Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,190 total)
  • Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

scotland france now officially postponed to god knows when!

Twodogs

scotland france now officially postponed to god knows when!

i said that an hour ago…keep up!

anagallis_arvensis

Jonathan Davies and Josh Adams included reputation rather than form maybe? Lucky we don’t have any proper 12’s running at them. I’ll be surprised if Navidi lasts long, surely an injury risk?

Equally I’m concerned about Daly vs Rees-Zammit, Daly will be targeted in a foot race with a kick over I feel.

There’s one point in this that might be valid the rest is plain bobbins.

Oh and Liam is a better fullback in every department than 2021 1/2p who is so far past his best its not funny.

J Davies at 12 or even in the 23 is bizarre given how shit he was in his comeback game for Scarlets.
    Adams is a quality winger who has been playing pretty well for Cardiff. Navidi played really well v Ireland for almost the whole game, he may get injured but that’s just the way he plays. Oh and Daly may not be as quick as Zammo, few are but he is a proper quick player!himself.

onehundredthidiot

Farrell is going to fancy going low on JD2, he also is upright to try and strip the ball. He was a good player but I think he’s been overtaken by the last two seasons. He’ll get frustrated and do something silly.

anagallis_arvensis

Oh and I have Stage 3 of The Vueltina Astrias on RGT booked in for 4pm Saturday so when England are 20:0 up after 10mins don’t post expecting me to respond I’ll be watching on catch up.

Shame England picked Ford at ten, I was hoping for a full blown Jones brain fart and see him return Fax to ten!!!

mattyfez

Navidi is probaly my fave Welsh player. He’s always stuck in, plays clean and doesn’t seem to make any mistakes.
    I’m glad to see he’s playing, but I do worry he’s over-doing it, considering past injuries.

Would be nice to see Halfpenny, as he’s a legendary penatly kicker, so that’s a shame, but the new guy kicking in the last Welsh game seems to be potentialy just as good. Some nice new blood on the Welsh side.

bigblackshed

So Wales’s game plan will be to wind Sinkler up, win a penalty, repeat until yellow card?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Shame England picked Ford at ten, I was hoping for a full blown Jones brain fart and see him return Fax to ten!!!

My main hope for a Wales sneaky win was Farrell playing at 10! Now I’m clinging on to Farrell picking up a red card, although Liam Williams just as likely which you can’t say about 1/2p.

IdleJon

So Wales’s game plan will be to wind Sinkler up, win a penalty, repeat until yellow card?

No, we’ve already paid for the red card that Farrell will get, but have not factored in the red card that Loopy Liam will inevitably be given.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ha ha this is so funny, all the partisans think our own teams are going to lose.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Undoubtedly, it’s one of AWJ’s greatest strengths from what I can see. All team’s seem to try this though. I think Sinckler is far less volatile nowadays, but someone else will get attention even if he doesn’t. All Eddie Jones’ talk of passion and brutality has a tendency to send England players into their games a little hot headed imho, on top of the pressure for them to not only win but win emphatically.

Jonathan Davies moves to 12. What skills does a 12 need compared to a 13? It seems common opinion is he’s been off form for a while, but like 100 cap North he is a big game player, hopefully they’ll both be on song.

mattyfez

Spoken like a true England fan 😉

mattyfez

Narrow victory for Wales, I think.

Kryton57

Let’s go for broke, Farrell and Williams to have a punch up and both get red carded.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Let’s go for broke, Farrell and Williams to have a punch up and both get red carded.

This would be fun, they both look brain dead so could probably take loads of punishment.

anagallis_arvensis

I think Sinckler is far less volatile nowadays, but someone else will get attention even if he doesn’t.

True Sinkler has calmed down a lot, was it two years ago he lost the plot? If Genge was starting they’d go after him.

Jonathan Davies moves to 12. What skills does a 12 need compared to a 13?

Davies has been bought in to try and headbut Faz’s shoulder at every opportunity.
    Welsh midfield has the combined passing ability of Abu Hamzar and Dr Richard Kimble’s nemesis.

tjagain

When williams got carded recently the commentators said something like ” I’d ask what he was thinking but I don’t think there is anything much going on upstairs”

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’d ask what he was thinking but I don’t think there is anything much going on upstairs”

Have you read “The inner game of tennis”, the less you think the better you play.

bigblackshed

Spoken like a true England fan 😉

Err, wrong end of the M4. I’ve never been coy about who I support, I’m just a little less one eyed than our myopic brothers-in-arms, TJ, AA, Krytron.

Wales to strangle the life out of the game and win by less than a score. I might start hiding behind the sofa, sans TJ.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales to strangle the life out of the game and win by less than a score

I am hoping so but England could hit form. I expect it will be very tight and error strewn to start with as neither team is playing that well and lacking confidence.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Let’s go for broke, Farrell and Williams to have a punch up and both get red carded

i think your money would be fairly safe on port talbots favourite scaffolder

duckman

Sinkler has calmed down now

Why did he miss the first game again?

anagallis_arvensis

Why did he miss the first game again?

Shouting at the ref, which is absolutely fine and it was just the blazers being **** that got him banned. Good god don’t start him off again!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

duckman

I wonder if AWJ will miss the intimate contact from Joe Marler this year? All those years looking at Marler and thinking he was a bell end and there he is; demonstrating to the whole of the BBC the importance of regular health checks for men. I don’t have any skin in this game but let’s be clear, I want you both to lose. Ideally with an outbreak of a new variant of Covid called “boil inducing Covid.”

Oh and a red card for Wales for a contact please.One-eyed jiffy’s commentary on it would be for the ages. “Yes, I know he decapitated him, but for me the player was dropping.”

IdleJon

Wales to strangle the life out of the game and win by less than a score. I might start hiding behind the sofa, sans TJ.

I’d be ecstatic with a 3-0 win to Wales. Possibly describing it as the game of the decade.

whytetrash

I must be the only Welsh man confident of a decent win! I’m glad Pivac has picked the team he has…. Adams is gonna be desperate to score, LRZ is a try machine, Sanjay offers more in attack than halfpenny and I’m looking forward to JD and North playing together…. England will have to watch that pair and defend a great pair of wings….can’t wait!😊

tjagain

Seeing as Scotland have a weekend off now would you like to borrow Ryan Wilson as “fight director / technical consultant”

Kryton57

Well, thats lucky/unlucky. I had in mind that the England v Wales games was Sunday, which fitted in with my 2 x training rides and then beers Sunday afternoon.

Now that I know its on Saturday I can’t get all drunk and raucous over an England win* 😉

* although it could work out well on the basis alcohol is a depressant….

Scores? 13-15 England.

onehundredthidiot

Does every red card lead to a hats on meeting? Just watched yendal getting a red which was a bit meh (and definitely highlighted by the aggrieved party in a manner which would have been heavily frowned upon not lon ago).

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scores? 13-15 England.

Wales 18-25 England
    Italy 15-15/18 Ireland

tjagain

Does every red card lead to a hats on meeting?

I think so – they have to decide how long a suspension IIRC

tjagain

Is it loopy Liam thats known as Sanjay? why?

duckman

So a win for Fagerson/Scotland, ban stands but allowed to include the two pro12 games in it which he wouldn’t have been playing in.

bigblackshed

Is it loopy Liam thats known as Sanjay? why?

Apparently it was because he looked like the Eastenders character – Sanjay. It’s tenuous at best.

On a related note I was watching a replay of Wales v England 2005, with Shanklin and Flats commentating. Shanklin ran through the Wales team nicknames. Nearly everyone had something other than the typical English job of adding an er, o, or y to the end of their surname. Wilko, Johno, Backyard, etc.

A selection of the Welsh, Melon, Billy Bonfire, Jughead, Nugget, The Count, and the best was Fish Lips – Dafydd Jones.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I really feel for Scotland, they’ve be given the shitty end of the stick in all this. There is talk now however, of the French government pulling France from the Tournament.

Do Italy have a chance today? About 1 in 5 I think, so not too ridiculous to hope for. I’d love to see them win a game sometime soon. So, c’mon Italy.

For me however Wales v England in the 6 Nations is the most exciting game of all. However strong or weak the Wales team is I never see us as favourites, nor truly without hope. So many great games. This has put me even more in the mood:

tjagain

Scots team nicknamnes ( mainly created on a furum I am on but passing into general usage

Ragnar
    Rambo
    Shrek
    Batman
    the crayon
    Big bad bob
    Mish frae the glen or “the mish”
    Mbawsa
    Frodo ( now retired)
    Dancer
    Beaker
    etc etc

gauss1777
    Free Member

Italy 15-15/18 Ireland

Close call on that game 😂😳. Wales v England could go either way as far as I can tell at the moment, I’ve no idea. Still think England are favourites though.

I hope George North has a good 100th with a try or three.

gauss1777
    Free Member

So tense

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 2,190 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2020 – 2021 Season’ is closed to new replies.