Viewing 40 posts - 4,481 through 4,520 (of 6,096 total)
  • Rugby thread 2016/2017
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“I’d like to thank the Lord Almighty for today and I would also like to apologise because I’m going to be drunk tonight”

wrecker
    Free Member

Any chance eh captain?
    Could be worse though.

anagallis_arvensis

Genuinely good teams from all nations

Italy? Wales?

dantsw13

Ok not Italy, but I thought the Scarlets played well, and Glasgow/Munster/Leinster all much stronger than previous years.

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets did well with what they have but were hoplessly out gunned as were The Ospreys.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Congratulations to Saracens, back to back wins are special. Looking forward to catching the highlights later

dantsw13

Talking Wales, I thought N Owens was poor too. Needs to concentrate on ref’ing rather than being part of the performance.

bruk

Was at both games, great weekend with some mates. Best teams won both nights, the quality of the Sarries/Clermont game was great for a final. They just squeezed them out of the game. Bloke next to me was giving it up as a bad job at 20 minutes but thankfully Clermont showed some of their flair.

Home now and off to look for highlights of that end to end try!

Bilbao 2018? Sarries versus ?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Very good performance by Sarries even though they left a few points out there – Owens was poor I thought. Clermont fought hard at the breakdown and some of their handling was superb.

It is hard to look past Sarries for the AP too, but they’ve got some tough games to go yet – Exeter have been really good despite a shakey start to start to the season.

I’m going to watch Wasps / Tigers this weekend live this weekend. Hoping for a good game.

onehundredthidiot

I’m becoming confused and frustrated with the maul now. Ref shouts maul and suddenly it falls to the ground. Law 17 says,

Keeping players on their feet. Players in a maul must endeavour to stay on their feet. The ball carrier in a maul may go to ground providing the ball is available immediately and play continues. A player must not intentionally collapse a maul.

DezB
    Free Member

Mauls are fun to referee – they’re always different, so you just go with gut instinct – has the ball carrier gone to ground and made the ball available? Yep, play on.
    Has a defender pulled it down? Pen
    Ball unplayable scrum.
    I’ve discussed it with other refs and one of them said, if you refereed the same game 10 times, you’d make 10 different decisions 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Great first 35 mins from Scarlets in Dublin followed by a red card 🙁

Sexton playing like shit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Leinster are fluffing a lot here. Handling, etc. Crowd are getting restless!

Shingler looks good, mind.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sexton not taking conversion? Nacewa missing?

WTF

Also, I think I missed something. Did I see Furlong limping off?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah. Sexton limping as well.

anagallis_arvensis

Furlong and Mcgrath went off injured.
    Loopy Liam kicked 2 pens for Scarlets!!!

Amazing gutsy win.
    Think stef evans will miss out on his first wales cap due to copping a ban

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cubby was immense. Good coverage on the wing, too.

tjagain

Very good win for the scarlets. Can they go all the way? would be good for welsh rugby / pro 12 if they do.

Mitrea had a good game as well. Developing into an excellent ref.

tjagain

Sarries / Exeter turning into a good game and a real contest.

tinybits
    Free Member

Bloody hell exeter! Very well played and that last kick by slade, that took some doing!

tjagain

Yup

Glad to see Exeter win – my fave English side. Deserved the win too if for nothing else for that last kick to the corner

snaps
    Free Member

Stunning game – I was at Twickers last year when Sarries beat us, looking foward to next week 😆

mikey3
    Free Member

Are munster from new Zealand? cheap shot ****.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lucky not to get a yellow for that.

Tense game, though. No one really impressing so far.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

However, different now! Munster very good in attack now. Some lovely play. Game beyond the Os, sadly.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rather less so here! 🙂

As elsewhere, a deserved win!

anagallis_arvensis

Munster are a difficult team to like. 18-3 up 10 to go and they are still trying to kick to the corner from just outside the opposition 22..did it twice.

Think they will be too strong for Scarlets.
    Osprey really missed webb, leonard is shit

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Enjoying Welsh Rugby Twitter this evening.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Munster are a difficult team to like

Percy Montgomery is difficult to like.

Munster were just better tonight. Agree that Webb was sorely missed, though.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m disappointed that Tigers lost today, but now at least the top two teams are left. With any luck, Wasps will win the premiership because they have already won the premiership. I’m not a massive fan of a season-long league ending with a mini knockout tournament. It makes good viewing and is now accepted, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

wrecker
    Free Member

I understand the play offs. Sarries lost a shed load of players to the 6N, wasps one or two? Chiefs one I think?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m not a massive fan of a season-long league ending with a mini knockout tournament. It makes good viewing and is now accepted, but it doesn’t make sense to me.

Yep. A league is a league, a cup is a cup. Two different things.

tjagain

Anyone been following the 7s? something very odd has happened. Scotland beat NZ in the semi from a 21 pt deficit and then beat England in the final! 😯

This was a Scotland team with Jack Cuthbet in it? The slowest winger in the world

I seem to have woken in an alternative universe where the laws of physics have been repealed

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Billy V has withdrawn from the Lions. Thankfully just replaced with the Hask.

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s about as big a blow as could happen to the Lions.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m broken hearted for them. 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Why you no like darce?

anagallis_arvensis

Got to feel for the guy must be gutted.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Fabulous win for Exeter: I was wrong not liking past then to win the AP. That kick by Slade was immense- even McCall said the same thing. Exeter from a driving maul are pretty damn effective (as Wasps have found out in the past).

Went to the Wasps game; it did feel like it may be Tigers day with Tom Youngs 100th appearance and everything happening with his wife. Wasps made hard work of it – Cipriani did sweet FA and Simpson was incapable of kicking to space etc. They forced a number of passes that led to knock one and their set piece was often second best. Tigers were much more abrasive at the breakdown too.

I think Exeter may well take the AP now because they’ve been a bogey team for Wasps. They mix a good powerful pack with some handy backs and have scored a lot of tries this season.

Billy V is surely a huge loss for the Lions.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,481 through 4,520 (of 6,096 total)

The topic ‘Rugby thread 2016/2017’ is closed to new replies.