Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,061 total)
  • Rugby Thread 2018/19
  • anagallis_arvensis

Get Ashton, Cips and Marler in the starting 15. What could go wrong!!

Kryton57

FFS!

The typical England team player is

A) average

Or

B) genius with a large hint of idiocy

anagallis_arvensis

The typical England team player is

A) average

Or

B) genius with a large hint of idiocy

Or in the case of Ashton

C average and a complete bellend.

Kryton57

As a Cips fan, found this interesting:

Being human

But I do agree with the overall sentiment .

anagallis_arvensis

Apparently Aashton has been cited for a tip tackle.

5plusn8
    Free Member

But I do agree with the overall sentiment .

Me too, I don’t see why your behaviour outside the game is anyones business. I don’t see why you have a moral compulsion to set an example. I like rugby, the rules in the game are important, break them and face the consequences, outside, WGAS.

Therefore forgive Cips, and bin Ashton. That was not just silly it was downright dangerous. It wasn’t even a tip tackle in the heat of the game, it was a deliberate lifting and dumping.

anagallis_arvensis

7 weeks for Ashton

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

First time I’ve seen the latest Gnashton moment.

Add it all up…

Pre-season friendly

After the whistle

Deliberate dump tackle

His previous

He’s lucky to get such a short ban.

Kryton57

Although I agree with the above Cips outcome as stated, I don’t agree that any progressional sportsman doesn’t have an obligation to behave appropriately in public.

He’s a role model to kids, and as such the message that its not ok to push people about and rough up a WPC should be prominent at worst – never have happend at best.

Ashton’s behaviour is ON the pitch.  Worth thinking what that might have cost, and what liability he brings during an international game.  We are approaching a RWC, Eddie needs consistentcy and calm heads on the pitch .<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> </span>

Scamper
    Free Member

In terms of a role model, doesn’t Cips do more community work than anyone else, and then some?  Therefore I found Glaws `punishment’ of 10 hrs community work interesting.

Stoner
    Free Member

No-one else watching the Bledisloe this morning?

Stoner
    Free Member

I want a Beauden Barrett all of my own. To hug and kiss and cuddle and make play for Wuss.

Pigface
    Free Member

He has got to 500 point with indecent haste.

anagallis_arvensis

In terms of a role model, doesn’t Cips do more community work than anyone else,

Is that cause he gets arrested the most?

anagallis_arvensis

Just watched the highlights. Some player BB!! You have to worry when thevAll Blacks can take the best 15 in the world imo Ben Smith and shove him out to wing so often. He was majestic last week and didnt hold onto the jersey!!

anagallis_arvensis

First joke red card of the season!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJdGn_1_XRg

flanagaj
    Free Member

I watched the All Black game.  They have a great nack of running away with the game in the second half.

They just seem to be a league ahead of everyone else.  Looking forward to Autumn Internationals

Although they beat the Wallabies, I do think Pocock is a great player to watch at the breakdown.

Stoner
    Free Member

agreed. Was trying to get Stoner Jr to see what Pocock was doing at the breakdown, although he was taking a beating while doing it. Pocock, not my boy. obvs 😉

tjagain

Finn Russell gets two tries and two kicks in his first game for racing.  Missed a touch kick and two further goal kicks in true Finn style

Stoner
    Free Member

That beating pocock took appears to be taking its toll  https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies/wallabies-star-david-pocock-has-neck-troubles-after-being-targeted-by-all-blacks/news-story/7c894ae2ae91b6d4a443897c15ad50b0

I see Warburton has been imploring more protection for the jackler following his early retirement too. Can’t say I disagree.

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff will be gutted.

Ospreys beat Edinburgh, two tries from some bloke called North.

Can Bristols Big Hairy Bears hold on to beat Bath?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Full louse at Ashton Gate – 28k.

Delighted for them to start the season off with a win over Bath. wrecker will be over the moon.

Pigface
    Free Member

Good to start the season off with a win. Not sure what the season holds for the Ospreys.

As DD says capacity crowd at Bristol. Can’t can’t my head around calling them Bristol Bears.

wrecker
    Free Member

wrecker will be over the moon.

I consider myself capable of some cultured language, however i fully ran out of expletives. What a night, that one will linger for a long, long time.

anagallis_arvensis

Pigface did you watch the Ospreys game? I couldnt find a feed fir that so watched the Blues game. Was a good game, blues scored some great tries but the Leinster pack ground them into the dust in the end. Brave from Blues, I even saw Nipper Morgan make a tackle, but in the end out muscled.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure what the season holds for the Ospreys.

Finally have a replacement tic tac from chuck it to Shane, now chuck it to George!!

IdleJon

Finally have a replacement tic tac from chuck it to Shane, now chuck it to George!!

Problem is that to get there the ball has to go through the 10s hands. Luke Price was ok last night, nothing more, but got injured by a late tackle. Sam Davies came off the bench and played his usual style of excellent rugby interspersed with awful mistakes. If Price isn’t fit then they’ll have Davies and Hook for the next game. 🙄

The O’s forwards looked decent, they all looked fit and everyone was surprised when one-out passes along the backs didn’t create any space. So they reverted to plan B which was to throw one-out passes along the backs and hope it would create space. Edinburgh didn’t get the memo about waving them through.

tinybits
    Free Member

Exeter looking depressingly organised. Could be a long season to be a Tigers fan (again!)

tjagain

Glasgow steal an away win at ~Connacht.  Pretty much robbery although Glasgow dominated upfront including a sequence of 3 scrums on the line all ending in penalties but no penalty try

anagallis_arvensis

A bit gutted!

IdleJon

4 minutes to go and Mitrea penalised the Scarlets for side entry at the ruck. Ulster had cleared out every previous ruck from the side. That’s the power of home advantage. 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bit of a howler from the ref in the Connacht Glasgow game – missed Hogg carrying the ball back over his own try line to dot it down for a 22 drop as when an attacking scrum could have made a difference for Connacht in the dying seconds.

tjagain

Makes up for Glasgow not getting the penalty try they should have after mashing Connacht in the scrum 3 times in a row on their try line.  😉

tjagain

Just to help your blood pressure DD
    https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1035923089593315328?s=19

Apparently tho the ref has also apologised for giving the last pen to connacht ( which could have won them the game) – Grigg clearly released then went for the ball.  All evens out in the end

Two Odd sets of stat.  Edinburgh far better in all stats other than the scoreboard but apparently ( I didn’t see the game) never really looked like winning Whearas Glasgow were behind on the stats but allways looked like they had a chance

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You think I’ve got blood pressure problems because a ref **** up in the first round of Pro14 games? 😂

tjagain

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have we done this yet?

I’m torn. Yes, it’s very clever thinking and within the laws of the game, but at the same time it feels a little bit like a Mankad.

tjagain

It would have been fine if he had not fooled the ref as well so the ref blew the whistle.  Once the ref blows the game stops

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 3,061 total)

The topic ‘Rugby Thread 2018/19’ is closed to new replies.