Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Well that was disappointing should have finished the French off. A good 50 min performance but just not good enough in the second half. I have to agree that Healy was outstanding. As for RK on the french try, he hesitated and checked the inside ball before going for his man, def not short on pace.

Pressure On the Welsh team now, it’s yours to loose!!

As an aside how did Edinburgh get on in Belfast on Fri night TJ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

still gitchy!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As an aside how did Edinburgh get on in Belfast on Fri night TJ?

edinburgh (reserves) got a kicking 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

edinburgh (reserves) got a kicking

See those brackets? That’s the Edinburgh defence.

😉

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sure Ulster were without our big Irish contingent 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

That’s not the Edinburgh defence, the Edinburgh defence would be trying to defend this silly little comment.

TandemJeremy – Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Looking for a good game here. Can Ireland do the holding the players up and slowing ball / gaining turnovers trick again? Have ireland got the firepower to score enough to win?

that would appear to be yes and yes
    😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PMSL @ Don S!

🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edinburgh really do suffer when the six nations are on – depth in the squad is not great

Bear
    Free Member

Think that France continue to be inconsistent and unpredictable. At their best when the game breaks up, but look to lack cohesion still at times.

Ireland did what they often do and defend superbly, turning ball over and forcing teams backwards.

Think Wales are the best team in the championship but even they looked a little lost for attacking options when they played England, mainly because of how well England defended. They still look to pose the most questions of side and break the gain line the most frequently though.

Scotland have some talent but so little belief, but they could become very good.

The real winners though I think are Italy who are aside from the Ireland game are begining to compete regularly in the competition.

Which makes for a great Six Nations and some good rugby to watch. Now if only the fans could be less one eyed and appreciate other teams strengths…….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-17256389

Danny Care – What a prize………

Idiotic.

duckman

Do you think that was a message to Lancaster for dropping him?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Danny Care what a plank but does he have an alcohol problem?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quote possibly, TJ, but I think it’s far more of an attitude problem than one of any alcoholism.

loum
    Free Member

The plank claims its not a drink problem, its a “small bladder” problem. ROFPMSL 😆

Care said: “After an evening out with friends in the centre of Leeds, after a long time queuing, I was in a taxi home when I got caught short and asked the taxi driver to pull over so I could relieve myself behind a nearby building.
    “The British Transport Police found me doing that and took me to the nearest police station where I was released with a caution.
    “I understand the link that will be made to previous offences but, as with my fine in December in Weybridge, the issue is more one of a small bladder than excessive drinking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9122712/Danny-Care-arrested-for-his-third-alcohol-related-incident-in-the-last-three-months.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“small bladder” problem. ROFPMSL

You should have gone to the bogs, like everyone else, not just wet yourself here.

zokes
    Free Member

Danny Care – What a prize………

Rugby player drinks beer shocker? 🙄

One-eyed? It’s mostly no-eyed round here.

toys19
    Free Member

Can anyone who can honestly say they have never pissed against a wall somewhere after a night out?

Pigface
    Free Member

Zokes tries to troll shocker 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Toys, I certainly have. But then, I’m not an international, professional rugby player who’s already been dropped from his country’s team for the most important matches of the year for a drink related issue.

Bear
    Free Member

yup. you could probably forgive the odd minor indiscretion such as this, but three times in 6 months isn’t it?

Would surely think right I need to be squeaky clean fro a bit here…..

zokes
    Free Member

But then, I’m not an international, professional rugby player who’s already been dropped from his country’s team for the most important matches of the year for a drink related issue.

Great, so we’re now vilifying individuals who clearly have issues. Wonderful 🙄

Zokes tries to troll shocker

No, zokes is puzzled why only one team’s and their associates’ off the field antics are fair game for ridicule on this thread. And not at all surprised that the usual one-eyed ‘contributors’ just cry troll.

toys19
    Free Member

Toys, I certainly have.

So CFH you personally do not think pissing against a wall is wrong?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does he clearly have “issues”? How do you know?

why only one team’s and their associates’ off the field antics are fair game for ridicule on this thread

Well……it could be because there’s only one team where such behaviour is occuring at the moment, couldn’t it? Had that thought entered your little grey cells at all?

🙄

Albanach
    Free Member

I see our own Max Evans got off scot free (apologies) for allegedly glassing someone…

wrecker
    Free Member

Well……it could be because there’s only one team where such behaviour is occuring at the moment, couldn’t it?

Really?

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/891752-welsh-rugby-stars-tom-james-and-ceri-sweeney-arrested-over-assault

I have little sympathy for Care, he’s either not been well enough informed or he’s an idiot.
    Having said that, I remember people on here finding mongo’s drink driving caper funny. 😯

BruceWee

That’s a big relief. I doubt anyone will really know what happened except those who were there.

These kind of things tend to stick in the back of the mind though so I hope it doesn’t harm his reputation too much.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wrecker, hadn’t spotted that on the Beeb rugby pages (Spiteful new layout included…)

What a pair of….. (Assuming that the arrest was for good reason). Much like Spikey when he got done for having a fight outside MacD’s in Cardiff. Idiot.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wrecker they are hardly as high profile as Care and havent been done yet so innocent until proven guilty.

Mongos drink driving caper was funny 8) golf cart on motorway hard shoulder at 4 in the morning, Care would love to have such panache 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker they are hardly as high profile as Care and havent been done yet so innocent until proven guilty.

Always an excuse eh? 😉

Mongos drink driving caper was funny golf cart on motorway hard shoulder at 4 in the morning, Care would love to have such panache

😯

zokes
    Free Member

they are hardly as high profile as Care

Ah, I get it now, it’s only OK to moan about English players because they’re high profile. Riiiiiiggggghhhhhhttttt

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I would suspect international Welsh rugby players are probably more high profile in Wales than the English ones. They certainly were in Bangor, and that’s 1) a town that doesn’t care much about Rugby, and 2) full of English students.

Mongos drink driving caper was funny – golf cart on motorway hard shoulder at 4 in the morning

Well, I think we’ve established the mental age of your argument if you think that. Dwarf tossing on the other hand, now that is funny!

Wrecker, hadn’t spotted that on the Beeb rugby pages (Spiteful new layout included…)

Funny, I posted it a few pages back and was told I was trolling 🙄

sadmadalan

Ireland have lost Paul O’Connell and Conor Murray for the rest of the 6N. Not a good time to lose POC with BOD not playing.

Scamper
    Free Member

Not a well kept secret, but Ben Morgan has come home and signed for Gloucester. So the chances of him being picked for England are significantly less now.

wrecker
    Free Member

LOL scamper!

In other news; sad to see the end a great career of a worthy ambassador of the sport, world champion, british lion, European cup winner, premiership championship winner, 6 nation grand slam winner and MBE.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/9125718/Lewis-Moody-retires-with-immediate-effect-after-injury-ravaged-12-months-takes-toll-on-former-England-captain.html
    Thanks Mad Dog and well done.

toys19
    Free Member

So the chances of him being picked for England are significantly less now.

😳 I don’t understand.. (I don’t watch much club rugby so maybe the irony/joke is lost on me)

loum
    Free Member

sadmadalan
    Its a shame about the two injuries. Hope the both recover well.
    POC has been back on form, but is likely to be replaced by an even more in-form player in Ryan. Many people believe he should have been starting already.
    Murray’s a big loss because he’s different to the other options. He was having a great game against France until the injury.

Danny Care is a plank. He’s doing himself no favours and could really learn from someone like Warburton’s attitude. However, its nothing like the drinkdriving golf cart pr1ck. That’s properlly dangerous to others (not just a building wall) and he should have been locked up and the key thrown away.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

However, its nothing like the drindriving golf cart pr1ck. That’s properlly dangerous to others (not just a building wall) and he should have been locked up and the key thrown away.

Danny Care was also arrested and charged for drink driving. Lest we forget. Thankfully, he did receive a driving ban, as Mongo did as well. In both cases, it would appear to have been the correct sentence for the crime.

Anyway, back to the rugby if we may…

Predictions for the weekend?

Wales v Italy – I don’t think it’s going to be the cakewalk some are saying. Italy will be tough. Wales to win by about ten, though.

England v France – Surely France can’t be THAT bad again, can they? France by a score

Ireland v Scotland – A comfortable win for Ireland.

BruceWee

Ireland v Scotland – A comfortable win for Ireland.

Seems like a very confident assessment. So far Scotland have been doing their usual thing of doing just enough for a plucky defeat but I still don’t think i’m ready to write them off yet.

Saying that, I probably should to save myself the pain and frustration that I’ve felt after watching the last dozen or so games.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

On drink driving Tindall got done twice – and didn’t even get a suspension from playing – and he was well mullared and speeding IIRC

its a good thing attitudes are changing

wrecker
    Free Member

On drink driving Tindall got done twice – and didn’t even get a suspension from playing – and he was well mullared and speeding IIRC

That’s got nothing to do with him being an england rugby player though has it? I think being royalty trumps that.
    EDIT; while we’re at it;
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-1172677/Scotland-Glasgow-star-Parks-arrested-drink-driving.html
    Excuse the source.

loum
    Free Member

CFH, I’m not defending the plank. He needs a smack in the head. Modern sports salaries and good lawyers make it to easy to ignore a real problem.
    But for me, the other one was three crimes ,each with increasing likliehood of death for an innocent member of the public: drinkdriving, on a motorway, in a golfcart.

Back to rugby 🙂
    Wales by about twenty points, they’ll be on a high from their position, but with a point to prove at home. They’re also strong opposite Italy’s strengths (front row and 8 ) and could slaughter them out wide in the last twenty mins.

England France could go either way. France have real schizophrenia, and England on a high after last week’s loss (?). Not a game to bet on, but fancy a “home upset” if you can call it that. Depends on getting Manu running, and not letting France dominate at scrum, lineout and backrow. Reading that back, doesn’t sound like england at all- but makes sense to me.

Ireland Scotland – very close. I still think Scotland are loads better than their results, and were coming good at times against France. Still need to cut out a few silly errors but getting there. Ireland are never as good as favourites, and especially after a good underdog performance. But, I can’t believe Ireland will let themselves get beaten at home again so i’ll go small Irish win. It’ll be interesting to see who captain’s them. I’d like to see Ferriss. POC’s a good “leader” but sh1t decision maker, so this is important. I still think he can be a “bit thick”. BOD would never have kicked at goal from his own half with an extra player, a lead, and ten mins to go 🙂
    DRyan will be a very good replacement at lock, he’s good enough to start without injuries.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,641 through 1,680 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.