Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Looks like Lancaster has got the job then.

Pigface
    Free Member

Aye but maybe with out Farrel.

DezB
    Free Member

Ben Youngs in trouble for Sunday’s savaging of a forward too
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-2121721/Leicesters-Ben-Youngs-cited-allegedly-striking-opponent.html

I was there and it was quite funny how Jamie Gibson completely ignored Youngs trying to punch him! Twice! Then Allinson dived on Youngs like he was protecting his poor, defenceless number 8 and gave Youngs a bloody nose. The touch judge was standing literally right next to the incident and only recommended a penalty against Youngs.

wrecker
    Free Member

The citing is fair. I watched it on the telly and Youngs seemed to be needling Gibson trying to provoke a response for a lot of the game.
    Looked like a player frustrated by lack of form trying to get noticed for something.

mefty
    Free Member

The citing commissioner was Wade Dooley so the suggestion is that he was reported because he failed to hit Gibson hard enough.

wrecker
    Free Member

I saw that!
    Someone must have been smirking when they gave the job of citing officer to wade bloody dooley!

Pigface
    Free Member

The Blackpool Tower 🙄

Kryton57

Well, Lancaster is definately in – its been announced.

The have to buy out Farrell Snr’s contract from Saracen’s if they want to keep him. Not sure though that he’s actually brought the back line alight…. is he worth it?

wrecker
    Free Member

I think the Farrell deal’s being done as we speak. He’s done well in defence but England need an attacking coach IMO.

anagallis_arvensis
    anagallis_arvensis
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that all?

I want a lifetime ban for what he did.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought his hearing was Monday.. 32 weeks definitely not enough.

anagallis_arvensis

Given it runs through the off season too its pathetic.

Kryton57

I’m willing to place a tenner plus yearly inflation until the RWC and a beer on England winning the world cup under Lancaster’s reign. Any takers?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kryton, I reckon that’s a good shout.

Wales v England final, perhaps? 😉

Seriously, though, I think England need a lot of rebuilding. The Care saga has damaged the “brand” of English rugby, I believe. As has Hartley and to a lesser degree Clark. English rugby needs to go through the hardship that was Welsh rugby for much of the 90s. Rebuild, remodel, renew. I think that Lancaster is very much the man for the job and I wish him well!

anagallis_arvensis

I’ll take that bet, all proceeds to charity?

Scamper
    Free Member

Really not sure about Lancaster.

Yes, England have improved both on and off the pitch from a really low point, but can he really develop England much further, new team or not? The next 9 months will be brutal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scamper, he’s a new broom. In no way associated with either the blazers at the cabbage patch, or the wannabe slebs that have sometimes graced the pitch.

I reckon he’s a good pick.

mefty
    Free Member

What brand, we pick 8 lumps up front, and 7 lumps behind them, if we are not in the opposition 25, we kick it, if we are, we have a rolling maul or pick and drive until a penalty is conceded then we kick it. Jesus, we better not over complicate things, look where that got us in 1991.

mefty
    Free Member

dp

mefty
    Free Member

bump

Scamper
    Free Member

He is associated with the blazers though – very much a RFU man. I can guess who Andrew wanted.

Pigface
    Free Member

Clark 32 weeks is just disgusting, he deliberatly breaks an opponents arm and gets 32 weeks through the summer. Well done rugby you have just shat in your own bed. He should of been given at least 12 months. Leaves me very disalusioned with the whole thing. I hope Saints ship him out, they wont but they should.

I am not convinced by Lancaster either.

anagallis_arvensis

What has Lancaster done in coaching? I had never heard of him till this year? As far as that bet re the world cup goes I dont think England have the players even if Lancaster is god.

wrecker
    Free Member

I don’t think ny NH team has a_a. England beat all with the exception of Wales and that was too close to call.
    Whatever, Lancaster did well in the 6N and deserves his opportunity. Time will tell if he is a good appointment.

Coyote
    Free Member

What Wrecker said. England destroyed themselves at the WC. Lancaster swept out a lot of the dross, took a punt on debutantes and seemed to foster a *real* team spirit in the camp.

duckman

Clark back for Europe,really banned for what? 12 GAMES? What a crock of shecht.

anagallis_arvensis

*‘The disciplinary panel found that Calum Clark had not intended to injure Rob Hawkins in the course of moving his arm.* Accordingly the unfortunate injury suffered by Rob Hawkins was unintentional.
    ‘In the light of that finding of the disciplinary panel, Northampton Saints is bound to express concern and disappointment at the imposition of such a long suspension, even after significant mitigation in recognition in what was accepted to be Calum Clark’s genuine remorse.

‘Accordingly the club is bound to consider the merits of an appeal. No further comment will be made at this time.’
    http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/news/8329.php

?!?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How was that “no intention”?

Genuinely, WTF?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Lancaster is a good choice for England. He has brought a team spirit and ethos back tot eh team and clearly has the dressing room behind him

Robinson is an utter disaster for Scotland. I don’t believe the dressing room is behind him at all and what more does he have to do to show he has failed?

2 wins in 3 seasons of six nations, down to 12th in the world, failure ant the WC. Thats the end of Scotland as a tier one nation.

Pigface
    Free Member

Have you been on the naughty step TJ? Good that your back you pedantic sod 😀

*‘The disciplinary panel found that Calum Clark had not intended to injure Rob Hawkins in the course of moving his arm.* WHAT A PILE OF STEAMING EXCREMENT

Bear
    Free Member

TJ what I find strange is they played worse when they picked more of the players you said they should?

As for England having given him the job for a bit and making such a success of it they didn’t have much option. Didn’t he come from lower down the England setup anyway Saxons and talent spotting? England have enough ability if he can mould them and find a bit of creativity particularly in midfield then they could be a good side.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bear – because the morale of the side is ruined.

They all knew they had a great chance this season but needed to get off to a good start. England were there for the taking but Robinsons poor selections lead to the missed chance.

By the second half against Ireland its a beaten team “oh no not again” as the heads drop. Robinson also made duff substitutions and selections in every match and made it clear that he did not think the young players were good enough.

He continued to play the wrong combinations especially in the centre and the wrong tactics for the selected players. Whats the point in playing a quickfire halfback combo and a bunch of flyers in the back three and play a crashball inside centre?

Tehr results speak for themselves. 2 wins in 3 six natins campaigns and gone from 6 to 12th in the world – with better players now than when he took over.

Scotland will continue to slide with him in charge.

Robinson has to carry the can for the duff selection and a team playing below its capabilities. When a teams morale collapses like that then its teh manager who carries the can.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I don’t know if Lancaster is a good call or not.

Amidst all the self congratulation at the RFU everybody seems to have forgotten that England have merely achieved the same as last season – 4 wins out of 5 in the 6N.

Fair enough, the spirit and cohesion in the squad has improved. The rugby has not. England created virtually nothing. Luckily, the first 2 games were against the worst 2 sides and England scraped fortunate wins. Had those fixtures been against, say, France & Ireland then they would probably have been 0-2 and Lancaster would be gone by now.

On the plus side, Lancaster is a good selector which seems to be where the biggest gains or losses can be made. Andy Robinson has always been a great forwards coach but a terrible selector. With England, he was a kid in a candy store with their huge pool of talent. With Scotland, I thought he’d do better with their more limited choices – but he hasn’t.

sadmadalan

The RFU had no choice but to choose Lancaster. I don’t think that he is a bad coach, we will never know if Mallet would have been a better choice. However at least Lancaster is a coach and has had success with bringing new talent through the Saxons, so in that respect it is a step up from Johnson.

I also hope that having appointed him, the RFU actually support him. Rowntree and Farrell will be part of the team, I would like to see Wayne Smith as the attack coach as well.

Most importantly the players like Lancaster and believe in him. Players who have been through the Saxons rate him very highly. Since the players need to perform on the pitch, this part is critical. Remember it took SCW 7 years to win a RWC and at one point it looked like the RFU was going to axe him. Lancaster will need time, but knowing the English Media he will get none!

loum
    Free Member

Lancster’s a good choice for now. England have achieved more than most expected this season, and its with a core of young players with talent and potential.
    The team are improving, so’s the discipline (mostly). There’ll never be a better time to chose him, and if the progress grinds to a halt or starts to reverse, then there’s still time for another change before the WC. They can save that big name appointment up their sleave for an impact closer to the tournament, IF its needed.
    It’s a bit of a gamble, but not an expensive one (I imagine-compared to the “Big Names”).
    And its not Andy Robinson 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Bloody hell, why oh why does someone so talent have to be such a ****:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17575844

anagallis_arvensis

Telegraph Sport understands the 30 year-old had been drinking on the return flight before he was seen throwing ice cubes around the aeroplane’s cabin.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.