Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

but Lawes – who has played 6 many

And never been that impressive. France may not expose him but good teams will.

loum
    Free Member

Lawes looks like a good option against the French.
    Likes to put hits on the half backs, and with curry and Underhill will test them.
    All 4 French halfs are very young. Might be best way to stop ball before their backs have fun.
    Good extra lineout option too when it looked like a new hooker was playing

loum
    Free Member

Big tournament this time too.
    Seedings for next word cup groups this November. World rankings star to become important again.

mindmap3
    Free Member

And never been that impressive. France may not expose him but good teams will.

This a lot. He’s a very good lock and can do a job at six at domestic level but he’s proved on many occasions that he’s not an international back row option. Glad Daly isn’t at full back; tough game for Furbank to start oh but he’s looked good this season.

Back row is a worry; Curry is fab but an international eight he ain’t. If Essie is happy to go with a light eight, why not Simmonds who plays there every week?

anagallis_arvensis

Daly is a great player, just needs to nail down a position.
    Lawes is a damn fine lock but he’s just the wrong shaped for a six, England have a bloody good front five which makes life easier for the back row, but the three for Sunday are a big step down from the hobbit, curry and vunipola, that had balance this one doesnt. Drombrandt or similar would be good at 8 or maybe Morgan.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Daly is a great player, just needs to nail down a position.
    Lawes is a damn fine lock but he’s just the wrong shaped for a six, England have a bloody good front five which makes life easier for the back row, but the three for Sunday are a big step down from the hobbit, curry and vunipola, that had balance this one doesnt. Drombrandt or similar would be good at 8 or maybe Morgan.

Daly is indeed a fab player but he’s not a FB; he’s a centre who can play in the wing. He’s not good enough defensively or under the high ball to be a top FB.

The back row looks unbalanced like this; there a few eights he could have picked. Dombrandt, Hughes (who’s actually been ok for Brizzol) and Simmonds.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Here we go 😁. Everyone ready? Good luck to everyone, let’s have some great rugby (and no injuries).
    Ps I was thinking we might see a few drop goals this weekend, what d’ya reckon?

Kryton57

Oh god. We have to suffer Chieka again.

anagallis_arvensis

Chieka has been ok so!!
    Love the Italian anthem!!

Good luck everyone!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

I might get a Dan Biggar tattoo!

anagallis_arvensis

Biggar has balls of steel, maybe not world class but he’s certainly a competitor!!

anagallis_arvensis

Nice start from Tompkins!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

George North always seems to be running awkwardly, like he still has hamstring problems.
    Halfpenny has looked really good the last few times I’ve seen him play, and is going well today.
    Wales seem a little too keen to throw the ball around wildly, I thought it was Scotland at one point!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I thought North looked uncomfortable in the warm up. He’s been relatively anonymous so far.

anagallis_arvensis

Gone a bit **** dull now!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Nice!

Agreed, had gone a tad dull. Debut tries are particularly nice.

Houns

Why’s Shane Warne commentating?

anagallis_arvensis

Ran out of coke and hookers!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Why’s Shane Warne commentating?

Dunno, but he’s been interesting for me.

anagallis_arvensis

Yeah tbf I cant stand Chieka but he’s been good.

Job done for Wales, good start Pivac. Plenty to work on.

Pigface
    Free Member

It’s always the same against Italy, hammer them and it’s only Italy.

anagallis_arvensis

An easy 42:0 win, I’ll take that.
    North still learning, Faletau quiet and scrum needs to improve, might see a change of loosehead next week.

gauss1777
    Free Member

C’mon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Kryton57

North looks incredibly pedestrian.  Can’t think he’d be around for much longer when the injuries heal.

Fast start for the Scots!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Can’t fault Scotland’s attitude. Would it be unfair to say they lack a little composure when 5m from the line?
    Ireland look dangerous on the break.

anagallis_arvensis

null

imnotverygood

Unbelievable from Hogg. Also it’s irritating that he celebrates his ‘try’ when he knows he’s dropped it. Rugby has picked up too much of the rubbish from football.

mattyfez

Scotland doing well at the mo I think.

akira

Not sure either side will be particularly happy with that game.

BruceWee

You’re allowed to just pop up in the scrum now? Referee bottled that one. Among others.

Could’ve been worse I guess but not confidence inspiring performance.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought the ref was a bit of a homer for Ireland. Nice to see tge Scottish scrum go well!

anagallis_arvensis

Neither game a classic today let’s hope England and France do better tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1223682256595755008

Pigface
    Free Member

Hogg really is a vile specimen.

anagallis_arvensis

Bit harsh, games full of ****, some of them are even welsh!

Talking of scrum halfs, how shit was Webb today!

mindmap3
    Free Member

That was a howler from Hogg, sheesh.

Has anyone heard from TJ?

squirrelking
    Free Member

First match for me was frustrating, we were all over Ireland but kept giving away penalties, that last one at their try line was just agonising. Really hope Scotland put such effort into their next matches but we need to stop making stupid discipline mistakes.

Hastings put on a good performance. Wouldn’t say Hogg was vile, bit harsh.

Pigface
    Free Member

Nah AA his cheap shot on Biggar, his WC antics and trying to claim his fumble, weapons grade cockwomble, just my opinion don’t want to set you off 😂😂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I think he did it almost out of embarrassment. Not sure but I think he might have apologised the ref afterwards. A couple of seasons at Exeter should sort him out – they don’t really go in for pretensions or other bullshit.

duckman

Ignore Pigface, He came home early from work one day and Hoggs car was in the drive….

Pigface
    Free Member

Hogg and Ducky sitting in a tree ……… 😉😉😉

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.