Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,902 total)
  • Rugby 2021-2022 Season
  • olddog

I enjoyed the NZ Ireland game. Pretty much 15 minutes loss of concentration and control by Ireland and the game was list. Such is the attacking power of the AB.

Also need to sort out line-out, can’t give away set price like that

anagallis_arvensis

Pretty shitty move by Hill there. I know it’s all letter of the law stuff a yellow – but given the circumstances I would have red carded both of them

Yeah, ref got it right by the law but to me that was two yellows.
    I dislike Aus a lot in rugby (it’s only a game etc some of my best friends are Aussies!) but England really are horrible niggly dirty ****, if I was an England supporter the antics of Hill and Itoje would be a huge embarrassment..

Aus forwards need to get off the line and stop the English runners on the gainline… Sooner or later even England will manage to make their superiority count.

Kryton57

but England really are horrible niggly dirty ****

Nothing compared to the AB’s this morning. But…

of Hill and Itoje would be a huge embarrassment..

yes, it is especially 13yo Itoje.

tjagain

Hill should have got red . Hair pulling is supposed to be automatic red

Kryton57

Oh dear…

olddog

England really are poor at the moment, with so much potential but no real clue. New coach time?

desperatebicycle

Funny what happens when you pass the ball instead of kicking it away.

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing compared to the AB’s this morning. But…

Funny, I didn’t see any All Blacks trying to scream their heads off at lineouts or pulling anyone’s hair.

Anyway Wales to be thoroughly stuffed later, can’t say I’m looking forward to that.

anagallis_arvensis

This was a few mins earlier than the red card. It wasn’t replayed

tjagain

How did Smith/ Farrell work?

olddog

ABs can be cynical in defense – lots of repeated technical infringement at the breakdown and don’t seem to get carded – but not the general embarrassing shit-housery of England

duckman

tjagain

How did Smith/ Farrell work?

It didn’t; the score line flattered the English.

Kryton57

Funny, I didn’t see any All Blacks trying to scream their heads off at lineouts or pulling anyone’s hair.

As above, they were using everything and anything to slow the ball down in the rucks and moving the scrum illegally, it was pointed out several times in commentary.

Looks like Hill needs a talking to.

It didn’t; the score line flattered the English.

I think I agree with Will Greenwood, Farrell should be sub for Smith and we should have two full time centres. It’s an area lacking any penetration for years, always awaiting Tuilagi to appear for a brief stint.

tjagain

I have never seen any point to Farrell in the centre

anagallis_arvensis

As above, they were using everything and anything to slow the ball down in the rucks and moving the scrum illegally, it was pointed out several times in commentary.

Big difference between that and outright shithousery that England seem to love…hair pulling, bollocks grabbing bunch of morons!

Kryton57

Yeah whatever. We heard you the first time.

duckman

How long are England going to persevere with Farrell at centre though? It isn’t new; they played him outside Ford as well. England set themselves up to bring in their wide backs to 3rd on phase ball with Smith providing the links and that isn’t a bad idea. But the execution isn’t there;the AB’s, France, Ireland all have a plan B. Not beating them up, but if your stated aim is to win the WC then at least one centre who can hold opposition players is a prerequisite. You will win the series and Jones will be a world beater, so as a Scotsman; all the best for the next 2 tests.

Going to be a bad day for the NH teams…but not all bad for rugby in general as the bigoted folau got injured after coming on as a sub for Tonga.

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah whatever. We heard you the first time.

Clearly there’s a big difference between hearing an understanding!

bigoted folau got injured after coming on as a sub for Tonga.

Yeah that was very pleasing.

In other news Wales are doing that thing again where they give me hope just to see it slip through fingers later.

And what’s with the water breaks for the big Saffa Buffalo’s?

olddog

What did AWJ get binned for?

salad_dodger

We’ll have to wait for the South African ref to tell us I guess.

olddog

WTAF is going on

anagallis_arvensis

I had to chuckle when with 15 mins to go the SA commentator said Wales are past masters at running down the clock FFS has if ever seen them play before 😱😱😱

olddog

That was entertaining….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I didn’t even see it, just following on SM, but it sounds like the ref had a shocker there?

anagallis_arvensis

What did AWJ get binned for?

Not rolling away at a guess.

I didn’t even see it, just following on SM, but it sounds like the ref had a shocker there?

Don’t think so…he got most things mostly right but he did seem to overlook any SA niggle and blame Wales for it every time.

olddog

Not rolling away at a guess.

But I’ve never seen a player binned for a technical offence when the other side score from the advantage and the pen isn’t taken

anagallis_arvensis

Dunno, Wales did commit about 240 000 stupid technical infringements in a row…

tjagain

Awj was binned for deliberate cynicl offdide according to the bbc text updates. Yes you dont often see players binned if a try is scored but it should happen more often im

Anyone know a streaming site for the Scotland game? Im not at home and don’t have links.

duckman

It was a dull game TJ, Kinghorn and Hutchison went well enough but the front row and forwards in general got caramelised so a lack of time on the ball and forced errors were common.Cheika seems to have them playing a game that suits their DNA.

tjagain

I found a feed and watched it. Good game i thought but argentina just a bit too good. We couldn’t get enough territory or poseassion. No yellows and no niggle or cynical cheating

anagallis_arvensis

For those that asked this was AWJ yellow

https://m.youtube.com/clip/Ugkx97t7yCxLPcrqgjwsAmc8cbmRQqLZrx96

This could have been a pen the other way on another day

I can’t find Biggars yellow but he was trapped in and moved to allow the ball out but SA milked it to get him a yellow.

anagallis_arvensis

You can see Biggars here briefly, he was trapped in by the legs of the SA player

Shit game though very tense, Zammit got 2 tries and was only passed the ball once! Not sure Adams got a pass all game and I forgot North was playing for large portions of the game!!
    I watched a SA commentary feed, which was hilarious.
    “Jewy Lake”, “the big centre Tompkins” and the aforementioned “Wales past masters at running down the clock”.

Hope Francis is OK, our bench tighthead is likely to be some kid who has played about 1 1/2 games for Saracens second team next week.

TBF to Dillon Lewis, he is properly not good enough at that level but he did OK with a massive shift, Lydiate did much better than expected too, although it was exactly his type of game…also looks like Reffel can be added to our list of decent flankers as well

olddog

I don’t have an issue with AWJ being penalised for what he did to delay release at the first breakdown. Yellow legit because of number of infringements in the red zone. I’ve just never seen it happen when the attacking team scores and the pen wasn’t taken.

If this is a new thing it’s not a bad idea as it will keep it more honest but I’m not sure it is

I thought the Rees Zammit one was marginal – but if a pen always going to be a yellow

In terms of being held in a being pinged – happens all the time and to the SAs yesterday to. Being yellow carded is a bit harsh.

anagallis_arvensis

In terms of being held in a being pinged – happens all the time and to the SAs yesterday to.

Yeah, I felt the ref got it wrong with a lack of feel early on but then he was at least consistent with both sides.

Kryton57

No yellows and no niggle or cynical cheating

😂

anagallis_arvensis

No yellows and no niggle or cynical cheating

and no contest as far as I can see.
    I enjoyed Biggars press conference!

anagallis_arvensis

Regan Grace signs for Racing? Sounds like good news for Wales. Can’t play for England if abroad but can play for Wales if he hasn’t turned down a contract in Wales….or have I made that all up?

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/transferts/2021/transferts-le-racing-92-engage-regan-grace-ailier-gallois-venu-tout-droit-du-rugby-a-xiii_sto9015292/story.shtml

Looks useful:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know there’s so much love for Peter O’Mahony here 😂 but he’s been rolling back the years today.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Congratulations to Ireland!

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’ve not seen much of Regan Grace play, but he has a lovely running style, great feet and awareness of what’s around him. An exciting player to watch.
    What are peoples predictions for the Aus v Eng game?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 1,902 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.