Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

I’m surprised they’re not in trouble for fielding a weakened side though.

Ospreys would be fined every game!!!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Folau has been causing a stir again…

He’s linked the bushfires in Australia to the laws associated with same sex marriage and abortion. Right-oh.

One would have thought that he might learn after the last few comments that blew up, but no. He just can’t help himself nor can he let others be.

BruceWee

Can’t he just do us all a favour and come out of the closet?

duckman

Cue the tweet from Billy in support.

Stoner
    Free Member

Still a good chance the Wuss go down this year in spite of…
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50457698

Sarries finished 40pts clear of us last year, a 31pt head start might not cut it!. eeeek!

tintim

Saracens are not contesting the sanctions, still a lot of unanswered questions and a distinct lack of an apology.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Still a good chance the Wuss go down this year in spite of…
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50457698

Sarries finished 40pts clear of us last year, a 31pt head start might not cut it!. eeeek!

That’s unless a big team is under threat and then ringfencing will happen.

Jamie Joseph has committed to Japan again which is really good news for them after the way they’ve improved.

O’Shea has left Italy too and is reportedly taking up a role with the RFU.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Rennie has been confirmed as the next Australia coach, taking over in July 2020 with Wilson stepping up to replace him.

Sarries have been fined again for not turning up the launch of the European comp. There are also concerns that their England contingent will say no to the 6N to help them avoid relegation. Not sure how that will work given that the RFU pay a lot of money for access to the English players. On the other hand, you do wonder how them being there will impact upon moral.

DanW
    Free Member

I wonder how the decent pro at the club (feeling cheeky for not having to pay his rent) feels when he now realises he could have been rolling in money had he set up his own equivalent of Faz Industries or whatever it was called 😀 Money talk rarely goes well with colleagues so there must be more than a few feeling put out

duckman

The RFU pay £110,000 (From the Times) per player so…2X VP, Itoge, Farrell, Goode,George, Daly, Kruis, Singleton, scrum half. Plus whatever the druids pay for Williams and we pay for Taylor and Maitland. That is getting on for £1.5 million, which is apparently not counted as part of your salary cap as either. Can’t see how that idea of withdrawing from the 6N can work for either party.

anagallis_arvensis

Mcnicol and Halaholo called up for Wales pointless game v Baabaas

onehundredthidiot

Tom Smith, Scotland and Lions has stage 4 cancer, can’t believe he’s only 48. One of the old school “does his talking on the pitch” props.

duckman

I knew him from Dundee rugby, a really nice guy and a product of the truly brutal Rannoch school for boys (terrible food/cold showers/cross country over the moors/cut off during the winter/ strangely now long gone) something he was never slow to attribute his rise to. The worst dressed human you have ever seen, tracksuit bottoms and a tweed jacket anybody? He was like a human bowling ball who could step and had really good hands,indeed he actually played in the Melrose 7’s. In a truly dreadful Scotland team he was probably one of the best in the world in his position. Was also always listed as being 6 feet by the SRU but if he was taller than 5″8″ I am an Edinburgh supporter called Jeremy. What is utter shite is that his mentor, a guy called Danny Herrington who Tom credited with “shoving his head up his arse twice a week at training.” died of cancer.

tjagain

another weekend of European cup rugby. Glasgow go down south to Exeter. I saw Glasgow exeter a few years ago and Glasgow humped ’em. A stronger exeter and a weaker Glasgow now and its down south. Glasgow will be looking for that away win for sure. Want to be a force in Europe? its matches like this Glasgow need to win. Extra bit of spice with Hogg playing. Batman ( Wilson) is captain FFS – want to bet he starts a fight?

Edinburgh drew in the diddys cup

tjagain

but you only had to look at the smile on Rennie’s face when asked about Hogg last week to know that the Warriors have cooked something up here.

“We love him, but I think you’ll find he’ll be facing a few high balls in the early minutes. He might have Ryan Wilson running at him. Wilson is very keen to see him again. He said even if he was injured he wanted to play in this one.”

From the beeb. 🙂

tjagain

Saints get a potential Banana skin in Benetton in Italy. Benneton a much improved team and I do wonder if Saints might underestimate them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In a competition filled with shite jerseys it’ll be nice to see the classic red/blue of Munster against the sky blue and white stripes (my favourite other team’s kit) of Racing 92 at Thomond today. Ryan and Zebo making their homecomings since leaving. They’ll both get a great reception. Good win for Ulster, albeit I read that the score flattered Clermont. French sides blowing a bit hot and cold this year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@DD, some shockers in here;
    Every 2019/20 Heineken Champions Cup & Challenge Cup European jersey

The Scabs away kit last night was a particular shocker.

lister

Just found Saracens v Ospreys live on Channel 4.

tjagain

Watching Benneton / Saints here. Cracking match. Closish at HT but Benneton clearly the better side.

IdleJon

Is there something written into rugby contracts that states that Sweet Caroline needs to played every twenty minutes in every single bloody rugby ground in the world?

tjagain

Saints used all their luck there to get a last minute kick to win. Every 50/50 decision every bounce of the ball. Cracking game tho

tjagain

Glasgow Exeter next. Should be another good match. Exeter to grind out a win with Glasgow forwards failing to get in from 5 m more than once.

Mini Horne is starting tho which means a fast game and exeter are going to have to mark him tightly giving Haircut Hastings a little bit extra time. Can Hastings show a bit of control? A tendency to run up blind alleys and try the miracle pass to often spoils his game

mindmap3
    Free Member

Good start by Glasgow. Will Exeter be able to step up this year? They’ve not had the best start in the AP this season.

Didn’t see the Sarries game. How strong was the Ospreys side?

anagallis_arvensis

How strong was the Ospreys side?

Ospreys dont have a strong side when everyone is fit and available let alone what the put out today!!

IdleJon

How strong was the Ospreys side?

They started with Hook at 10, and Marvin Orie at 6 for his first time in the back row. It was a very weak Ospreys side. They were also really poor, regardless of the team selection. It wouldn’t surprise me if Clarke gets sacked soon.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Fair enough. Thought as much given the score line.

Exeter starting to turn the screw now needing just one more try for the bonus point.

One question though for TJ and co, what is the Scottish obsession with trying to play from your own 22 even when under the cosh? It’s not really worked so far for Glasgow but they keep doing it. I don’t understand why they don’t play for some field position and get some territory especially when you’ve not had the ball.

tjagain

Poor from Glasgow

MIndmap – its about keeping the ball, making the opposition work hard and keeping them on their toes. Poorly executed today – the usual thing is one or two attempts to run out then kick. Not two rucks to set up a kick. Glasgow make a lot of territory from it usually. You will never see Glasgow do the conventional “exit strategy”

Kicking from within your 22 just gives the opposition the ball back in your half more often than not

Needed better leadership and decision making today.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ospreys are just embarrassing themselves now 😞

mindmap3
    Free Member

TJ – I get that but today it wasn’t working so why keep doing it? The English get bagged a lot for sticking to a game plan even when it’s not working but Glasgow did the same thing today.

If your consistently pinned in your 22 have have sweet FA territory, why not play for a bit? Force a turnover, penalty, knock on anything away from your own try line.

Thought Slade was very good again today.

tjagain

Mindmap – Horne lost the plot a bit during that couple of sets where they kept losing the ball and Haircut thinks he can do the finnsanity dance. Needed someone to show a bit of leadership and / or to take a bit of control. I suspect Rennie might have a few words to say

Thats the poorest display I have seen from Glasgow for a while

anagallis_arvensis

It wouldn’t surprise me if Clarke gets sacked soon.

Nor me but to be very clear you cant polish a turd, their injury list is horrific and all the team Wales players are a complete waste of wages

tjagain

Do Munster not know when they are beaten? Humped on the field, fought to a draw.

another great game.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Further ShittyShirt action at The Arms Park.
    Cardiff Blues playing in grey, Leicester playing in red.

FFS.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Women’s result today…

Scotland 20 – 24 Japan

tjagain

Womens rugby is a very uneven playing field at the moment with some countries being amateur or semi pro at best, others being full time pros. the Scots are way behind some countries in moving towards pro womens teams. dunno what the japanese set up is

dantsw13

Hopefully the La Rochelle hooker gets a long ban. Even hobnobs not going to help him. Isn’t that 3 French teams seeing red in this Champions Cup round?

tjagain

I have to say it was one of the more stupid reds I have seen. Quite blatant and obvious face rake / eye gouge and it wasn’t even as if there was a proper scrap going on or it was hidden in a maul

anagallis_arvensis

Halaholo has injured knee just before Wales game, my nan is being defrosted to play 12.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.