Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • gauss1777
    Free Member

Wales shite so far!

Really? I thought they’d been good at some things, just France more so.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Gulp, a let off there for Wales. France kinda deserved the try anyway it was so good. France are flying now!

donald
    Free Member

North’s taken an awful lot of head knocks hasn’t he? I fear for his future TBH.

swavis

Cracking game for a neutral this one 😁

tjagain

Yup – exciting game

Wales have just been Wales but unable to cope with the ferocity at the breakdown and the blitz

Poor not to use the overlap at the 5 m scrum tho – miscommunication?

molgrips
    Free Member

France were savage at first, I thought that the key test of Wales will be how they respond tactically instead of just trying the same thing and losing all the time.

olddog

That was pretty invigorating.

Kryton57

Yeah this is awesome although as an Englander Im wanting Wales to win.  Who knew France would be this good this year.    Going to be a great 2nd Half.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Damn that was monumental at the end of the half. 7 points let go and a yellow card run down : (
    I wish I was neutral.

gauss1777
    Free Member

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

toby1

It’s like a the rugby equivalent of bipolar, totally unstable!

molgrips
    Free Member

Talk about unruffled.

sargey

Is it me or is Jonathan Davies the most biased commentator in sport, everything Wales does is brilliant but when an opposing team scores its lucky!

mindmap3
    Free Member

Is it me or is Jonathan Davies the most biased commentator in sport, everything Wales does is brilliant but when an opposing team scores its lucky!

The Radio commentary isn’t much better.

Sounds like a good game so far.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Can’t help feeling Wales have two minutes to score.

Arghh : (

duckman

Jiffy is getting really bitter this half. Its lovely to hear.

bigblackshed

It’s normally a Wales tactic, but France have been offside all afternoon. I’m surprised they have only had two yellow cards.

France have been ferocious in the tackle though.

tjagain

Cracker of a game. Good win for France. Ntamack the best player on the pitch by miles

tjagain

I loathe the playing for penalties and yellow cards in the scrums. Nice to see France get the decision in the end.

olddog

Aux armes, citoyens,
    Formez vos bataillons

anagallis_arvensis

Well that was tense, Wales still playing shite mind.

Spin
    Free Member

Very much enjoyed that!

gauss1777
    Free Member

That’s the tournament lost for Wales. I’d like to see L Rees-Zammit get a game or two now.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Exactly…. He shouldn’t be let near the mike on a Welsh match.
    Singularly the most annoying commentator on the BBC.

Great game though and the thought the right team won.
    If you can’t score in 20 mins when the other team have less players than you then you don’t deserve to win.
    Re the forward pass…. looked very close to me as the French player had to take the ball behind him.
    Re the deliberate knock on…. I thought he played the Welsh players forearm, not the ball, which caused the ball to be dropped…. is that still a knock on?

Edit: Johnathan Davies getting a lot of stick on the BBC website comments. Deservedly so.

IdleJon

6 and 7 generally have the job of being the first defensive positions up to make a tackle following a set piece, and also being first at a breakdown to try to win turnover ball from the tackle. The openside (6) binds on the side of the scrum with the largest area of the field, and tends to be quicker, while the blindside is often bigger and bulkier.

8 has the job of controlling the ball at the base of the scrum and linking with the 9. They are typically big ball carriers so they can pick the ball from the scrum and make a break.

Hopefully that is mostly correct…

It would help if you knew which number the opensides and blindsides are, and what you’ve written was correct about 30 years ago but they all do significantly more these days.. 😉

martinhutch

Great game for the neutral. Really enjoying watching France this 6N, they look transformed.

sobriety
    Free Member

Turns out that when they aren’t fighting each other/the coach they’re a decent team.

tjagain

I noticed Pivac has become a true Welshman. “It’s all the refs fault”

The scrum on the line Baba cannot have turned in as he split the Welsh front row

mindmap3
    Free Member

The scrum on the line Baba cannot have turned in as he split the Welsh front row

Saw that too.

They lost out in a few right calls, suck it up and move on. This French team are looking pretty good at the mo, there’s no shame in losing to them. Edwards seems to have made a big impact.

anagallis_arvensis

You can get quite tiresome after a very sort period. This statement really does say a lot about you. Is Eddie Jones welsh too?

This was a classic also

I loathe the playing for penalties and yellow cards in the scrums. Nice to see France get the decision in the end.

To summarise Wales cheat by pushing in the scrum!!! I expect it was Adam Jones fault he used to push in the scrums against Scotland!

piha
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the Wales v France match. Best team won on the day but very entertaining for the neutral.

It is very disappointing to hear the Welsh crowd boo the kicker. And why the Welsh players kept arguing with the ref and then start fighting isn’t what you expect from the Welsh.

Kryton57

players kept arguing with the ref and then start fighting isn’t what you expect from the Welsh.

Have you never been to a Welsh weatherspoons before?  😉

BruceWee

It is very disappointing to hear the Welsh crowd boo the kicker.

Must have been visiting Scots. It’s a well known fact that only Scottish fans boo the kicker.

Jiffy explains this to us every time he’s commentating at Murrayfield.

dantsw13

Eddie Jones is very annoying, but he never queries refs decisions when England lose. Pivac sounded like a football manager.

onehundredthidiot

Until/unless the assistants start reffing to props bind and the squint drives the scrum will be a bit shit. So many plays for the penalties just makes it a bit pointless to actually scrummage. Drive straight and not pull down. Is probably what bamba did. The Welsh loosehead would be focussed on getting the penalty which mean power through his left shoulder and pivot through his core which upsets the bind to hooker. Bamba drove at the right shoulder, it’s where he’s meant to drive, and split the bind.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Scrums are pretty boring imho, I’d happily see them gone somehow.

dantsw13

I’m expecting an Ireland win today sadly. But I thought that last year……

anagallis_arvensis

Good start by Enhland, who is the Ireland five, he’s going to get pinged for his cheapshots soon

martinhutch

Stander and Itoje more interested in having a fight than playing rugby.

anagallis_arvensis

Stander and Itoje more interested in having a fight than playing rugby.

Was started by ireland five

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.