farrel are still on, Robson is in dire need of game time and Farrel needs a rest!

When the slow mos are shown at the end you’ll see it was May’s hand that knocked on. Agree blue probably wouldn’t have beaten Farrell but May definitely held him back. He even looked at the camera to see if he’d been clocked.

mikewsmith

When the slow mos are shown at the end you’ll see it was May’s hand that knocked on.

Are these different ones to the TMO was looking at?

I think he got it wrong. Like the penalty try.

gauss1777

The worst French team I have ever seen. I wonder if Italy have realised that they can win that game.

They’ve done some things well though have they not? – France v Scotland will be interesting.

mikewsmith

They’ve done some things well though have they not?

The problem is doing those things at the same time and in the same direction 🙂

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Bit of a dull second half.  England lacked bite.  Still playing for 40/50 mins.

Pigface

Wow, not looking forward to Cardiff in two weeks.

I’m just pleased Gashton didnt score….next week has me worried though!!

mindmap3

I’ll take that win. The last quarter was a bit crap but hey ho they didn’t score a point in the second half.

Cardiff is going to be huge. Hopefully Eddie and co will have something up their sleeves tactic wise to catch Wales off guard. We’ll be installed as favourites I’m guessing in the basis that Wales haven’t quite fired yet, which sets them up for a massive opportunity to pee on our chips!

Scotland will get the opportunity to get their championship back in track in a few weeks against what is a pretty dire French team.

Shit, two weeks of worry!!!

Hopefully at least Wales will play a full back at full back unlike ireland and france!

Hopefully Mako Vunipolas injury is a nice simple 3 week broken toenail!!!

Hopefully Eddie and co will have something up their sleeves tactic wise to catch Wales off guard. We’ll be installed as favourites I’m guessing in the basis that Wales haven’t quite fired yet

Dont really need a tactical masterplan when you have all those ball carrying monsters. England need to play their game. Gatland needs to come up with something!!

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

They’ve done some things well though have they not?

Like? They had no organised attack. The defence was regularly in pieces after two phases. They had no reliable line-out. The scrum was ok, I suppose. They were defending mauls with two or three men, until surprise, surprise, the maul started retreating. They weren’t aggressive at rucks. They were unfit.

The only curious bit is why England scored so few points in the second half.

Premier Icon Kamakazie
    Subscriber

When the slow mos are shown at the end you’ll see it was May’s hand that knocked on.

No it wasn’t.

I’ve just watched it again. It was.

But it doesn’t matter, it was given. Yay.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Definitely a French hand. It’s blindingly obvious.

mikewsmith

Yep not sure what they are on about, both angles show it was clearly the French hand – the lower one as a fist

They did come close but the changes seemed to leave them a bit disjointed. They will need to work on that a bit

mindmap3

They took their door of the gas and most of the subs came on at the same time disrupting the flow. Cole offers sweet FA as a sub. Sinkler (whilst a bit of a tit at times) carries hard and has good hands.

Premier Icon joelowden
    Subscriber

Despite it being a good performance, Lawrence D hit the nail on the head…If that had been the AB ‘s the foot would have stayed on the jugular for 80 mins. That said, as a Scot I’m not sure we can live with that power😕

dantsw13

With regard to the Sinkler incident – replays show the French guy hit Sinkler first, these Sinkler retaliated, then Frenchie retaliated back. Handbags. Either both in bin or neither.

dantsw13

Hamish – treat the May incident like a cricket review. Put both angles together and it’s obvious the French hand knocked it back.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 3,061 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.