Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • anagallis_arvensis

Aa – he was the tackler – he can pick that one up. No ruck formed

well a froggy had formed a ruck and engaged a scot. I think the ref got it wrong. French missed a proper openside till Bonnaire came on and Szwareskis darts were awful. Hogg looks good, could be a very young lions back three next year.

anagallis_arvensis

Bump

anagallis_arvensis

Bump

bruk

We need to look at how the French got quick ball and try and replicate that. Then we need to start supporting our runners when they do make a line break.

Keep the faith with the young uns and when they are settled blood some new ones too.

Try and build our squad up with the experience and flair.

French could be very good if they had to be. They were just good enough today but feel they could be much belter.

duckman

Glitchyedit

Right gutted,and in Embra,last train is 10.30…TJ,what is your address in case I am to drunk to make it? 😈

brakes
    Free Member

how long do the French have to be consistently inconsistent and a lot of the time crap for before we can stop saying “I wonder which French team will show up today” or “the French should be brilliant”.
    they’ve been this way for a long spell now.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Duckman – sofas your mate.

anagallis_arvensis

Just rewatching the england game Parling and Botha are midgets. Is this the cause of the scrum and maul problems?

brakes
    Free Member

yes, now why not watch the Ireland match and try and pick fault with them instead.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Brave effort by Scotland. However, being lucky losers isn’t enough,

Sean Lamont ( a year ago!)
    “I’m sick of it – I want to win something, I really do.”

“I’m sick of having this year after year, valiant losers or whatever.

“We need to pull our fingers out, there’s been too many years gone by where we’ve been also-rans. It’s not good enough.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s right, TJ.

anagallis_arvensis

I also reckon Roberts did his knee on about 12 mins and was a passenger from then on.

talltom
    Free Member

Throw this one in –

The scots props are too fat and unfit for 80mins of international rugby. That is why they really suffered in the last quarter and got penalised at every scrum / breakdown

Scots backs quite impressive – loads of line breaks but where was the confidence to support??

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Very disappointed with Strettle’s reaction, stands in very stark contrast to the way the welsh team as a whole reacted to “that” red card.

disappointed I missed the Scottish game now, but the weather was too good to stay indoors!

anagallis_arvensis

Will Greenwood ? @GreenwoodRugby
    @Jamiehuwroberts Right shoulder go on that hit on tuilagi? Was a good pass and angle.

Jamie Roberts ? @Jamiehuwroberts
    @GreenwoodRugby left knee first carry William…ice ice ice!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Talltom – Props? its just they are not good enough – especially the bench.

wrecker
    Free Member

The floppy Jacobson was dire.

molgrips
    Free Member

Then we need to start supporting our runners when they do make a line break

Agreed, it’s been terribly obvious these last two years for Scotland. Someone breaks through, and he’s on his own. With other sides, particularly Wales, there’s always someone on hand.

disappointed I missed the Scottish game now, but the weather was too good to stay indoors!

Likewise, I went riding and Mrs Grips did the garden. We were going to watch it on iPlayer but it’s not there for some reason 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Molgrips, my coaches always said, “One man on the shoulder, always” and it worked, we always expected a man to run, so there was always one on the shulder. Scotland need to work on that.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So

Robinson must go? duff selection yet again.

All you Philips fans – did you see Blairs display? thats how to be a SH. Shame he was a bit too quick for the rest of the team at times but he got the ball away quickly from the breakdown which is what is needed.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I am not sure the SRU can afford to bin Robinson.

Anyway i think the players need to take alot of responsibility. As CFH said a basic is to have a man on the shoulder, these are professional players and yet they fail to support the ball carrier time after time it is a basic part of play.

I don’t want to blame the ref but it was yet another poor ref performance of which there have been too many in this 6N already.

Like S Lamont, I am sick of this glorious failure p1sh. I think Robinson needs to be brave and call up a couple of youngsters for the remaining two games i would like to see Matt Scott play for one and i think if Blair is out he needs to consider Lawson at SH, Cuister was poor and unfortunatley Lawson was exposed defensively again and that needs addressed somehow, the Irish back row will run all over him.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thats why Robinson must go – he is far too conservative in his selection.

The backs from the first game should have been
    Blair
    Laidlaw
    S lamont
    M Scott
    NDL / M Evans
    L Jones
    Hogg

With Ansbro / Grove/ Weir / Morrison as alternates

When he has been forced into playing the younger players they have shown why they should have been selected earlier. Tight margins yes – but the right selection would have made a difference I am sure

He keeps playing people on past reputation or because he is too conservative

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Who would you have replace Robinson?

I am pretty happy with the forwards, few front row issues this week, but i thought Barclay did well out of position and Rennie is getting better and better.

If all were fit i would have

Blair
    Jackson
    S Lamont
    M Scott
    Ansbro/Grove
    M Evans
    Hogg

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jackson? No way jose – Weir has been keeping him out of the Glasgow side even when fit.

Instead of Robinson? I would be looking for a young ambitious antipodean coach – or possibly Redpath.

Todd Blackadder would be my preferred choice -= played and coached in Scotland, doing good things with the canterbury crusaders. Doing well with Scotland would be his springboard into the all blacks job.

Scotland coach will never be a topjob. we either get the failures – Robinson, the second raters – Haddon / Williams or we could go for the young ambitious guys

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doing well with Scotland would be his springboard into the all blacks job.

I reckon there might be another chap ahead of him in that queue….. Y Gat.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye – so we could have him for a few years maybe even thru the next WC

duckman

Want to bet it will be Bradley? I think he would do a job. Money is not the issue any more guys. Change for changes sake wouldn’t work. At times,the patterns that Robinson wants are sublime when they work. However my worry has always been that there is no plan B

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I have watched Edinburgh a lot this year and Laidlaw has been very good but i think Jackson has the best all round game. Weir is probably the best tactically particularly in kicking terms but that is what benches are for so you can try and change games if necessary.

Blackadder would be a good choice, but not sure he would take the job, is Scotland even a step-up from the Crusaders at this time?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

[/quote]At times,the patterns that Robinson wants are sublime when they work. However my worry has always been that there is no plan B

Hopefully Scott Johnson may bring the Plan B and C will need to wait and see.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Duckman – I think as a coach Robinson is acceptable if conservative. A a selector tho he has made so many fundamental errors and it has cost us wins. For tht reason he must go. Look how much Deluca imporved things when he came on? Look at the guys who have scored and made the tries – almost all players Robinson did not want to play

ijs445ra

Blackadder would be a good choice, but not sure he would take the job, is Scotland even a step-up from the Crusaders at this time?

it would be a gamble for sure – but with the players we have Scotland could do well. If he took Scotland to a 6N win and 6th in the world how good would that look on his CV and its not an impossible task given 3 or 4 years

Scott Johnson – another failure who has proved he does not have it.

duckman

I think Johnston is the biggest charlatan in NH rugby. Brings nothing at all to the game and a failure in Wales.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I see we are not S Johnson fans then :-).

Rumoured to be coming in on £200k a year as well!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why does the SRU persist with known failures? Robinson had found his level with Edinburgh and was doing well there

duckman

What has Johnston done to earn that? Jings;I dispair of the SRU at times,and I am part of it 😕

toys19
    Free Member

Scanning discussion here I have a few comments.

1) Phillips I always think gives the slowest ball in history, its Priestland who is wales ball handling hero, and phillips was rubbish on sat, until priestland went off, then he was awesome.

2) Scoltand looked like Harrier jump jet with Miss Daisy at the wheel, loads of good kit and ability but it was being driven badly.

3) France will win the 6N, beating ireland england and then wales..

duckman

Wales for a 6N/possibly slam. I thought Priestland had a poor game by his standards,but I also thought Philips was a bit slow. I don’t think Priestl and will play as poorly again,and I thought Phillips tried to do too much on Sat, almost like he had a personal score to settle.

toys19
    Free Member

As AA keeps telling me, I know nothing about rugby. Nevertheless I observed that pretty much every time Phillips picks up the ball from a scrum/breakdown whatever, he takes a few steps and can’t make his mind up. I think this is not what Wales want?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Was at an Ospreys game a few years ago and the Osprey fans round about kept calling him “5 Step Philips” i don’t think he is much liked as a player or person.

toys19
    Free Member

The Guardians Paul Rees, I always thought he was welsh? Anyway his individual player ratings today tally England up to have played better than Wales, despite losing. Despite being an England fan I found this assessment quite unfair.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/feb/25/england-wales-player-ratings

toys19
    Free Member

Was at an Ospreys game a few years ago and the Osprey fans round about kept calling him “5 Step Philips” i don’t think he is much liked as a player or person

Yeah I think I have heard this too, seems funny as he did play well otherwise. Anyway long may it continue, if Philips could provide consistent quick ball then life would be much harder..

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.