Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

I wisnae being serious

😁😂 I couldnae tell, I know how (blindly) optimistic you can be at times ; )

I enjoyed the World Cup a lot, but I much prefer the 6 Nations, not least for the leg pulling that goes on here 😀. Bring it on!

tjagain

He is a 6N prediction – AA will lose his marbles over some imagined reffing mistake against wales

duckman

the Farrrell issue

He was at it again this last week. I phoned paddypower about the AA marbles thing, they offered me 72-1 on.

tjagain

🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

The French squad looks interesting; lots of old heads binned off for youth. I wonder how Edwards has coped with their slightly less bothered outlook on training!

England; god knows. The clubs haven’t really gone very well at European level and Sarries just seem to want to fight everyone. Farrell as been even more objectionable than usual…our Celtic neighbours will love him if he brings the same shitty attitude into the 6N. Scrum half looks like a big issue really; Youngs is shit and hast looked any better since the WC. Care is shit too.

It could be quite interesting this year; four new coaching teams, England coming off the back of a man shaming from SA and Scotland with a coach who really does look out of his depth.

anagallis_arvensis

North and Adams both starting at 13 this weekend with a view to playing there in six nations. Welsh options very limited.

gauss1777
    Free Member

I hadn’t realised that the Ospreys v Saracens game is on channel 4 now. 30 minutes in.
    A chance to see North at 13

dantsw13

Like Jamie Heaslip on commentary.

dantsw13

What a match at Scotstoun!! Hogg hits the bar in the 80th minute from 60m with the scores tied.

dantsw13

I’m in my hotel in Glasgow watching this one! warriors only themselves to blame for butchering 3 chances, but their 7 should have been sent off for an elbow to the head. All in an amazing match.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yep, Warriors could feel aggrieved although Chiefs also look a team that’s forgotten how to lose. Pointe was poor.

dantsw13

Glasgow got on his wrong side by gobbing off. He missed a few fwd passes both ways, and some dubious scrum interpretations, but you get on the wrong side of the ref at your peril.

The real reason Glasgow lost was dropping the ball 3 times with the line at their mercy!!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Absolutely – I think he missed things for both sides but Warriors managed him very poorly.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Ospreys are pants this season; they could even put away Sarries with a man up for 75mins. Ouch.

Glasgow Exeter was a cracking match.

anagallis_arvensis

He is a 6N prediction

TJ will expect Scotland to win, they’ll be shit and then TJ will spend 240 000 pages explaining why loads of Scots should be in the next Lions squad then spend another 240 000 pages moaning when Gatland doesnt pick them.

In otjer news nice break by Zammit to set up Gloucester try. Wonder if he’ll start a six nations game?

tjagain

Touche!

mindmap3
    Free Member

TJ will expect Scotland to win, they’ll be shit and then TJ will spend 240 000 pages explaining why loads of Scots should be in the next Lions squad then spend another 240 000 pages moaning when Gatland doesnt pick them.

In otjer news nice break by Zammit to set up Gloucester try. Wonder if he’ll start a six nations game?

And relentless stats to back up why Gray / Russell are the best players the world has ever seen….😂

tjagain

dantsw13

Glasgow got on his wrong side by gobbing off

Ryan Wilson by any chance?
    I didn’t see the game – some of us have to work for a living

tjagain

England fans will claim Farrell is a great 10 and a great tackler?

tjagain

Ickle Jonny is dead to me now. Its all about Darcy Graham

anagallis_arvensis

Try from Rees Zammit!

mindmap3
    Free Member

England fans will claim Farrell is a great 10 and a great tackler?

Nit this year. With Sarries salary cap issues etc, he seems to be particularly stroppy and objectionable (well more so than usual).

Will be interesting to see if Eddie makes many changes. Looks like Watson is going to be broken for at least part of not all of the tournament which is a shame.

anagallis_arvensis

Scarlets getting mauled to death by Toulon

Kryton57

Scrum half looks like a big issue

Dont be ridiculous, haven’t you heard that Ben Curry’s been drafted in….

tjagain

What was going on with Scarlets? they have been more than decent in the pro 14 but they looked really poor tactically in that game. Kicking away counter attack ball, kicking away when they had overlaps, just kicking away possession all the time.

onehundredthidiot

TJ D’Arcy’s dad is a pretty decent mtber too. Was chatting to ham a few days ago.

anagallis_arvensis

What was going on with Scarlets? they have been more than decent in the pro 14 but they looked really poor tactically in that game. Kicking away counter attack ball, kicking away when they had overlaps, just kicking away possession all the time.

Not sure where to start tbh? Did you watch the game?

tjagain

I did. Kicking away an overlap is a crime! Headless chickens in response to going that far behind? I don’t know the players so I don’t know if they were missing leadership but thats what it looked like

anagallis_arvensis

I saw 1/2p have a mare and gift them 14 points compounded by the Toulon pack being much better, there backs were better to tbh. All told them better team won at a canter.

IdleJon

Ospreys are pants this season; they could even put away Sarries with a man up for 75mins. Ouch.

I’d be feeling a little aggrieved if I was Luke Price. Hardly the best 10 in the world, he was subbed for Cai Evans whose only talent is having a very famous dad. Cai then made sure that Sarries could put their feet up with the most inept display of rugby I’ve seen for ages. (Or since the last time I watched Cai Evans, come to of it!) 😁

tjagain

VOTE: Scottish Rugby’s Team Of The Decade

This is quite fun – if only to be reminded of some of the pure mince that has been seen in a scotland shirt

mindmap3
    Free Member

It’s the mugshots that are the best bit TJ…Greg looks a bit surprised in his..:

anagallis_arvensis

End of a era!

null

tjagain

I thought he wanted to play this 6N so he has been dropped?

anagallis_arvensis

Beeb saying he will play the home games.

anagallis_arvensis

Apparently Nick Tomkins is welsh and the answer to our 13 problem. So says Daily Heil, I wont link.

tjagain

I always thought North made a good 13

mindmap3
    Free Member

England have filled the vacant coaching jobs; English sevens coach for the attack and the Bok forwards coach.

On another note, apparently Dodson has doubled his pay this year to just under a million quid. Do the Scottish fans think this is value for money?

tjagain

Dodson is an interesting one. Apart of course from the fact I do not believe anyone is “worth” that much money.

His hard nosed business attitude has been a huge boon to scottish rugby helping us go from broke to solvent with a bit of spare cash and he has helped get rid of the “blazered fools”

His rugby decisions however have been much worse. Appointing Johnson as coach was truely stupid and appointing Townsend – very much his decision – has also proved to be poor given that we could have kept Big Vern for much longer. also there have been some big rows behind the scenes as in Russells dad, the poor treatment of Lineen, the loss to Scots coaching of Ritchie Gray ( the coach not the lock) and various other fallings out that have lost talent to Scots rugby

Overall I would say he is well in credit but that credit is waning and I wonder if this is him getting his paws on the money before he is kicked out / resigns and given the overall state of scotlands finances I think that money could go better elsewhere. He is now paid more than double any of the players

7 million a year to run the whole of each of the pro teams, one million for the ceo seems out of balance

duckman

Dodson has doubled his pay this year to just under a million quid. Do the Scottish fans think this is value for money?

I suppose if he had overseen a transformation like he has in the world of business we wouldn’t grudge him it…but I think it sits uneasily with the supporters.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.