Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • Pigface
    Free Member

zokes is a liar, he tells untruths, do not trust him.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I am outraged at Ceri Sweeny

as I can’t believe he has 35 caps for Wales

(c) someblokeongwladrugby.com

Bear
    Free Member

Blimey – there are some one eyed supporters on here.

Thought the England Wales game was excellent, England mainly for their defence and the way they closed the space to stop Wales breaking the gain line. Wales for their composure with the ball, and for watching Sam W who is turning into one of the best opensides in the world. Not that the England openside had a bad game just that Sam W is exceptional.

Not sure anyone dominated scrums though as think there were only 3 or 4 in the game.

really don’t like players whinning over decisions though. They made the call stick with it.

Always thought rugby was a game where fans got on with each other and shared a beer at match time? Chill out people and enjoy the game.

zokes
    Free Member

Always thought rugby was a game where fans got on with each other and shared a beer at match time?

Nah, that’s cricket!

transapp
    Free Member

I’m not sure where all this shit slinging at each other is coming from, but could it be cut out please? A bit of banter is fine, but this is degrading into rubbish.
    This is a good thread with some informed posters. Please keep it that way

duckman

I’m not sure where all this shit slinging at each other is coming from, but could it be cut out please? A bit of banter is fine, but this is degrading into rubbish.

That would be due to the input of Zokes imo,judging by the coincidental downturn shortly after his appearance on the last page. I think he was unable to see a thread this length and not jump in/troll.

Pigface
    Free Member

Duckman speaks the truth.

zokes
    Free Member

That would be due to the input of Zokes imo,judging by the coincidental downturn shortly after his appearance on the last page. I think he was unable to see a thread this length and not jump in/troll.

I posted a link to a BBC story.

The last time I posted on this thread prior to that I was verbally abused twice.

By choosing to personally attack me again here, you’re perpetuating it further.

The only error in my post prior to the BBC link was the perhaps overzealous use of the word “most” – I should have said “some” instead, as it’s probably nearer the truth. However, most Welsh rugby fans I know were indeed bragging like England football supporters for the week leading up to the match. I believe they may have been egged on by a rather prominent Welsh commentator stating that the Welsh would “smash” the English.

Pigface
    Free Member

Boohoo zokes, calling you a liar is actually the truth ironic as that may seem.

Jiffy said something daft shocker, I thought england would turn us over to be honest as I stated many pages back.

morgs
    Free Member

As a Wales fan, I am anything but smug. England played well and targeted the areas of the Welsh game that would give them the biggest headache.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m over the moon we won, but it wasn’t an easy win and that’s credit to England.

Zokes – the link you posted was about a couple of ex-internationals having a boozy punch-up. To quote Martin Johnson “Rugby player drinks beer shocker”. I admit that I haven’t read the whole thread in depth, but I’m failing to understand what point you were trying to reinforce with it? If there wasn’t a point, it was just incendiary and therefore, pointless.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure anyone dominated scrums though as think there were only 3 or 4 in the game

Agree with what you said apart from this, I’m pretty sure almost every welsh put in resulted in a pen to Wales, England were much, much worse in the scrums than I expected (due to two midgets at lock I reckon). England took lineouts at the end despite scrums being a better attacking platform because they knew they were being shafted, had a massive impact on the outcome of the match IMO. If england had a solid scrum they would/should have scored at the end with a succession of pens on the welsh line.

The last time I posted on this thread prior to that I was verbally abused twice.

The last time you posted on here you were racist.

zokes
    Free Member

If there wasn’t a point, it was just incendiary and therefore, pointless.

It’s hardly my responsibility to judge whether or not a minority of posters would find a news piece on the national broadcaster’s website about two former Welsh internationals incendiary.

Boohoo zokes, calling you a liar is actually the truth ironic as that may seem.

Let’s see the proof then – I’ve already qualified “most” to mean most Welsh people I know. This therefore by default means some of the Welsh populace as a whole. The irony being of course that you can’t truthfully demonstrate that you’ve never told a lie either.

The last time you posted on here you were racist.

The Welsh are not a race – we definitely cleared that one up in the RWC thread. I made a generalisation – similar if you will to the one I also made about English football fans.

duckman

By choosing to personally attack me again here, you’re perpetuating it further.

Now I am confused, where in any of my posts did I attack you? and more than once? Or verbally abuse you,as you put it. I was saying that you started trying to troll on the last page.The evidence is on the previous if you care to look. Right about where you posted a link to two very ex-welsh players getting charged with assault. If you don’t want to play nicely on here as other people have managed for pretty much 40 pages, why don’t you start your own thread on the 6N?

davidjones15
    Free Member

I feel quite embarrassed by all this. 🙁

zokes
    Free Member

The evidence is on the previous if you care to look.

Indeed it is:

zokes – Member

“There was an incident….”
    Posted 4 hours ago #

creamegg – Member

took you long enough to find that zokes! Hardly representative of ‘most welsh supporters’ though is it? Think you need more than that!
    Posted 4 hours ago # Report-Post

zokes – Member

Oh, I wasn’t responding A_A’s abuse – I posted that and thought it was relevant seeing as this is a thread about 6 nations rugby. Similar stories about players of other nationalities seemed to be very relevant to previous rugby threads. Always room for balance and all that…

Creamegg suggested I was responding to you and A_A. I stated I wasn’t. The story I posted was at the time I looked the top story on the BBC homepage under Rugby

morgs
    Free Member

In other news….

France v Ireland this weekend. Thoughts? I’d love the Irish to win it. MAkes our raod to the Grand Salm a little easier!

zokes
    Free Member

It would be great if the Irish could pull it off, but I suspect it’s more the French’s game to lose, rather than the Irish’s to win. Either way both teams are at a bit of an unfair disadvantage going on to the following weekend’s games.

wrecker
    Free Member

FFS cut it out.
    [/quote]That would be due to the input of Zokes imo

Don’t fuel it, duckman. A_A is as responsible if not more so that anyone for starting fights. I’m close to waking away from the thread due to A_As attitude myself.

creamegg
    Free Member

I think Ireland will just about pull it off. Thats what im hoping for anyway.

Albanach
    Free Member

I think France will improve significantly from the game at Murrayfield and get a win by 5-10 points. Medard injury means that Poitraneaud comes in (I think), not a bad replacement to have!? Ireland have an interesting choice to make at scrum half with Reddan vs Murray, I think Reddan will get the nod as he is that wee bit faster at distributing the ball from the breakdown.

duckman

No worries Wrecker.
    I am interested to see Ireland, who lets be honest were all but as good as Wales, this could be a cracker of a game. O’Connell seems to have the fire back in his belly and was back to his belligerent best against the Welsh, and the Irish back row, while not as “tidy” as the Welsh were a cracking study in how to play right on the edge.

TimP
    Free Member

From the Scotsman:

He said he saw the person but did not recognise him. He was later told by police it was Max Evans, the rugby internationalist, Mr McCaig stated.

Note sure Mr Evans is an internationalist?

But back to the rugby, looking forward to Sunday should be a good game, and as for Eng Wal, Eng lost but made Wales look as average as Eng are, and I thought a draw would have been pretty fair. I was actually a bit disappointed we lost at the final whistle having been cringing a bit for the first 20mins. I thought it was a try, but it wasnt given, but North was very lucky not to see yellow for his tap into touch and no idea where the penalty advantage went when it all went upstairs to the TMO. That will prob get A_A’s knickers in a twist but that is the way I saw it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have Ireland to win this weekend as well, as it happens. Not sure how or by how much, but I think they’ll do it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

CFH – one of the better ones!
    “at least we are not England!” 😉

morgs
    Free Member

Either way both teams are at a bit of an unfair disadvantage going on to the following weekend’s games

Hmmm – haven’t they got the same gaps as the other teams?

creamegg
    Free Member

i dont think they have a break now due to postponed match caused by icy pitch so could be in wales’ favour if they get injured or are too knackered.

rkk01
    Free Member

Accrimonious on here today…

The Welsh are not a race – we definitely cleared that one up in the RWC thread.

I missed this last time around – anyone care to summarise / expalin?

morgs
    Free Member

yeah, but they have the same number of fortnightly gaps as the other teams, just in a different rotation. I think…

they didn’t play last weekend when the other teams did…they are playing this weekend when the other teams aren’t

morgs
    Free Member

CFH – AWESOME! Now, should I tweet it to George? 😉

duckman

rkk01 – Member

Ignore him.

So is it too early for Lions pics or shall we let the Irish get another game in? 😀

morgs
    Free Member

[lions debate]Welsh backs.Forwards = Welsh front row. Irish 2nd row. Welsh back 3. [/debate] 😀

creamegg
    Free Member

yeah, but they have the same number of fortnightly gaps as the other teams, just in a different rotation. I think…

France and Ireland will play for next 3 weekends without a break. All other teams have next weekend off before playing last two matches.

More info here.HTH

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/match-centre_fixtures-results.php

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Morgs, I reckon there may just be a Scottish hooker in there on current form as well.

Can’t see anyone from England in the Test team, but Farrell and Tuiliagi surely must go on the tour as back up/midweek players.

BruceWee

And a Scottish full back if he keeps going the way he has been

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BruceWee – Member
    And a Scottish full back if he keeps going the way he has been

Certainly on the plane, but in the Test side? In front of Kearney* or 1/2p? I don’t think he’s quite there yet.

*Should really have included him in my earlier post above. He’s on superb form at present.

BruceWee

Way too early to tell.

I’ve only seen him in a few games for Glasgow and the two for Scotland. I’m still blinded by the fact that we finally have a runner like him in a side that is not exactly known for opening up defences so I’m probably not as objective as I could be.

You’ve got to admit that he’s made a hell of an impact so far though.

wrecker
    Free Member

So is it too early for Lions pics

Yes. About a year too early.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

It is a bit early but…on current form mostly Welsh/Irish i would think.

A Jones
    R Ford
    G Jenkins
    P OConnell
    R Gray
    S Ferris
    S Warburton
    T Faletau/J Heaslip/D Denton

9 ?
    J Sexton?
    G North
    J Roberts
    J Davies
    T Bowe
    R Kearney/ 1/2p

Not sure about 9 or 10 at present others to go Lawes, Tuilagi (possibly to start). Foden or Hogg, O Driscoll assuming he is fit.

Suspect it will have changed a bit with form and injuries over the next year.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,521 through 1,560 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.