Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • tjagain

Gauss

Duhan is an absolute freak in that he is both hugely fast and powerful. A bit lazy when he first arrived but Cockers would not put up with that and he has improved his all round game. He runs thru and over people in a very Lomu like way. makes a good pairing with Darcy Graham on the other wing – the bludgeon and the rapier.

anagallis_arvensis

So Lomu on one wing with Robinson/Williams on the other, does this mean scotland will win a game this year?

gauss1777
    Free Member

does this mean scotland will win a game this year?

They should do.
    They have quite a few decent players – tj can tell us more, but – Watson, Russell,…, Graham, Duhan and Hogg.
    They also have a few favourable games coming up: Georgia, Wales, Italy, France and Fiji. They could arguably win all of those games.

Put their names down for the Lions!

Damn, I genuinely forgot that Russell doesn’t play for them. He’s apparently on fire at the moment too.

anagallis_arvensis

Will Russell be back?

tjagain

Who knows? It might help if we had some centres

We have what should be a very good team. somewhere the soft underbelly still appears tho see Edinburghs last 2 games.

We have a couple of proven world class players – Russell and Hogg. We have quite a few who have the ability to become world class but have yet to prove it – Duhan, Graham, Horne junior, Zander Fagerson. We have a core of international standard forwards.
    We have some guys who enjoy a punchup – step forward Mr Fagerson who is taking over the “wind folk up till they get carded” role previously held by Ryan Wilson
    But – we have a few gaping holes – like at centre. We keep developing good centres then breaking them mentally and physically
    We have second rows who are top class at some aspects but poor at others.

Back row balance is also an issue. We seem to be able to produce and endless stream of good 7s but no number 8. Can you win playing 3 x 7?

But we have a coach who despite being a daring maverick as a player seems to have turned into Mr Conservative. His selections for the world cup were frankly shit and the display against ireland in the WC was spineless and despite better players with more experience we have gone backwards over the last 3 years.

tjagain

Russell will be back no question. He and Toonie have kissed and made up and Toonie knows that Russell is the best player we have produced since 1872. he is also looking fit and keen and playing really well

anagallis_arvensis

he is also looking fit

He’s no Henson 😜😜😜😜

I actually though he looked a bit chubby in that vid.

Talking of Henson!!
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/rugby-league/54214450

tjagain

I watched the Racing / Clermont game – he has trimmed right down again – the flab has gone. In the early summer he looked bloated from too much beer but he has lost most of it again.

anagallis_arvensis

Nah he’s a chubster this is trimmed down

tjagain

Possible big squad. some folk most countries would be glad to have, some no one has ever heard of

LH – Sutherland, Kebble, Dell, Bhattie
    H- McInally, Brown, Turner
    TH – Nel, Fagerson, Berghan, Rae
    L – J Gray, R Gray, Gilchrist, Cummings, Toolis, Skinner
    6/8 – Ritchie, Bradbury, Haining, Thomson (if he’s fit), Wilson (for some reason)
    7 – Watson, Crosbie, Gordon

9 – Price, Horne, SHC, Dobbie
    10 – Russell, Hastings, VDW
    C – Johnson, Jones, Harris, Scott, Hutchinson, Bennett
    W – VDM, Graham, Maitland, McGuigan
    FB – Hogg, Kinghorn

We have also run out of blue paint to turn orange south africans into blue scots – Willemse and Schoeman are waiting for the next delivery

tjagain

Note Scotlands 3rd and 4th teams did well. ( sarries and exeter – as many scots as Edinburgh!)

anagallis_arvensis

LH, 2, 8 and 9 look like weaknesses to me but I dont watch much scottish rugby.

Wales are currently lacking any centres too. If Jiffy not so Junior anymore doesnt get back to his best we are stuffed. Would like to some younger 15’s coming through too. What happens when AWJ retires I’m trying not to think about. Front row looks solid if unspectacular, backrow could do with another 8 to back up Faletau, would like to see Patchful fulfill his promise, Priestland may get a call if Biggar goes down even if he doesnt have 60 caps. Its looking more worrying for Anscombe, he might not play again 😟

tjagain

hooker is not a weakness – McInally and Brown are fantastic players

9 is an interesting one – Price has been back to good form, Horne is a fantastic player but prone to getting over excited No one tho with laidlaws game management and authority

LH – sutherland looks very good this year – the rest pretty meh

Lock – the Grey brothers if both on form make a pretty good pairing but behind them is a mix of children and underpowered penalty magnets. gilcrest is worth 6 pts to the opposition every game

We do not have a number 8. Someone forgot how to count.

tjagain

AA – this is how good Darcy Graham is 🙂 Beats half the welsh team on his own

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scotland have consistently produced players who can do that. When they find one who can get over the tryline they’ll be a team to fear 😂😂

gauss1777
    Free Member

Random try:

tjagain

He beat 10 wales defenders in 10 minutes or something daft really reminds me of Shane Williams – same dancing feet and real speed
    a few tries here

gauss1777
    Free Member

He is no doubt fast on his feet, but for me he does that thing that Hogg does, where they dance about from left to right then run straight into another player. He’s good when he’s the last in the line and just runs down the touchline. That last video is 26 minutes long! With a large number of the clips going “here’s the magical Darcy Graham – oops he’s tackled”

I’ve been impressed in what I’ve seen of Ruaridh McConnochie.

tjagain

I have been watching him play for Edinburgh – he really is very exciting but I agree thats a crap video, His first 7 internationals he scored 5 tries. He regularly beats opponents with his dancing feet and also makes turnovers – once I aw him take down Basteraud, took the ball off him and ran in for a try.

He is the best winger I have ever seen in Scotland the real deal with everything. Even decent in the air for someone of his size

anagallis_arvensis

Saffercens v racing on c4 now

tjagain

Sarries / Racing on channel 4 right now.

bets?

I can’t call it. Finn MOTM tho

anagallis_arvensis

I hate Saracens so….. Go Fin!!

anagallis_arvensis

If Fin doesnt kick goals or appear to kick pens to touch can he be Lions 10?

anagallis_arvensis

Nige wants to be the star again!!

anagallis_arvensis

or appear to kick pens to touch

Ok just using 9’s left foot?

tjagain

Finn not Fin!

Finn does not take the line kicks for Scotland either. In France 9 is usually the goal kicker. Strangely Finns goal kicking record is actually very good – better than Farrel ( or was last time I looked)

Sarries are going to have to show a bit more than “kick the ball and wait for mistakes”

anagallis_arvensis

Finn not Fin

He’s in France!!

anagallis_arvensis

Flynn having a shocker!!

tjagain

Sarries are going to have to show a bit more than “kick the ball and wait for mistakes”

I am keeping up my usual standard of pundity! Kick and wait for errors seems to be working but by heck its dull rugby

gauss1777
    Free Member

by heck its dull rugby

Pretty dreadful.

anagallis_arvensis

Somone needs to tell Flinn to boot it down the other end!

anagallis_arvensis

Jeez I am glad I’m not a Scot, it must be so frustrating!!

tjagain

Finn has always been a bit ” two sprats to catch a mackerel” When it works he is a genius, when it doesn’t he is a goat

gauss1777
    Free Member

Jeez I am glad I’m not a Scot, it must be so frustrating

I wouldn’t be rushing to get him back in the team on today’s display.

Maitland does that jinky-jinky run straight at him thing too.

gauss1777
    Free Member

When Danny Care (is it him?) said Racing92 can’t win by just kicking goals, the game was almost inevitably going to go that way!

anagallis_arvensis

Vinn to score the winning try!! 😆😆😆

anagallis_arvensis

Seen a lot of the rips given the other way recently

anagallis_arvensis

Told you Phinn is shit 😆😆😆😜😜

tjagain

🙂

His two sprats did catch him a mackerel! One moment of finsanity wins the match

tjagain

Russell has been in superb form for Racing this year. Sarries neutralised him well but given he is one of the very few top class players we have he has to play for Scotland

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.