Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • BruceWee

Al Kellock made the most of what he had. He always seemed to be fighting for his place in the Scotland team but I always felt both Glasgow and Scotland played better than the sum of their parts when he was captaining.

Leadership on the field and consistently playing better than the sum of their parts has been an issue for both Glasgow and Scotland since he hung up his boots.

tjagain

Bruce – known as “the ruck inspector” inspirational captain for Glasgow

tjagain

Lolz @ AA

We were on a roll, you guys were broken physically and mentally. Its a moral victory for us!

anagallis_arvensis

Its a moral victory for us!

All the best Scottish ones are!!

tjagain

Its the Welsh that are the masters of the Moral victory!

snaps
    Free Member

I’ll post this again as it’s an impressive watch

tjagain

Favourite “character” in Rugby? I am going to go for Allan “chunk” Jacobson. The man who ate all the pies! When he retired edinburgh produced a new trophy in his honour – in the shape of his ear! He also saved someone from a burning house IIRC.

Honourable mention for Adam Jones – funny as heck ( but too “clever” in the scrums)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it would be a better and more pleasant challenge to name favourite “characters” from the other 5 nations. Doesn’t have to be all five, just not someone from “your” team. 😀

tjagain

Like it DD –

Wales – Adam Jones. A genuinely funny guy
    Ireland – has to be Paul ” I’ll fight for you all day” O’Connell
    England – Austin Healey – has there ever been a more annoying little git of a player
    Italy – can’t really think of one
    France – Ibanez for his comments on Szarzewski. ” he is too pretty to be a hooker – but I am sure a few years in the scrum will change that”

anagallis_arvensis

Watching first half, christ Moore is a chippy ****, doesnt know Mike Phillips name and Borthwick mocking the welsh pack….looking forward to the “flood gates to open second half” comments from Invertwat.

Henson still gorgeous…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000jljz/scrum-v-classics-5-england-v-wales-2008

anagallis_arvensis

Itoje goes up in my estimation, good on him for saying like it is, I approve of that sirt of thing!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/30/swing-low-sweet-chariot-makes-me-feel-uncomfortable-englands-maro-itoje

snaps
    Free Member
    Kryton57

I know we all like a bit of Squidge Rugby, but there’s some very detailed analysis from the RWC Games England V AB’s and England v SA which makes absolutely fascinating watching and learning about the modern strategy, coaching and execution:

Wibble Rugby

Who says Rugby’s a simple game eh.  Very interesting how Jones spent 4 years coaching how to beat the AB’s, but SA spent the same 4 years working out how to beat everybody with some alternate interpretations.  Opinions on the SA coach on the sidelines will be divided when you see him calling Englands plays, I’m sure…

anagallis_arvensis

When does rugby get going again?

Lions bolter for next year, discuss.

IdleJon

When does rugby get going again?

Super Rugby AU and Aotearoa have been running for a few weeks now (NZ close to finishing their comp!). And very entertaining it has been.

England starts tonight.

Pro 14 next weekend.

DezB
    Free Member

And very entertaining it has been
    Certainly has.
    Crusaders v Highlanders last weekend was superb. That try-saver by Josh McKay… wonderful stuff.

DezB
    Free Member

Exeter v Leicester on Channel 5 Saturday, 1:45

peteimpreza

Please can someone confiscate Billy V’s spade and tell to stop digging?

Kryton57

He’s not very good at interpreting the news is he.  So here’s Eddie looking for the next big things in England’s back row and Mr breaky arms who’s admitted playing sub standard in the RWC now pops up and tells us he can’t support his colleagues because he’s a religious zealot.

oh well, good bye Billy.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m not sure what to make of Billy and all those south africans not taking a knee. I honestly cant work out what I think as someone who felt pressured to clap for the nhs…

In other news Dr Jaw has covid and is out of this sundays game for The Dregs.

duckman

Hope the games are better than last weeks bag of shite.

BruceWee

I’m struggling to tell whether Glasgow Edinburgh is being played in an empty stadium or not.

anagallis_arvensis

I’m struggling to tell whether Glasgow Edinburgh is being played in an empty stadium or not.

I’m watching Scarlets game on S4c. Pro14 match attendances seem much the same as pre covid 😉😉😜

Not sure😀I approve of Stef Evans lockdown hair cut, but I did just see him make a tackle so thats nice!

Johnny Williams looks like he could be a good player for Scarlets.

tjagain

Normally the Edinburgh Glasgow games get over 20000

anagallis_arvensis

Normally the Edinburgh Glasgow games get over 20000

Normal the Edinburgh Scarlets games get about 6 blokes and a dog and the dog only goes because it has to

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Exeter tonight…

2nd XV against a full strength Brizzle. Cracking game, and a deserved win.

anagallis_arvensis

4 match ban for North.

tjagain

Pro 14 semi finals this weekend – and Edinburgh are in them! Also Cockerill has signed on for another two years. I cannot believe how much influence he has had on turning Edinburgh from mid table to one of the top teams. He also seems to be enjoying being the Edinburgh coach.

onehundredthidiot

Ruck laws are confusing me. Back in the dark ages you tried to turn the man so your team tucked over and got the ball (obviously you got a shoeing). Now that would be penalised as you’re on the wrong side and not rolling west/east. That’s the ruck finished completely.

tjagain

there is no change to the ruck laws and hasn’t been for years. The refs have been asked to police rolling away more harshly because people not rolling away slows the game.

Spud

As a ref, there hasn’t been a change to the laws around the ruck, it is being policed tighter in the professional game that’s all and ensuring the slow rolling away players don’t impede the 9. Include in that policing coming in at the side and off feet and it’s being reffed as we would in the amateur game. The trial law changes around kicks in and out of the 22 are being done in the Australian games.

Pigface
    Free Member

Farrell finally gets a red card that has been years coming.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh we have a winner in the Farrell hating sweepstakes!!! My money was on a_a actually!

Pigface
    Free Member

Yay I win, thanks mate, I would like to thank my family, God, the owners of STW for giving me this opportunity. I can’t believe it, I am lost for words, trained hard and stuck to my game plan. Really chuffed.

anagallis_arvensis

Was it for a no arms tackle?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was it for a no arms tackle

For once, he actually used an arm.

anagallis_arvensis

For once, he actually used an arm.

Good lad, I actually quite like Faz for an Englandshire player!

tjagain

I find Farrell a bit of an enigma. He is a dreadful bad tempered dirty player on the pitch but apparently a model professional as well and really good with young fans and so on

I am so glad he got the red tho – he should have had many by now and the WR website actually uses one “tackle” where he got away with it as an example of a red card

anagallis_arvensis

Not good is it, onder if his ban will be until the day before englands next game!!

tjagain

should be a long ban for that .Swinging arm tackle. should be six weeks at least for that but being Farrell – the inheritor of McCaws invisibility cloak – I bet they find some way to let him play against Leinster

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.