Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,484 total)
  • Rugby 22-23 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

Bloody hell Osprey where did that come from?

Kryton57

Borthwick (Head) and Sinfield (defence) to be confirmed as England coaches tomorrow.

onehundredthidiot

Hamish Watson “stood down” from rugby due to a series of head knocks. Toonie doesn’t know if he’ll be back playing.

anagallis_arvensis

That’s shite, hope he is ok. The game still needs serious change

dantsw13

Yep. The current red card regime hasn’t really changed behaviour at all. Forwards constantly smashing into rucks and tackle zones head first must add up over time.

I would like to see a total team weight limit for pro rugby. The supersizing of modern players is crazy. You want 2 monster props? That’s fine but you will need to balance that elsewhere in your squad.

duckman

WRU are allowing 12 a side games to be played to get the season finished, apparently 200 games cancelled because of lack of players this year. It’s the same up here, my local leagues have lost 2 teams and will lose two more this season. Is this the same in England with its greater population density?

5plusn8
    Free Member

i just think tackling should be belwo the waist. Yellow for waist to nipples, red for above.

gordimhor

Well well Edinburgh,out fought by the Warriors, in the second half. Edinburgh 25- Glasgow 32

anagallis_arvensis

Marlee given a two week ban for his latest bout of bellendry he has

also been ordered to give a presentation to a local club or school, and to a Premiership academy, on the core values of the game.

What are these racial abuse? Sexual assault?

duckman

I’m not sure about that one AA; remarks like that have gone on for ever. I have never found him or the stuff he spouts especially funny or edgy and his gypsy boy comments were disgusting,although a surprising number on here defended them. His remarks were tasteless; especially as the players Mother was ill, but I don’t like that being sanctioned with a ban.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY

West is best…TJ; get it right up you!

tjagain

WE thought we would be kind and let you win for once – bloody soapdodgers

onehundredthidiot

Given Marler is setting himself up as an advocate for mental health he does himself no favours. If you watch any prem match he’s playing in he spends a lot of time niggling folk, pulling them back, blocking, being mouthy. He definitely knows his star is waning and is going to be the player that was good but now is a just a dick.

gordimhor

WE thought we would be kind and let you win for once

On reflection my earlier post should have just said Nah, nah nah nah nah nah ☺️

tjagain

😉

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure about that one AA

I know what you mean and kind of agree, he’s still a bell end though! It’s the punishment that makes him have to give a talk on ‘rugby valyes’ to kids that strikes me as particularly stupid!
    I wouldn’t want the **** anywhere near my son spouting that shite…anyway, as I always tell him the best way to annoy aggressive **** is to laugh at them! I was so proud when earlier this season some kid got up swinging after my boy tackled him and my boy looked confused then asked him if he was ok and if he needed a hug!!

anagallis_arvensis

What pisses me off here is that uses the red is completely **** deaf why is he asking what started it?

onehundredthidiot

It’s ok though he managed to apologise in twitter.

duckman

Yeah,first time I have heard it and that is piss poor, certainly worth a yellow. For all the folk on the Twitter thread suggesting it’s part of the game,it wasn’t when I played or whistled, especially as you moved up in standard.You would get the odd personal insult, but nothing like that. His previous was taken into account; so why isn’t he in the actual jail?

Anyway, happy new year everybody, I’m off with the roadies for #doddieaid then a dook in the sea my eldest convinced me was a good idea.

Teej; we are visiting Edinburgh for a couple of days this week, is Murrayfield open for a tour? I fancy getting my pic taken with the 1872 cup. It will be in Edinburgh,right?

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah,first time I have heard it and that is piss poor, certainly worth a yellow

Had the red just told him to shut it a lot of hassle could have been saved.

anagallis_arvensis

Liam Williams returns for Cardiff today, shame LRZ seems out of six nations. Going to be really interesting to see what Garland does with the team. Does he gamble on the likes of Grady and Hawkins as centres in the hope that they can make the grade in time for the world cup? Who backs up Biggar at 10 Owen Williams looks the best bet at the moment which is a massive turn up for the books. At least we can be pretty sure Gatland won’t pick 3 7’s in the backrow but not sure Tipuric and Jac Morgan will fit in a Gatland backrow, we could see Tipuric on way out.
    Dewi Lake is back for Ospreys too, if he can get his lineout chucking sorted he will be a massive boost for Wales.

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys hold on to beat Cardiff.
    Some proper punches in the Scarlets Dregs game….Kalamifoni sent off, Moriarty yellow

ElVino

Any of our Scottish contingent care to comment on the Ben Healy to Scotland story that is in the Irish rugby press. Decent player could be great if he added a bit of running threat to his passing range and huge boot, he is an impressive physical specimen but often doesn’t play to his size, he did however when crashing over in the 80th minute to hand Munster a rare win away win Vs Ulster on NYD.
    Healy try hands win to Munster

tjagain

I doubt it.   I have not even heard of Healy being a Scotland target,  What would he bring that Russell, Hastings, Kinghorn, thompson do not?  Same as Cooney.  IMO its self promotion

duckman

Not heard that either.

tjagain

To say nothing of what POM would do to him 🙂

tjagain

Just read up a bit on Healy.  Looks like its being discussed that he could play for one of the scots clubs as both could do with another fly half that is not going to be away at internationals.  Maybe the carrot of qualifying for scotland has been dangled but I do not see him getting a game for scotland

ElVino

Seems to have legs, Cooney definitely is self promotion but Healy hasn’t said anything publicly, Graham Rowntree a man not known to wild speculation pretty much confirmed their interest. Good luck to him if he goes for it, not like we in Ireland can claim any high moral ground.

tjagain

Healy confirmed as coming to Edinburgh.  That I am fine with.  I don’t want him parachuted into the Scotland team tho.  I am still hoping the idea of a scotland squad place is a carrot dangled to him rather than a firm promise

ElVino

Healy confirmed as coming to Edinburgh. That I am fine with. I don’t want him parachuted into the Scotland team tho. I am still hoping the idea of a scotland squad place is a carrot dangled to him rather than a firm promise

Is that him in particular or anyone newly arrived and qualifying through Granny rule? Interested as we regularly have the same debate in Ireland about players like Mack Hansen which pretty much disappear if they go on to perform well in International team. Latest debate is about Antoine Frisch or Tony Fresh as he is now being called in Munster.

tjagain

Its clear that he is coming to Scotland because he can’t get a place in the Irish team and wasn’t the starter 10 at Munster.  If he actually wanted to play for Scotland then this would not be how he went about it.  Its obviously his second choice

thats my issue.  i want players who commit to the country.  WP Nel style not Martin Leslie style

onehundredthidiot

Farrell looking at another citing for shoulder to head. Probably get away with it as he did his usual of “hurting” himself whenever he thinks it’s dodgy.

tjagain

Did he not get a red for that?  Its as clear as can be.  Upright and direct shoulder to head

onehundredthidiot

Nope Karl Dickson said that as phase was over they couldnt look at it. I guess he’ll be doing his “how many phases” homework this week.

tjagain

Edinburgh have just served up a large steaming pile of mince just beating Zebre in the last phase of the game.

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff Scarlets actually been a decent game first half!!

saucemerlin
    Free Member

That Farrell tackle is massively out of order as you can see the downward turn of the elbow as he deliberately uses his shoulder. Farrell was being wound up by the crowd all game and we all know he can be a hot-head.

The Saints vs Exeter game is showing the perils of long studs at the moment. Great for not falling over, but not so good for knee/ankle ligaments with a combined 35 stones of rugby player pushing on them whilst the foot is anchored in the turf.

onehundredthidiot

The shed will ee-awr anyone who messes up and especially if you show signs it gets to you.

anagallis_arvensis

How did Christ and Jenkins go?
    Scarlets beat Cardiff, I have now officially joined the Mason Grady for Wales campaign

w00dster

It’s tough with the new laws regarding tackling. As a shorter player myself that was one of the ways we would try and knock a larger heavier player backwards….or try to. Both attacker and defender have dipped, defender has then tried to wrap the attacker and drive, the attacking player being about six inches lower than expected gets the shoulder above the permitted height.

I completely get it’s not allowed and should have been a red. I’d put it down to poor skills rather than malicious or the crowd winding him up.

tjagain

His technique has been poor for ever – thats why he is known as shoulder boy.  He hasn’t changed his technique so its more than accidental and in that particular one he tucks his arm – definitely deliberate.  Its well known that if he gets rattled the red mist descends.  its a weakness in his game

he has got away with it much too often.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.