Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • BruceWee

Ok, swearing at the ref is fine and anyone who thinks otherwise is a racist does that make you feel better? A key point of rugby is that you respect he
    ref as a player, obviously this is lost on you, fine just dont expect me to agree.

Please point out where I said swearing at the ref was fine. I already said that if he had said the same thing after a dodgy call on a forward pass or some other technical infringement then a yellow or even a red would have been fine.

He’d just been hit by a dangerous tackle and the ref said play on. That’s a major cock up by the ref and he knew it which is most likely why Sinckler didn’t get punished at the time.

The #RugbyValues crowd get a hold of it and all of a sudden it’s a two week ban while other players question the ref’s authority and swear in almost every game.

Rugby still has a racism problem and this is a manifestation of that.

anagallis_arvensis

other players question the ref’s authority and swear in almost every game.

Question the ref, fine, swear, fine. Swear at ref, not fine slapped wrist.
    If racism drove the ban what drove Hartleys red or Parisse’s?

BruceWee

That’s one of the stupider things I’ve heard you say and that’s saying something.

If racism drove the ban what drove Hartleys red or Parisse’s?

I don’t know about Parrisse’s red but to me it doesn’t look like it involved dangerous play.

In Hartley’s case he called the ref a **** cheat and it didn’t involve dangerous play. Forget the swearing, calling the ref a cheat is enough to get you sent off. If you call the ref a cheat you’ve gone beyond questioning his authority and you are saying he cannot referee the game. At that point you have to go off.

I’m a strong believer in respecting the referee’s authority. If the scrum half does an american football pass to the winger who is three feet in touch who then drops the ball, scoops it up, and puts it down a foot short of the line and the referee gives the try then tough shit, it’s a try and you don’t get to question him on the field. Any back chat should be 10 meters and a card if it continues.

The exception to this is dangerous play. If you believe the referee is allowing dangerous play you have a duty to speak up. Sinckler chose the wrong way to do so but he was right to bring it to the ref’s attention and he was proved correct. It was dangerous play and the ref had missed it.

Williams’ showed the worst kind of disrespect towards the ref. He didn’t make a technical infringement, he made a really dangerous charge and could have caused serious injury. He was completely in the wrong, the ref was completely in the right, and he felt the need to challenge his authority anyway.

If a player has that little respect for the safety of his opponents and that little respect for the person who ensures that safety standards are followed then he should have some extra time off to consider his actions.

Instead he was given a reduction for showing remorse.

Anyway, I’m off to bed now.

anagallis_arvensis

The exception to this is dangerous play. If you believe the referee is allowing dangerous play you have a duty to speak up. Sinckler chose the wrong way to do so but he was right to bring it to the ref’s attention and he was proved correct. It was dangerous play and the ref had missed it.

Williams’ showed the worst kind of disrespect towards the ref. He didn’t make a technical infringement, he made a really dangerous charge and could have caused serious injury. He was completely in the wrong, the ref was completely in the right, and he felt the need to challenge his authority anyway.

So the disrespect you can display to the ref depends on what others are doing in the game? Righto!

That’s one of the stupider things I’ve heard you say and that’s saying something.

Whys that then?

BruceWee

So the disrespect you can display to the ref depends on what others are doing in the game? Righto!

I have no idea what you’re trying to say here. It doesn’t bear any relation to what I said.

Whys that then?

Well, obviously I can’t go back through all your contributions to check but it’s so stupid that surely it must be up there amongst the stupidest things you’ve said.

If you’d said many things that are more ill-conceived, immature, and absolutist with no concrete ties to reality I’d be surprised but I’m always open to the idea I could be wrong.

Tom-B
    Free Member

*Ding Ding*

Round 2

tjagain

Cameron Redpath in the Scotland squad. thats a real coup for Scotland

gauss1777
    Free Member

Cameron Redpath in the Scotland squad. thats a real coup for Scotland

From what I’ve seen he looks too be an exciting player.

what is the latest on the 6Nations?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wow! He was fairly ‘English’ for the first 20 years of his life. He had a fairly abrupt departure from Sale….not really seen how he’s been going for Bath, but I’m guessing pretty well if he’s in the Scotland squad.

I have to say, I thought that he was really over rated. He was awful whenever he started for Sale, but was incredibly young. Also, seemed like a 15/10 rather than a centre to me! Actually, the best I ever saw him play was 10 minutes at scrum half when Faf had been sin binned!

anagallis_arvensis

I could be wrong.

Clearly.

Welsh squad looks weak. 3rd choice ospreys Loosehead in squad!! With Nicky Smith and Rob Evans injured we are a bit screwed.

Glad to see Redpath choose Scotland it would have been like Moriarty choosing England had he not!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

apologies

tjagain

From what I hear Redpath was genuinely torn on which country to go for. We all thought he had settled on England but it seems not. I guess silence from Jones helped tip him

duckman

Tom-B Free Member

I know right? Born in France to Scottish parents, almost as English as the VP brothers.

anagallis_arvensis

Born in France to Scottish parents, almost as English as the VP brothers.

Bad example, they are welsh!!

anagallis_arvensis

England Six Nations squad
    Backs: Elliot Daly, Owen Farrell, George Ford, Ollie Lawrence, Max Malins, Jonny May, Paolo Odogwu, Harry Randall, Dan Robson, Henry Slade, Anthony Watson, Ben Youngs.

Forwards: Luke Cowan-Dickie, Tom Curry, Ben Earl, Ellis Genge, Jamie George, Jonny Hill, Maro Itoje, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Joe Marler, Beno Obano, Will Stuart, Sam Underhill, Billy Vunipola, Harry Williams, Mark Wilson.

Shadow squad:
    Charlie Atkinson, Ali Crossdale, Tom Dunn, Charlie Ewels, George Furbank, Joe Heyes, Jonathan Joseph, Joe Marchant, George Martin, Alex Mitchell, Jacob Umaga, Jack Willis.

duckman

AA: My point entirely.

anagallis_arvensis

Harry Randall was welsh qualified but has chosen Mordor I see. Sensible really, 9 is their biggest weakness by far.

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets blues on S4c now. English commentary available too.

Bear
    Free Member

No sanction or even review for leading with forearm and making contact with the head?

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah I was surprised it wasnt looked at, The Blues try looked like a massive forward pass too.
    Jiffy Junior totally outplayed by Ray Lee lo, going to be a long six nations for Wales fans I fear.

anagallis_arvensis

Good away win for Ospreys, amazing the difference a half decent coach makes

tjagain

It was an odd game. Connacht seemed to fade badly or did Ospreys just take a while to get into their stride?

Matt Protheroe looks really handy Seen him a few times this year

anagallis_arvensis

It was an odd game. Connacht seemed to fade badly or did Ospreys just take a while to get into their stride?

Massive homer ref and the Ospreys front row being very much second best let Connacht back in. Changed front row for second half and then dominated them.

Bear
    Free Member

Looked after the ball better too.

tjagain

Its always the ref!

Matt Protheroe? he has impressed me in a couple of game. Is he welsh?

bigblackshed

Matt Protheroe? Is he welsh?

Born in Swansea, played for Hartpury, Gloucester, Bristol, now Ospreys.

Played for England at U18 and U20.

Mercenary decisions will need to be made at some point.

anagallis_arvensis

Maler, Launchbury and Underhill out for England 😟

Bear
    Free Member

Underhill big loss, his tackling allows others to compete for the ball.

anagallis_arvensis

Marler, even though a weapons grade bell end, will be a big loss also, especially with Mako Vunipola out as well.

anagallis_arvensis

Its always the ref!

Tbf having a pro league with a ref who lives a mile from the home teams ground and played for the home team as well as all the assistants being irish is not a good look.
    We need some half decent scots refs to even things up…get those boots on Duckman!!

tjagain

Aye its not a good look. But it is funny how welsh defeat or poor performances are always down to the ref! A rugby forum I am on is full of this. Scotland beating Wales was down to the ref according to them

anagallis_arvensis

But it is funny how welsh defeat or poor performances are always down to the ref

It was a cracking performance, first win away in ireland in ages!

A rugby forum I am on is full of this. Scotland beating Wales was down to the ref according to them

Must be true then, never happens with other teams.

duckman

Never again, haven’t even missed doing local school/club games. Sam Gove-White will be moving up the Scottish ref food chain if he sticks it.

tjagain

With all the injuries withdrawals and discontent in the England camp are the scots favourites yet? Or still dark horses 😉

anagallis_arvensis

I’m sure Andy Nicol thinks so!!

tjagain

Andy Nichol thinks?

anagallis_arvensis

Carwyn Tuipulotu on the bench for Scarlets this weekend.

He might find it tougher playing against grown ups but he does show promise!

anagallis_arvensis

Bristol shredding Bath. Faletau on after 20mins which isnt good for Wales.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Bristol shredding Bath.

Listening to this on radio Bristol – sounds entertaining, especially if you’re a Bristol fan.

anagallis_arvensis

Josh Adams out for 2 games fir being a stupid ****.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55925119

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.