Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Don’t think England have much to worry about when they play Scotland then..

A pretty dire second half.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Well that was a big fat disappointment! Ireland weren’t particularly good but did enough to win.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Don’t think England have much to worry about when they play Scotland then..

No, but the Scotland v Wales, France v Scotland and Wales v Ireland games, still look like they’ll be tight.
    It must be a concern for Scotland that they didn’t score despite all their possession in the second half. Whilst it was Ireland, they were at home.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yeah, all the Ref’s fault eh Greg? 🙄

gauss1777
    Free Member

Yeah, all the Ref’s fault eh Greg? 🙄

I thought the ref was good, what did he supposedly do wrong?

IdleJon

No, but the Scotland v Wales,

I think that will be the least worrying game that Wales have after today. Yes, Scotland can potentially win, but they haven’t shown much to worry any of the top three. Blind enthusiasm and home advantage don’t count for much.

anagallis_arvensis

Samson Lee bleeding already!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I din’t think Ireland were that great to be honest. Very surprised. 2nd half was dire after a great first half from both teams.

dantsw13

Very poor 2nd half. I thought Scotland were supposed to be the fittest team in 6N?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I thought the ref was good, what did he supposedly do wrong?

No idea, but Greg firmly laid their defeat as being down to him in his post match interview..

Tom-B
    Free Member

Some of the advantages played were outrageous, knock on given against Greig when SOB ripped the ball back is what seemed to file him, Hogg trip should’ve been a penalty too.

His comms with the players and TMO are awful too, his English is really poor so he often confuses words etc and people are left guessing what he’s on about (Obviously his English is way better than my French)

dantsw13

Reynard wasn’t awful, but I felt the 50/50 ones landed Ireland’s way.

dantsw13

The Wal-Ita match is carrying on from the second half earlier . It’s the sort of game you’d expect on a rainy mudbath in Div 2.

dantsw13

Oooh! Can someone warn AA to hide behind his sofa !!!

duckman

It’s good we have the master race to set the example of how to suck up bad Reffing decisions to us minor Celtic teams.

akira

Italy playing well actually. For second quarter they’re been the better side.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It’s good we have the master race to set the example of how to suck up bad Reffing decisions to us minor Celtic teams.

RSA is a master race?
    Wow, every day is a school day.. 🙄

Tom-B
    Free Member

Amazing how much Wales are struggling at half back currently! Webb has to be in the rwc squad!

onehundredthidiot

I was more annoyed by Murray having hands in the ruck. Not the best reffing in the six nations.

akira

I think Wales deserved the win but I don’t think they played that well.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Grr – wales underperforming again. And two tries which should of been alowed – off JD2’s knee (not above the knee) so no knock on, and a flat pass from anscombe

IdleJon

and a flat pass from anscombe

It really wasn’t. It was forward and a correct decision.

More concerning is why everything this weekend is going to the TMO compared to Scotland’s game last week, where every dodgy try was waved on.

Wales are winning the championship on points not scored, anyway. 😁

anagallis_arvensis

Scrappy win but Italy whilst not put to bed never really looked like winning. I’ll take that with the team put out.

5plusn8
    Free Member

off JD2’s knee (not above the knee) so no knock on

Umm clearly above his knee in the replay.

knee

gauss1777
    Free Member

Umm clearly above his knee

From that picture or the replays? You must have a different definition of ‘clearly’ than me – I thought it hit his knee, although I am far from certain.

Looking very much like Wales will need to win all their games to come top – not looking too promising at the moment.

5plusn8
    Free Member

That picture, its above his knee cap, watch the replay on itv player.

gauss1777
    Free Member

That picture, its above his knee cap

You cannot accurately view 3-dimensions from a photograph, you cannot be sure he is in contact with the ball at that point.

5plusn8
    Free Member

If you watch the replay, his right knee, the bandaged one is below the ball and his leg knocks the ball forward. Its 1hr 53 in to the show. https://www.itv.com/hub/six-nations-championship/2a4295a0024
    Also reviewed at 2:21 where its clearly shown.

dantsw13

England and France women look head and shoulders above the other NH women.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Let’s hope the men can keep up the winning run over France after the U20’s and ladies both win their matches.

I’m just waiting for last week to be a false dawn and a steaming heap of shit to be served up at Twickenham today.

martinhutch

Not a bad start.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Gulp. This England team don’t mess around!

mindmap3
    Free Member

There is soooo much space behind the French backs!

May has turned into some winger.

theotherjonv

French winger looks better coming forward than going back.

Kryton57

May hat-trick!

mindmap3
    Free Member

This could well be a rout of England keep this up. Big ask for the French to not let their heads drop.

They’ve really lost the kicking battle in a big way.

theotherjonv

if the french pack run out of legs in the last quarter as suggested this could be a rugby score

andylaightscat
    Free Member

not really so Gashton now??

gauss1777
    Free Member

What’s going to happen when France tire in the second half?

^oops, what he said.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know France are Franceing, but it’s getting increasingly hard to see beyond a na England grand slam now. They look very sharp.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.