Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • ransos
    Free Member

I didn’t see that coming!

anagallis_arvensis

England looked a different team when they decided to run not kick. NZ overplayed in their own half in the second half.

olddog

That was a great game. England much better after the subs. Could have won if they had been more clinical with attacks in first 60 mins

tjagain

Surely we can finally agree that Russell is Scotland’s 10 now and if Toonie doesn’t like it Toonie can collect his P45.

The Fans all know that!

having said that that is the best performance by Russell since the england game last 6N. He did look out of sorts the rest of the series but IMO it was because he was being told to play a game plan he does not believe in

today we saw a load of strike moves off first phase which was good and we saw Russell creating space for the backs outside him in a way few others in the rugby world can

duckman

England lucky they got as long as they did to place the ball for the first try.

anagallis_arvensis

Great defence by Ireland if this were Wales v Aus it would be about 50 nil by now

dantsw13

I’m overseas so can’t watch todays games. I’m hoping the Ire v aus game is better than the scoreline suggests??

Caher

I’m hoping the Ire v aus game is better than the scoreline suggests??

Nah, not really. Very clunky as the commentators said.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m hoping the Ire v aus game is better than the scoreline suggests??

Not really

Caher

Mark Nawaqanitawase is going to be some player though.

anagallis_arvensis

Mark Nawaqanitawase is going to be some player though.

Bloody hell yes, awesome

Wales Next fixtures

Australia (h)
    Ireland (h)
    Scotland (a)
    England (h)
    Italy (a)
    France (a)

World Cup Warm Ups
    England (h)
    England (a)
    South Africa (h)

World Cup
    Fiji
    Portugal
    Australia
    Georgia

We might heat Portugal!
    Has Pivac been sacked/resigned yet?

onehundredthidiot

There’s also a ridiculous try in the Italy match. Long time to place the ball after the tackle is completed.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Bloody hell yes, awesome

Wales Next fixtures

Australia (h)
    Ireland (h)
    Scotland (a)
    England (h)
    Italy (a)
    France (a)

World Cup Warm Ups
    England (h)
    England (a)
    South Africa (h)

World Cup
    Fiji
    Portugal
    Australia
    Georgia

We might heat Portugal!
    Has Pivac been sacked/resigned yet?

Yikes. The Fiji game is the first in which Wales might be considered favourites. However, I fear Fiji will be considerably stronger at the World Cup, with all their top players, longer time together and a neutral ground 😱
    I think we’ll comfortably beat Portugal though 😏

Dump Pivac and get a random person off the street to do the job, I struggle to believe they’d be any worse.

onehundredthidiot

Should the autumn internationals stop being full capped games?
    It’d allow young talent into the game alongside the big boys and might give second tier teams a better chance at development. Where’s the surprise in the WC we’ve seen the favourites all play each other in the 6 month lead up albeit with differing levels of preparation and fatigue.

tjagain

I think the top tier teams should be obliged to play second tier teams regularly. So for AIs in the NH georgia / romania should play regular games and SH should play against pacific islands / japan. This is how Italy got promotion to the 6N – for a decade they regularly played autumn internations against most of the then5N sides

I have also come round to the notion that there should be a playoff between the bottom team in the 6N and the top team in the second tier european comp for a place in the 6N. I don’t believe the 6N should be expanded but this gives the likes of georgia a chance to progress.

I think the two measures together gives rugby a chance to spread and grow

gauss1777
    Free Member

I don’t believe the 6N should be expanded but this gives the likes of georgia a chance to progress.

I think the two measures together gives rugby a chance to spread and grow

Out of interest would you allow South Africa into this mix?

tjagain

No. they belong in the SH comps.

I would also do similar for the SH – make it obligatory for them to play their 2nd tier teams in warmups and once those second teams get some wins then a play off for the final place

anagallis_arvensis

Dump Pivac and get a random person off the street to do the job, I struggle to believe they’d be any worse.

He’s **** clueless, when was the last time we played 3 opensides? Oh yes when we lost to Fiji

Wainwright, Moriarty and Botham, a much better backrow than yesterday and none of them in the squad.
    We ended up with a front five of RJONES can’t get a game for the Ospreys, B Roberts an honest trier for the Dregs but not up to it physically, Wainwright who has played about 10 pro games, he can’t get a game for Saracens, DJones was it? a 19 year old beanpole and Beard who is ok.

and apparently Tshinza was fit but not picked and can’t play next week.

Kryton57

England looked a different team when they decided to run not kick.

Is it optimistic of me to think England are STILL playing their old tactics? Giving such a dangerous side as much ball as they’d like and sending one out runners to be done in the ruck seems to be a losing strategy. In the second half the kept hold of it and – dare I say with Youngs on the pitch – recycled the ball faster to run it in. You cannot win at rugby without the ball, it’s a fundament basic.

Was the finishing game the new tactic – change the side who are tired with 10 to go with the NZ usp of being the side that hammers people in the last 10?

Or, more likely it’s just luck that it worked out that way.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well I have given it some thought and the Welsh performance was shameful.

bob_summers

Dump Pivac and get a random person off the street to do the job

Rassie might be available soon…

If only Wales would show about one tenth of the passion and direction the league squad showed at the RLWC

5plusn8
    Free Member

Philosophical point – My long held love/hate relationship with the welsh team tells me this.
    There is a national passion where the players are capable of raising thier game to the level required, to the max vs England. How many times have a written off welsh side done incredible things. I think they call it “heart”.
    Conversely, like many teams, will drop the ball for a duff game and I think foolishly the Georgia fixture was seen as such. I expect they thought it was gonna be a riot and possibly got a bit of shock when Georgia actually turned up.
    Finally a charitable vision of Pivac is that he was experimenting for a non important result.

I am the last person to write them off and I fully expect them to embarrass us in 6N. Buck up you Taffys it isn’t as bad as you think.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales: Halfpenny; Cuthbert, North, Hawkins, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams, G Thomas, Owens, D Lewis, Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Morgan, Tipuric (capt), Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, R Jones, Francis, Carter, Macleod, Hardy, Priestland, Adams.

Hopefully they can lose badly enough for Pivac to get sacked…not sure how Adams got dropped.

5plusn8
    Free Member

You’ve got OZ? Bad luck they have been shyte. They have a massive injury crisis. You’ll probably win.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ladbrokes have Wales as 8/11 faves vs Oz at 5/4.

anagallis_arvensis

Bad luck they have been shyte.

They were very good v Ireland, just a shame all their players broke

anagallis_arvensis

1/2p lost his false teeth before kick off so Adams in at 15.
    Advance Australia fair….put Pivac away please

anagallis_arvensis

Bloody Aus, they should be surfing not playing this game

Kryton57

Looking good so far!

anagallis_arvensis

Looking good so far!

That depends on what you want out of the game!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

1/2p lost his false teeth before kick off

harsh 😂

so Adams in at 15

I was surprised when they chose to play LRZ at 15 over Adams. As exciting as LRZ is, Adams is the better all round player imho. I guess it would be advantageous to wales for both to be able to play either wing or fullback, as necessary. I presume it won’t be long before LRZ, Dyer, Adams are first choice back three. (Dyer not having a great day today so far, but he will surely benefit from the experience).

That depends on what you want out of the game!!

Realistically, what do we want from this game? I fear that the way things are going, Wales will become a bottom half 6 nations team for the next couple of decades.

Twodogs

Wales are brilliant aren’t they. Probably favourites for winning the RWC off the back of this performance.

anagallis_arvensis

Realistically, what do we want from this game?

Coach sacked

gauss1777
    Free Member

Realistically, what do we want from this game?

Coach sacked

Amen to that!

anagallis_arvensis

Sad for Anscombe he’s had no luck

anagallis_arvensis

Pivacs door opening

gauss1777
    Free Member

Coach sacked

he doesn’t look so comfortable now 😉😂

anagallis_arvensis

He’s got to go surely!

desperatebicycle

Er… what ransos said at the top of this page!
    Ridiculous.

tjagain

Are you Scotland in disguise?

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.