Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,902 total)
  • Rugby 2021-2022 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

Wonder what’s going to happen with the Cardiff and Scarlets squads who are out in SA? Will they be stuck there or have to isolate on return?

tjagain

Aye – its a bit harsh on tthem

duckman

Flights banned so who knows?

tjagain

I have Just heard Ryan Wilson is playing for the barbarians today – a good fit as he deffo is one!

loum
    Free Member

Rob Kearney’s last game today.
    He did alright.

tjagain

Rob Kearney I see as a player who made the absolute best of his talents. Not the most exciting or best player ever but he worked hard at his game and played within his limitations to create a really good career

gauss1777
    Free Member

I have just watched the first 10 minutes of the second half of, SA v Barbarians women’s teams. What do people think about this?
    Edit: the game, not my having just started watching the game.

onehundredthidiot

I’ve figured out why the ABs were so poor last two games. Embarrassing haircuts. They’ll go home get proper haircuts and win every game.

tjagain

Not just the all blacks – for some reason loads of rugby players seem to have dickhead haircuts

onehundredthidiot

As soon as tom dunne stops his charity haircut baths fortunes will improve.

gauss1777
    Free Member

As someone with little to no hair, I say enjoy it while you can.

Comfortable win for Edinburgh it would seem.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Did anyone see this Bridgend try, he chipped it on with his head!

Great try from Bridgend’s Edd Howley yesterday – not often you see a header on a rugby pitch! from rugbyunion

tjagain

Should have been ruled a knock on as it was deliberate.  rules changed a long time ago after NZ were using it as a deliberate tactic to allow forward passes

IIRC

tjagain

Comfortable win for Edinburgh it would seem.

Not really – the pulled away at the end but Dragons were in charge for long periods and even took the lead.  As an Edinburgh fan it was not the comfortable win we should be having even away at Dragons if we want to be contenders

Still – Edinburgh 3rd in the league and playing some good rugby mixed in with total madness in the finnsanity mode from Vellacott

Nice to see Ulster beat Leinster as well – its time someone beat them

Ulster and Leinster look the class acts of theleague

tjagain

Ah – thinking about it as he didn’t use his hands to get the ball in position to header it maybe OK?  I know the tactic the ABs used was not allowed but what they were doing was tossing the ball up and headering it

tjagain

Edinburghs win tho was good if you consider pretty much the entire first team was either rested or injured
    Missing:

1 Schoeman
    2 Mcinally
    3 De Bruin
    4 Gilchrist
    5 Toolis
    6 Ritchie
    7 Watson
    8 Mata

9 Sheil
    10 VDW
    11 Blain
    12 Taylor
    13 Bennett
    14 Graham
    15 Immelman

dove1

Dragons were awful last night. Poor kicking, poor passing, more interest in running sideward rather than forward and way too many penalties given away.
    A couple of worrying injuries to Basham and Dixon didn’t help. Hope they are both ok.

anagallis_arvensis

Cardiff and Munster stuck in SA with Covid cases…Euro cup games screwed?

tjagain

yup and the rest of the URC

I think they wil be able to play the euro games later at the expense of the URC

duckman

Talk of charter flights tomorrow.

anagallis_arvensis

Bloomin Scots 😁
    Obviously Tompkins learnt from his time with Team Wales on how to get players sent off!!

tjagain

I wnder what set him off.  That looked like pay back

surfer
    Free Member

Petulant and deserved red for McGuigan. Disappointing tactics by Sarries the “winding opposition up” thing. No excuse though.

Not surprised that Itoje wasnt penalised for the assault on McGinty at the ruck.

anagallis_arvensis

I wnder what set him off. That looked like pay back

😄😄😄😆😆😆
    Got his hair ruffled!!

tjagain

Nah.  He is not one of the dichead haucut boys!

Cant argue with a red fot that tho

onehundredthidiot

Sarries were on full on wind up mode. Tompkins was a bit shit all game and ruffled mcGs hair but sarries had been dicks before that. He just lost it. Second one isn’t helped by a sarries push which throws his balance. But first part is a red anyway.
    If AJ had been hurt itoje would have been looking down the barrel of a red.
    Sarries crabbing ruck is surely countered by a straight drive when they twist. They’ll lose contact and no longer be part of the ruck therefore offside or if driven past they’ll be swimming up the side.

anagallis_arvensis

Tompkins was a bit shit all game

He is a bit shit!

duckman

I think the TMO might have looked at the second “judo throw” from McGuigan more closely, he was given a hefty shove and to me just thought “you are coming as well” and threw him again. Shouldn’t have been the only car there. I also wondered if Itoje would have been cited come Monday,I thought it was a red when it happened and still do now.
    As for the Salaries crabbing, dead clever; notice they used somebody tall to do it? Swinson and Izeakwe(sp) Cracking way to counter an electric 9 as the spoiler gets in position early and is not factored in to any attempt to turn over or counter drive.

onehundredthidiot

Didn’t look at the other side. I wonder if a crabbing back row leaves space on the other side. Either for 9 or pick and goes.

surfer
    Free Member

3 week suspension for McGuigan

Pigface
    Free Member

Great win for the Ospreys today.

tjagain

Yup – and does the mighty Edinburgh a favour as we stay in second just one point off leinster.  Not a sentence I thought I would be able to say

anagallis_arvensis

Great win for the Ospreys today.

Typical, I decided not to watch them again for mental health reasons after last week’s “effort”.
    How did Anscombe go, I hope he can get back to form but he hasn’t been good yet!

tjagain

Anyone else enjoy Sarries gettng marched back for back chat by Luke Pierce?  20m on one occasion

duckman

That was brilliant, wasn’t it? 20m of running for an oxygen deficient Billy VP was a big ask of him as well!

tjagain

I love this stuff.  Nothing amuses me like a huge forward being told off my a ref a foot shorter and the player looks all penitent ” sorry sir”

bsims
    Free Member

Saw Worcester vs Wasps on Saturday, first time I’ve been to a premiership game for years. Was a good watch, but damn it must be hard work being a Worcester fan – if they don’t have a 30pt lead at 60mins it would seem the result is still up for grabs.

There was some interesting interpretation of knock on and off side from the the ref especially for Wasps. Are they being instructed to be lenient recently?

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets have pulled out of game with Bristol as they can’t field a team. Will be a 28:0 loss. I bet Cardiff do worse with their 4 internationals and 11 kids!!

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,902 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.