Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

Gulp. Here we go. Hoping Wales play better than against Ireland last year 🤞🤞

pondo

Not thus far… 🙂

gauss1777
    Free Member

😭😭

gauss1777
    Free Member

For **** sake, this is absolutely grim. Pivac must be pissing himself.

This is the ideal first game for Ireland. A tough workout with a comfortable win, will set them up perfectly.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well this really isn’t going well, expected a bit more than this.

anagallis_arvensis

That’s an awful decision

anagallis_arvensis

Well this really isn’t going well, expected a bit more than this.

Yep, bit shit. Second half has been better but too often forcing it in the Ireland 22

olddog

When Wales got their defence organised in 2nd half it was a contest. But the Welsh attack was very poor, no midfield runners so ended up with throwing a wide ball to whichever punter was stood there isolated. Throwing a looping ball to Ken Owens 15 metres from any support…

ElVino

Wales not as far away as the score line suggests, Porter was a penalty machine in the second half, almost helped Wales back into it by himself. pity as I thought he was a likely MOM after first half.

gauss1777
    Free Member

😀 excellent
    Scotland do a good job of coming up with ‘quirky’ set plays. Beautifully executed.

anagallis_arvensis

Now that is a try!!!

Kryton57

Sinfield has work to do, Farrell, ffs. But form players let loose seems to be an improvement. They are playing with a will to score rather than to an EJ plan is so much better. We could be a good team eventually.

I think Scotland may edge this. VDM, just wow what a try!

dantsw13

Van dM is a beast, but Englands defence is a bit shonky.

Great game though – good to see both teams going full on.

Scotland getting away with a few yards on their kick off chases, but if the ref lets you, why wouldn’t you!

tjagain

VDM, just wow what a try

Be still my beating heart!

I think Scotland may edge this

Doubt it.  England to pull away in the final 1/4

olddog

Good game so far. Lots of good attacking intent from both sides. England actually using the outside backs for a cuange

kennyp
    Free Member

Great game so far (and what a try) but I think England are looking the stronger of the two. Russel not having his best game and too many turnovers. Hope I’m wrong though.

anagallis_arvensis

Van poorvliwt is garbage!

duckman

Not as bad as the commentary, be nice if the master race analysts could tell the Scotland players apart.

anagallis_arvensis

be nice if the master race analysts could tell the Scotland players apart.

At least they can recognise the saffas!!

fazzini

Van poorvliwt is garbage!

Can’t quite understand the selection tbh. (Leicester connection aside). And Ben Curry is no Tom Curry. (Just my opinion.)

dantsw13

Barclay is a really good analyst on R5.

anagallis_arvensis

Sometimes I wonder if Scotland actually want to win!

Kryton57

Great work Scotland, but Englands defence is worse than U14!

ads678

Good game that, well done Scotland.

olddog

That was fun

duckman

Good game, England looked much better than Autumn tests, momentum will start to build for them soon enough. But it was our day, both teams very evenly matched but DvM was a cheat code today.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Congratulations Scotland, such a great feeling winning at Twickenham.

tjagain

Duhan is bloody good  pace and power.  No other winger on the park would have scored his tries

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Duhan is bloody good pace and power. No other winger on the park would have scored his tries

That second try was a great team buildup to a ‘beast mode’ finish

kennyp
    Free Member

There’ll be a big giraffe looking down from heaven with a smile on his face tonight.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Good game to watch – England looked a bit more ‘free’ than they have for a while.

duckman

Dead clever from Townsend,the idea was to drag England all over the pitch. Townsend winning clever and no Darcey scoring! Teej, we are in Cloisters from 9pm if you want to drown your sorrows at such a double whammy! 🤓

Bear
    Free Member

Great game of rugby, the score reflected the game Scotland just edging the contest.
    England defence poor at times, and attack became disjointed but that’s to be expected with new coaching and systems. Nice to see them play with tempo and more heads up rather than wait for people to be stood on their X because they are to scared to be dropped for not doing it the Eddi way.
    But Scotlands day for sure, they have a inner belief that some of their supporters so buy into!

tjagain

We’ve been here before.   After all its only England we beat.  🙂

Need to back it up now.  But what a good performance and toonie did indeed get the tactics right.  Our forwards hardly carried at all, good breakdown work, the backs looked sharp and they looked like a team with belief.  Maybe it is our year?

Its the hope that kills you !

Caher

A very satisfying and enjoyable day for the more casual rugby fan.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Exciting match.

But what were we really watching?

Two Bald men fighting over a comb.

BruceWee

Ever the cry when Scotland (a country of 5 million who don’t really play rugby much) beats England (a country of 60 million who not only invented but actually own the game).

Nope, a bald man wrestled the comb from the beautifully maned lion and is now waving his unshaven ball sack in the lion’s face while the lion pretends it doesn’t really matter because neither combatant was really on top form.

Feel bad about yourselves. You should.

gordimhor

I watched the match in the pub so was thankfully spared the commentary. Nice to see Scotland be ruthless with their chances for a change. We can play better though. England had too many defensive errors and poor kicking at conversion attempts.

ico86

BruceWee

Ever the cry when Scotland (a country of 5 million who don’t really play rugby much) beats England (a country of 60 million who not only invented but actually own the game).

Nope, a bald man wrestled the comb from the beautifully maned lion and is now waving his unshaven ball sack in the lion’s face while the lion pretends it doesn’t really matter because neither combatant was really on top form.

Feel bad about yourselves. You should.

Thats the spirit, lovely to see such sportsmanship.

My observation is that the Scots really care about their rugby and do play it quite a lot. Great game, Scotland edged it and both teams have positives and negatives to take. I was a bit gutted with the loss initially but now glad that it was a compelling game as he only thing worse than watching a loss is watching crap game and realising that you can’t get that 80 minutes back.

duckman

Thats the spirit, lovely to see such sportsmanship.

While Bruce can be a bit blunt, he is right though,it is usually about England not playing well (seems to be Marcus Smith fault this morning) and not about getting beaten by a better team. Borthwick got schooled yesterday, as soon as Jones was on the team sheet it was clear how we were going to play.However your press and the comments on social media are all about England throwing it away…oh; and poor Smith.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.