Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,888 total)
  • Rugby – 6 nations.
  • duckman

Gosh, that will be an attractive job for somebody; no money to spend and you get to live in Neath.

anagallis_arvensis

So England team? Dickinson and Morgan look set to start, but what about Flood and Tuilagi, both are back from injury.

Wales look like having AW Jones and Warburton back but not sure about North or any of the hookers

anagallis_arvensis

?

Pigface
    Free Member

Be honest TJ haggis don’t spin silk. Dragons turned over Edinburgh this weekend.

Pigface
    Free Member

bumpyglitchyfuckedupthingy

duckman

Haggis don’t spin silk? What does that mean?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I guess reference to this

TandemJeremy – Member

Well Scott Johnson is coming to Scotland to help Robinson make a pigs ear out of a silk purse

Edinburgh really suffer during the 6N loosing most of their first team and having little strength in depth

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17112425

AWJ and Cap’n Hovis back in the side. North is fit to play.

WALES: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, George North; Rhys Priestland, Michael Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Ken Owens, Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Ian Evans, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (capt), Toby Faletau.

Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Ryan Jones, Justin Tipuric, Lloyd Williams, James Hook, Scott Williams.

Happy with that.

meddle
    Free Member

Tempted to put a couple hundred on Wales to win by 5 or more…

Good Welsh line-up, almost 100% full strength side.

wrecker
    Free Member

almost 100% full strength side.

You’ve said it now…

meddle
    Free Member

Sam Warburton to buckle North in training, both out for the rest of the tournament!

I’m waiting until Saturday morning to place any bets just incase.

Kryton57

Wales 30 – England 6. Three tries to Wales and a couple of fortunate penalties for our lot.

That’s as good as I think its going to get.

transapp
    Free Member

I’d pay good money to see Tuilagi get some decent ball against the ‘massive’ welsh backs. If you really want to see a one man wrecking machine, its nothing short of brilliant in full flow.

It’s not going to happen though, I’d be amazed of he gets his hands on the ball.

Wales by 10.

wrecker
    Free Member

I quite agree kryton. I’d like Lancaster to be bold and replace the uninspiring Baritt and Catflap. There will be very few (if any) english tries with those two in place.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dreading the announcement of the Scotland team – apparently Jackson is in the squad so I bet Robbo plays him, laidlaw on the bench, Weir gets dropped.

Scotsman has some leaks as usual – No Matt Scott 🙁

Kryton57

transapp – Member
    I’d pay good money to see Tuilagi get some decent ball against the ‘massive’ welsh backs. If you really want to see a one man wrecking machine, its nothing short of brilliant in full flow.

It’s not going to happen though, I’d be amazed of he gets his hands on the ball.

Wales by 10.

Oh he’ll get his hands on the ball ok, but it’ll be by supporting a ruck or in such a linear/obvious fashion that he’ll be tackled before he can make a step.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Wlase – could be their best chance to post a cricket Score on england – of wht I have seen so far Wales are the most likely to score and England have created nothing.

Tuilagi is a good player but a bit one dimensional and a dirty player.

Kryton57

wrecker – Member
    I quite agree kryton. I’d like Lancaster to be bold and replace the uninspiring Baritt and Catflap. There will be very few (if any) english tries with those two in place.

That is an issue. They also need to learn to support the ball carrier – one man attacks won’t work, I’m still at a loss as to how Engliush international rugby appears to have forgotten this.

boxfish
    Free Member

Wales by 1 score.
    They’re not as good as the media will have you believe.

wrecker
    Free Member

Unlucky for mearsy, Charlie Brooker has had a call up. Both very nice guys, Charlie might be the first person from our club to get a England 1st XV cap!

Frankers
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Tuilagi is a good player but a bit one dimensional and a dirty player.

Maybe can except comment about one dimensional….. young, lacking maturity and occasional short temper on the pitch but he is certainly not a dirty player

transapp
    Free Member

Come on TJ, that’s more ‘Leicester are dirty cheats’ talk isn’t it? We’ve already done that.Yes I know he hit Ashton, and I don’t blame him!
    One dimensional? OK, he can’t kick well (good long boot, but no precision) but other than that, he’s relativly quick, very strong, good hands, decent passing, draws the defence incredible hand off and hits like a train. Not sure what else you’d want to see? Makes no real differance, he’s not going to get the ball in any space, and I think when he comes out the line to make the smash, he’ll leave a gap that the Welsh backs will use well.
    I have to admit, I am a Tuilagi fan. Not just Manu, but the whole 5 brothers who’ve all played GP and international rugby. That’s a hell of a family!

hels
    Free Member

Tuilagi – isn’t he an illegal immigrant overstaying on a tourist visa ?? Funny how thats OK sometimes.

wrecker
    Free Member

isn’t he an illegal immigrant overstaying on a tourist visa ??

Nope.

toys19
    Free Member

Tuilagi – isn’t he an illegal immigrant overstaying on a tourist visa ?? Funny how thats OK sometimes.

Well there’s 4 players on the Scotland squad from the southern hemi, 70% of the Wales players have a parent from outside the principality (mostly English, Irish and Scots) but this argument is just dull. If the authorities deem them legal to play then they can play. Why not comment on his ability?

anagallis_arvensis

Good Welsh line-up, almost 100% full strength side

3rd choice hooker and 4th choice lock appart, I’d have started with Hook at 15 amd 1/2p on wing as Hooks work as a second distibuter on the edge of the blitzing 13 has been very good. apparently he has chicken pox a the moment so the bench could chage.

Tuilagi is a real threat, certainly would prefer him not to play.

Scamper
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the front row battle.

toys19
    Free Member

Pah I’m dreading it all. This is the least confident I’ve felt about england ever.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have to admit, I am a Tuilagi fan. Not just Manu, but the whole 5 brothers who’ve all played GP and international rugby. That’s a hell of a family!

+1

anagallis_arvensis

I would expect that the front rows will cancel each other out as both tightheads should have the advatage over the looseheads. That said Owens isnt as strong a scrumager as Rees or Bennett and scrumaging is a strength of Hartley. Owens is pretty good at the darts though so hopefully the lineouts will function OK

duckman

Aye, but who is he throwing to? I would expect Lawes to wreck havoc in the Welsh line.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tuilagi should give the England side some go forward they have been missing. Still struggling for creativity inside him tho – Flood does not look to be at his best yet

anagallis_arvensis

Ian Evans and AW Jones are both very capable, Lawes is middle jumper is he not/ Dont think he’ll worry Ian Evans much as long as the chucking in is OK. Ian Evans was pretty damn good against both Ireland and Scotland (scotland game the welsh lineout was good once Owens came on second half). Hartley’s darts have been poor thus far so I’m not too worried about the lineout TBH

stevomcd
    Free Member

Really do expect Wales to put a bucket-load past England. England have been really, really poor so far and were very lucky to sneak wins against equally poor Scottish and Italian sides.

Don’t expect Tuilagi to make much difference – agree with TJ that he’s pretty one-dimensional. Strong runner, but doesn’t seem to offer much creativity, either for the players outside him or to beat a man himself (other than running over the top of him…).

toys19
    Free Member

stevomcd, this is pretty much the way I feel. I wish we had an Englishman who is anything like George North.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I think Wales will dominate the match and win comfortably but not by a huge number maybe a similar scoreline to the one they beat Scotland by. The 6 Nations very rarely throws up massive beatings (on the scoreboard at least) these days.

I don’t think Jackson will start for Scotland think Robinson will stick with Laidlaw. Close match, winner by less than 7 and could go either way.

Ireland to beat Italy by 6-12 points

hels
    Free Member

I believe Tuilagi was an overstayer, 6 years on a tourist visa, and was in line for depoartation, not sure how he wriggled out of that one. Got arrested in NZ at the World Cup too. It stinks to high heaven… more so than Zola Budd…

DaRC_L

😳 I’ve just won tickets for Twickers, my son is already plumbing the depths/winding me up with his great-grandma being Welsh.

I’ve told him that still doesn’t qualify him to support Wales. He’ll just have to MTFU, although my inner fantasist is still hopeful that Robshaw and co will win. 😆

hels
    Free Member

In fact I am going to lower the tone and say it’s cheating to defraud the immigration system in this way to get good players. Unless the All Blacks do it of course, in which case it is heroic.

wrecker
    Free Member

I believe Tuilagi was an overstayer

Bit different to;

an illegal immigrant overstaying on a tourist visa ??

I don’t think they made allowances for him and it certainly doesn’t stink. Have a look at some UK immigration cases, they cannot even deport rapists, murderers and known terrorists.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,888 total)

The topic ‘Rugby – 6 nations.’ is closed to new replies.