Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • Kryton57

😬

I think this is going to go a similar way for EJ over the next couple of hours…

gauss1777
    Free Member

Mark Nawaqanitawase certainly looked special.

He’s got to go surely!

I’m not sure he will, but feel he should. In no small part because there’s something unlikeable about him. It’s always someone else’s fault according to him. Short term replacement until after the World Cup.

Dai Flanagan for temporary Wales coach – no doubt lacks experience, but comes across as likeable- I’d take that at the moment!

Twodogs
    gauss1777
    Free Member

RIP Doddie, very sad.

onehundredthidiot

Very sad was quite pally with his brother, Tam, when I was at Gala.

anagallis_arvensis

That’s shit news, poor bloke RIP

In other news Malherbe flips Vunipola in the scrum and gets pinged…how?

onehundredthidiot

S

Kryton57

I popped in to post about how turgid England look, but cannot give a toss beyond the Doddie news. How sad, RIP Doddie you gave us some great Rugby.

joelowden

RIP big lad 😕😕

desperatebicycle

Doddie has a thread now. So I think I’m safe to say. England are bleedin awful.
    I had hopes for this game too. Still, at least they don’t set us up for a surprise, like Wales eh? 😆

anagallis_arvensis

England’s cheerleader in chief clapping like hell over a SA knock on whilst losing 24-6!!

desperatebicycle

Jeez. Imagine getting smacked in the head by that bloke! Most of us would be dead!

anagallis_arvensis

If the ref blew the whistle when it went down that bloke wouldn’t have got broken

tjagain

Would the English and Welsh fans like to share the scots large plate of steaming pure mince?

Kryton57

England outplayed, plus penalties, plus dropped balls, plus no attack to worry anyone. Farrel injured but STILL on the pitch. If they are hiding something they are doing bloody well.

Nothing answered here before the 6N, what 6 more games before the 6N? Need to see 2023 through, and get rid of EJ.

joelowden

… a fair cuffing but… south Africa weren’t too shabby .
    England look directionless which they seem to do quite frequently.

anagallis_arvensis

Would the English and Welsh fans like to share the scots large plate of steaming pure mince?

Let’s be honest here Wales are miles behind Ireland, way behind England and would need to improve a lot to give Scotland a game. We have only won 3 from 12 this year and have lost at home to Italy and Georgia

tjagain

An interesting stat from the England game. Smith touched the ball 7 times. JVP made 40 odd passes so england had some ball but why did the playmaker 10 not get it? Farrell got the ball 17 times

I find this really odd. Pick a playmaker with that bit of magic but not give him the ball

anagallis_arvensis

I find this really odd. Pick a playmaker with that bit of magic but not give him the ball

I suspect the idea is that Smith gets the front foot ball, if it’s static than the 9 just gives it to forwards to try to gain momentum. England got munched up front so Smith got no ball.

duckman

Would it be kicking the English supporters while they are down to mention the Saffers were at least 5 players down on their 1st choice XV? ( for context I support whoever are playing SA, even when it is Engerland)

tjagain

I suspect the idea is that Smith gets the front foot ball, if it’s static than the 9 just gives it to forwards to try to gain momentum. England got munched up front so Smith got no ball.

Then how come Farrell got twice as much ball?

anagallis_arvensis

Then how come Farrell got twice as much ball?

Farrell gets the shit ball, Smith stands deeper behind the forward pod to organise the attack behind the screen. It lets him attack a bit wider when they get front foot ball

onehundredthidiot

Farrell still calling the ball to himself even though carrying an injury. Or EJ going for truck it into traffic to tie in defenders then open out to Smith.

Itoje caused that big ruckus by holding.

tjagain

Fair enough AA

Kryton57

EJ in the news saying he does care for the critism, and that he’s happy we are creating a good base for the World Cup. 😳

He goes on to say we need to be stronger, better and faster. So said every Rugby coach across the land, I’m glad he’s around to give our international team such enlightenment…

tjagain

Harder better faster stronger?

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff just beat Sharks 35:0 in Durban and yet Carre cannot get in the Wales squad ahead of Rhodri Jones who is, frankly awful and Botham or Young’s are behind the useless MacLeod. Seb Davies is behind some 19 year-old beanpole who has played about five pro games. Meanwhile Dregs put in a good fight v the Lions but Moriarty or Wanwright are also behind McLeod???

Friday night McNicol put in a cracking performance in defeat but Calamity Cuthbert (who’s first game of the season was v NZ) and the ghost of 1/2p past are in the squad. 1/2p was the only 15 in the squad and didn’t actually manage to start a game FFS!

Has Pivac gone yet?

Kryton57

Has Pivac gone yet?

on a similar note, the RFU are launching a 2 week investigation into the Autumn series and England s year. Yes they’ve done it before, but this time these are not saying that they back Eddie Jones – who himself has now put his hand up to not preparing the Team properly for SA.

It’s turning into a farce.

onehundredthidiot

EJ threw England under the bus last WC sacrificing the 6N because 6N wasn’t important.
    They need to decide what’s important and worth playing flat out for.
    Comes back to the question about autumn series not being fully capped internationals.
    The window needs looking at too. RFU take England players out of prem team for window but other nations players are in the prem.

Kryton57

I don’t see how the mentality of the team is good when ultimately you aren’t winning consistently and don’t have the faith or confidence to do so.

tjagain

Cardiff just beat Sharks 35:0 in Durban

That is a fabulous win. Dunno what the team was like ( had they lost loads to the SA squad? ) but not many teams will do that

anagallis_arvensis

Dunno what the team was like

Me neither, couldn’t tell you what their first team should look like tbh and the commentary was in wibble of which I understand almost nothing. Thomas Young was Seren y gem that’s all I can tell you!!

Twodogs

So, if you were Scott Robertson, would you taken the Welsh job, or the English job? (Or neither)

tjagain

Scotland of course with a name like that 🙂

Twodogs

Not sure that one’s up for grabs 😂

tjagain

Should be! anyway he should wait until it is. a much better job 😉

gauss1777
    Free Member

Personally I’m not keen on Gatland coming back to Wales as a temporary appointment until the World Cup. He should leave his legacy as it is. I do think he could do a good job, in the time available, for England however.

Twodogs

Certainly pays more, allegedly

Twodogs

Personally I’m not keen on Gatland coming back to Wales as a temporary appointment until the World Cup. He should leave his legacy as it is. I do think he could do a good job, in the time available, for England however.

It would be a sticking plaster to give (hopefully) a respectable result at the world cup but it wouldn’t take Wales forward long term. I’m not sure what the answer is but I’m fairly sure it isn’t Pat Lam or Steve Borthwick (allegedly in the mix According to the Westerm Mail/Wales Online)

duckman

Robertson has a good agent I suspect. NZ have had a patchy year, I wonder if he is being touted for international roles so he gets one closer to home. Where the team wear black;and the job is based under Oz;on a couple of islands.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.