Viewing 13 posts - 1,201 through 1,213 (of 1,213 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • BruceWee

Al Kellock made the most of what he had. He always seemed to be fighting for his place in the Scotland team but I always felt both Glasgow and Scotland played better than the sum of their parts when he was captaining.

Leadership on the field and consistently playing better than the sum of their parts has been an issue for both Glasgow and Scotland since he hung up his boots.

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Bruce – known as “the ruck inspector” inspirational captain for Glasgow

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Lolz @ AA

We were on a roll, you guys were broken physically and mentally. Its a moral victory for us!

Its a moral victory for us!

All the best Scottish ones are!!

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Its the Welsh that are the masters of the Moral victory!

snaps

I’ll post this again as it’s an impressive watch

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Favourite “character” in Rugby? I am going to go for Allan “chunk” Jacobson. The man who ate all the pies! When he retired edinburgh produced a new trophy in his honour – in the shape of his ear! He also saved someone from a burning house IIRC.

Honourable mention for Adam Jones – funny as heck ( but too “clever” in the scrums)

I think it would be a better and more pleasant challenge to name favourite “characters” from the other 5 nations. Doesn’t have to be all five, just not someone from “your” team. 😀

Premier Icon tjagain
    Subscriber

Like it DD –

Wales – Adam Jones. A genuinely funny guy
    Ireland – has to be Paul ” I’ll fight for you all day” O’Connell
    England – Austin Healey – has there ever been a more annoying little git of a player
    Italy – can’t really think of one
    France – Ibanez for his comments on Szarzewski. ” he is too pretty to be a hooker – but I am sure a few years in the scrum will change that”

Watching first half, christ Moore is a chippy ****, doesnt know Mike Phillips name and Borthwick mocking the welsh pack….looking forward to the “flood gates to open second half” comments from Invertwat.

Henson still gorgeous…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jljz/scrum-v-classics-5-england-v-wales-2008

Itoje goes up in my estimation, good on him for saying like it is, I approve of that sirt of thing!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/30/swing-low-sweet-chariot-makes-me-feel-uncomfortable-englands-maro-itoje

snaps

Where will it end?

Premier Icon Kryton57
    Subscriber

I know we all like a bit of Squidge Rugby, but there’s some very detailed analysis from the RWC Games England V AB’s and England v SA which makes absolutely fascinating watching and learning about the modern strategy, coaching and execution:

Wibble Rugby

Who says Rugby’s a simple game eh.  Very interesting how Jones spent 4 years coaching how to beat the AB’s, but SA spent the same 4 years working out how to beat everybody with some alternate interpretations.  Opinions on the SA coach on the sidelines will be divided when you see him calling Englands plays, I’m sure…

Viewing 13 posts - 1,201 through 1,213 (of 1,213 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.