Rugby Thread 2018/19

Home Forum Chat Forum Rugby Thread 2018/19

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 299 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Well yes. It did occur to me that Ulster v Munster (in either home venue) would be the real test. (Also ducks for cover.)

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Great tip thanks. Turns out the in laws have BT Broadband .  I’m tuned in live now!

Stoner is going to be insufferable.

Stoner

I would be if Leicester were a side worth beating. Arf!

tjagain

I enjoyed the Game – Meatball ( Weir) looks to have found some form and confidence at last so thanks for that Stoner / Wuss.  We need him as a scots 10 but we need him in form.

mindmap3

Nice result for Wuss despite doing their best too throw away a 30 – 11 lead!

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Surprise surprise, Tuilagi out with injury.  Marler and Youngs too, although the former cites “personal problems”.

Pigface

Driving home yesterday and heard the Wuss result and I said to my self “Stoner will be happy”

the power of STW, never met Stoner, don’t even know his name but thought of him. I find that a little disturbing 😂

amazing result

Stoner

Still havent watched the bloody highlights yet as BT sport didnt get to them until gone midnight and well past my bedtime! I did get a few pints in with a mate in the local yesterday evening though who was young Ted Hill’s coach at Malvern RFC from 5yrs old. Very proud chap.

mindmap3

Marker rumoured to be close to announcing his retirement from international rugby.

Cracks in the EJ set up finally showing? Gustard would rather coach Quins and now Marler looks like he might be a lot to decide that international rugby isn’t for him…

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

There’s quite a few articles that have been quoted here before during “tired-gate” from other international rugby teams that Eddie’s “shock and awe” tactics are a one trick pony and nearly sent Australia into a spin.

IMO, he’s mistimed his tactics with England.  He’s come to the End of his modus operandum 18 months early and is not quite sure how to get them back, other than repeating the cycle.  I bet that there’s quite a few retirements after the RWC in the England camp, and for those that don’t a huge sigh of relief.

Pigface

Not a rumour, Marler retires from internationals

Watched falcons chiefs last night. It’s becoming g very obvious that that break down is a mess, off feet and looping a hand on the ball, also have we just given up on offside?

Anyone watch the Cardiff Cheetahs game last night? How can video refs and ref conspire to get so much wrong? Lee-lo clearly knocked on before his try and one of the Cheetahs tries had a clear forward pass in it. If Mr Clancy a player offloads whilst lying still on the floor the ball can only go forward if it is passed that way. Its different from a running player!!

tjagain

Sounds like a bit of an escape from the blues – similar to Edinburgh!

I do wonder if Cockers is still enjoying coaching Edinburgh and can anyone tell me what the point of Grant Gilcrest is?  Almost cost us the game with 3 stupid pens ( two of which led to Bennetton tries) and his yellow card

Blues rested quite a few players and they really struggle without Nick Williams to get them some go forward.

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

How can video refs and ref conspire to get so much wrong?

Ive said it before on here, but if I made such glaring errors so often then I’d be out of a job. Clancy was the ref at a Super Rugby game a few years ago where the commentators said on air that they had enough crap refs of their own, why bother flying one halfway around the world.

Another day another baffling decision.

Zebre player knocks on around halfway. He then boots the ball deep into Ospreys 22, O’s player under pressure hooks the ball in the air landing it not in touch inside the 22. Ref shouts advantage over. O’s player knocks on into another O’s player, pen to Zebre who score from resulting lineout.

tjagain

Its funny how its always the welsh teams on the wrong end of these bad decisions 😉

No not really as I said one of Clancy’s howlers was awarding Cardiff a try when Lee-Lo knocked on.

Scarlets v Kings is great fun so far!! 21 to 14 at half time.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Did anyone watch Bath v Sarries on BT Sport via internet?  Kept cutting out, very annoying.

Why isnt Alex Goode in the shout for Englands 15?

Didnt watch it but I see Loopy Liam got a hat trick.

Jiffy Junior looked sharp on his comeback tonight which is a relief to Wales fans. Going to he a lot of competition for Wales places this autumn if no one gets broke.

1/2p

North

Davies

Parkes the Poach

Liam

Biggar/Patchel

Davies

Falatau

Tipuric

Moriarty

AWJ

Ball

Lee

Owens

Evans

Wyn Jones/Nicky Smith

Dacey/Elias

Francis

Seb Davies

Navidi

Tomos Williams

Watkin

Patchel/Biggar

Quite a close game in Limerick last night. Anyone checked if BlindMelon is ok?

mindmap3

Why isnt Alex Goode in the shout for Englands 15?

Because he’s proved on the few caps that he’s had that he’s a great club player but a poor international. Not that I think Brown remains the answer (he clearly doesn’t), but I don’t recall Goode ever cutting it at international level.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

Because he’s proved on the few caps that he’s had that he’s a great club player but a poor international. Not that I think Brown remains the answer (he clearly doesn’t), but I don’t recall Goode ever cutting it at international level.

That doesn’t seem to stop Slade being picked.  Surely Goode’s a much better attacking threat than Brown?

anyway…

tinybits

It’s because of that stupid skip he does before taking impact every bloody time. Eddie is as wound up about it as I am!

Slade hasn’t yet proved that he’s not up to it, there’s a good chance he isn’t (2 seasons ago he looked superb, just never quite got back after the injury) but we need at least one creative center.

Leicester Sale was an utter bore fest. Such poor ruby. Was interesting that Leicester have most their team cocked / on Int duty or suspended though. By the time they come back, there’s a chance Smurf will have figured out what to do with them. Sale really have got some very good players, shame they are nailed onto the bottom with a piss poor DoR.

mindmap3

Interesting comments from Marler re him and his brain farts leading to bans being caused by the pressure and anxiety of being away with England. Given the macho image that he gives off, it’s interesting to hear him talk about his insecurities. His comments do seem to have been taken out of context and reported as though he went out to hurt people when I think what he meant was he didn’t think about the daft things he did or playing like a helmet as he put it…

Sam Simmonds is out for the rest of the season due to ACL surgery which is a blow for him in the run up to the WC.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking
    Subscriber

Anyone listened to the 5Live podcast with Rob Horne. Comes across as a very positive guy despite the paralysis to his arm. Seemed to have such a positive mindset which was refreshing to see. Hope that things work out for him. Ugo Monye comes across very well (its the first time I have listened to the podcast)

tjagain

Another bonus point win for Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Edinburgh / Scotland seem to have discovered a new niche player – the midget!  I think its a ploy to get more high tackle pens and so they can run thru trundlemuppets legs.  Simon Hickey our 10 is a mere 5’9″ and so is Darcy Graham on the wing.  Grigg for Glasgow is  5’9.  George Horne for Glasgow is 5’9 Duncan Weir is 5’8

could we make an international back line of Midgets?  I think Hickey is not tied to NZ

If you haven’t seen the Henry Slade pick up from last night…

About six seconds in.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

My word, that’s how you make for a tense ending! ABs ridiculous comeback. Awesome rugby that.

tjagain

get the argies game on anyone still awake!

mindmap3

Joe Marchant showed why every kick should be chased last night, catching a penalty rebound off the posts to score against Sarries. Billy looked back to his best last night and owner up to knocking a ball on over the try line when the ref looked to award it. Immense defensive effort from Quins who looked like they’d done enough.

Can’t believe that Australia actually won a match! Guess Cheika is safe for a bit longer.

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

It didn’t come off the post, it was blown across the post and back toward the 22 by the gusty wind. He caught it on the try line  with a very fine leap.   An amazing score, and a very good game.

Pigface

Scarlets Ospreys was close, anyone see it?

Premier Icon IdleJon
    Subscriber

Yes. (On S4C late last night, so was knackered after Tide to Tide and slightly drunk. 😁 ) Ospreys looked as effective in defence and as poor in attack as always. It didn’t affect the match but why do we always get Nigel for these games? He lives a few miles from Llanelli, supports them and is friendly with them. It’s not difficult to find a more impartial ref.

I saw the second half, Ospreys defended well and Tipuric played the ref like a violin. As an ex flanker it was a joy to watch despite being a Scarlets fan. All the players were pumped and Blade cut AWJ in half at the final whistle and seemed pretty pleased!

Moriarty is going to struggle to hold his temper playing for the Dregs!!

tinybits

Worcester – Worcester 7 tries! Against Bris, that’s a result and a half, can see them staying up if they can pull off a few mire like that!

tjagain

Was Weir at 10?

BlindMelon

Thanks for your concern DD 😀

I was just about feeling better by Friday then we got a lesson at home from the Galway boys. First time they have won in Belfast in 50 odd years. It’s going to be a long season!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.