Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • meddle
    Free Member

I think Sam just meant when we win we do it by pick-pocketing late, when England win they usually crush us. Nice article though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Can’t believe that crowd for edinbugh – thanks for the warning – go 4 decent seats toghther

ijs445ra
    Free Member

What are the thoughts on Sundays match?

I think it is going to be another close match but France to take it by less than 7.

Wonder what the oddds of a ROG drop goal to win it are?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ireland by less than 7 for me.

morgs
    Free Member

[invitation to be flamed]
    I, for one, cannot wait for the day tat ROG retires from international Rugby. I’ve never like the way he is constatntly moaning to the ref about whatever he thinks will get them a penalty.
    [/invitation to be flamed]

Scamper
    Free Member

Over 20k, not bad. I think we only sold circa 14k when we beat Toulouse in the dead rubber pool stage. Last time glos were in a home QF people were outside the ticket off in the early hours to make sure they got tickets, but in a significantly smaller stadium.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Morgs, +1.

And for this;

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

double post edit.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I really hope that we can win in France but I doubt that on current form we have that big performance in us. Too many of the Irish team are living on reputation at the moment. If we loose then I would like to see Kidney bring on a few more younger players.

Morgs, ROG is no worse than a lot of other ‘moaners’ in intl rugby.

mustard
    Free Member

Morgs – He just does what tons of players do, it’s just his Irish Brogue means he doesn’t wind teh ref up as much as some manage too! 🙂

morgs
    Free Member

CFH – the best ever pick of ol’ Ronan can be foundhere

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Remember this?

Apparently ROG had “entertained” McCraes missus earlier

http://www.rugbydump.com/2007/06/140/ronan-ogara-pummeled-by-duncan-mcrae-lions-tour-2001

EDIT: Can’t get video to post
    Double Edit: Beaten to it by Morgs

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah lets celebrate a player taking a beating when representing the BRITISH and IRISH lions. Catch yourselves on lads.

Since the 6 nations started Ireland have been the 2nd most sucessful team on a match by match basis, ROG made his debut in 2000 so as an Irish fan we have a lot to thank him for.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yeah lets celebrate a player taking a beating when representing the BRITISH and IRISH lions. Catch yourselves on lads.

Erm? We’re more pointing out that he can be a right male chicken at times, regardless of where he’s from (See also Larry Dayglo)

duckman

As much as he is a horrible wee sod, and I have posted that footage before to wind up DD, there is a time to stop, and that was about half-a-dozen punches before he did. I have been involved in punch ups with a rugby ball in the middle the length and breadth of the country (after Scotland won the Grand Slam, playing for London Scottish was “interesting” for a couple of seasons) but I can’t recall seeing somebody hammering a prone defenceless player like that….Even away to Orrel…. 😀 That was nothing to do with rugby at all. Do that on the street and you would go to the Big House.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

, there is a time to stop, and that was about half-a-dozen punches before he did.

Agreed.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

I’m sure we could all have done better, jumped up and give McRae a good Van Damme style hiding! Keyboard Warriors! 😀

duckman

BlindMelon – Member
    I’m sure we could all have done better, jumped up and give McRae a good Van Damme style hiding! Keyboard Warriors!

Posted 39 seconds ago # Report-Post

I would suspect McRae picked his opponent well

Pigface
    Free Member

Never understood the Mcrae assault, it didnt really serve a purpose and when Mcrae played over here there was no retribution.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Sure you are always told to give the outhalf a few late digs, but that was taking the piss!

I hope he has a bad day on Easter Sunday though!

morgs
    Free Member

Keyboard Warriors

I’d be happy to tackle him on the Judo mat…..

All laughs aside, I was simply having a go at his child-like ‘teling teacher’ personality on the pitch. He is a cracking number 10, he is probably the best you have ever had…but my comments were not about his ability as a player, just that his on-field antics do me head in a little.

Granted he didn’t deserve the beating he got. But I’m now happy in the knowledge that it’s an easy picture to post if I ever want to sledge some Ireland fans in future.

Scamper
    Free Member

Interesting comment by Stuart Barnes in the paper today about part time england supporters, and a backhanded compliment to Gloucester fans 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right….

On y go! 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looking for a good game here. Can Ireland do the holding the players up and slowing ball / gaining turnovers trick again? Have ireland got the firepower to score enough to win?

dabble
    Free Member

Game ON!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Awful from France.

That was a gift.

Pigface
    Free Member

Tommy Bowe 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How was that NOT a card?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Lucky bounce. 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Looking for a good game here. Can Ireland do the holding the players up and slowing ball / gaining turnovers trick again? Have ireland got the firepower to score enough to win?

that would appear to be yes and yes 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Irish doing very well but POC is more of a moaner than Mickey Phillips.

toadfish
    Free Member

things starting to go france way 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooof…..

So, only one Slam potential left…..

Squeaky bum time in Cardiff in a couple of weeks!

donsimon
    Free Member

So, only one Slam potential left…..

Bring it on. 😀

Bear
    Free Member

Did anybodt else think it was very strangely reffed?

loum
    Free Member

We all dream of a team of Tommy Bowes…
    Great game today, dissapointing result, but could be worse.
    Kearney was even better than MOTM Bowe.
    O’Brien shouldn’t be going off after an hour. O’Mahony impressed in his time, but Heaslip was knackered by the end. SOB should’ve been moved to no8. Cian Healy’s the new Sean Fitzpatrick. Great defence out wide from the front row 🙂
    CFH – Did you not listen to JD. The first rule of Grand Slam club is don’t…
    morgs – ‘if I ever want to sledge some Ireland fans in future’, hope you’re round next weekend 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I know, Loum, I know….. 😳

Scamper
    Free Member

Only seen it once on the news but anyone thought Kearney could have done a bit more with covering that French try? Seemed to lack a bit of gas.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kearney, lacking gas? He’s the best 15 in the world game today. He was just beaten by the faster man, IMO.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought Kearney didn’t do as well as he might – he didn’t appear to go flat out fr the first few metres

apart from that he was magnificent tho – two fantastic catches in particular

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.