Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,696 total)
  • Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

I always thought North made a good 13

Played 13 v Aus in World Cup match at Twickers, despite Aus being 2 men down with yellows he couldnt help organise an overlap, he cant pass.

anagallis_arvensis

Who is will rowlands

anagallis_arvensis

tjagain

Obviously a Welsh forward of some variety?

tjagain

I have to say there is a tiny bit of schadenfreude for me here after the last couple of years when all our centres were broken mentally or physically. Now we have most of them back and on form .

tjagain

Scotland squad. Oh dear they have made Hogg captain. Somehow I do not see that working even if he has grown up a bit the last couple of years.

anagallis_arvensis

Obviously a Welsh forward of some variety?

No according to Wiki, it says he’s English, plays for pests

mindmap3
    Free Member

No according to Wiki, it says he’s English, plays for pests

He does indeed. Not sure I’d be picking any Wasps forwards because they’re generally pretty shit other than Launchers.

Tompkins is an interesting call; guess he’s accepted a call up because England aren’t interested. He normally goes pretty well for Sarries.

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure I’d be picking any Wasps forwards because they’re generally pretty shit other than Launchers.

He only has to be better than the likes of a washed up Bradley Davies or my nan to be a decent squad player or BIL Cory Hill to be a regular starter dont forget.

tjagain

Ritchie Gray returns to Glasgow!

Its an interesting thing how many players have left Glasgow only to return later. Teams like Glasgow who can never match the buying power of the English and French clubs have to try to offer something more than just money to retain and attract players. Looks like Glasgow are managing this

mindmap3
    Free Member

Jamie Roberts has left Barf with immediate effect to head to the Stormers. Anyone have any idea why?

anagallis_arvensis

I imagine the timing is due to him wanting to see if he could get back into the Wales squad as for why, well Cape Town why not!

BruceWee

Its an interesting thing how many players have left Glasgow only to return later. Teams like Glasgow who can never match the buying power of the English and French clubs have to try to offer something more than just money to retain and attract players. Looks like Glasgow are managing this

That or he just hates his brother 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Just seen on the Beeb that Sarries are facing relegation if they can’t prove that they’re complying with the salary cap. Apparently any money paid to get rid of players will count towards their overall wage bill for this season.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Saracens just been docked another 35 points for failing to comply with the salary cap, despite it apparently being pretty much impossible because even dumping players would have incurred additional costs, and other teams can’t take them without breaching the cap themselves. Can’t help thinking, as an external observer, that English rugby is about to punch itself repeatedly in the bollox by scuttling one of it’s most successful clubs when it comes to developing young players…

Spud

Where’s that been published? Some of the figures being stated in the media are mind blowing compared to the £7m cap. Needs to be done, make an example of them, all Prem clubs signed up to the cap. If any others are flouting it then let them be punished too. I thought the cap was in place to encourage the growth of talent? Just shows too what it costs to compete at the highest level in Europe when you compare the Prem cap to Top 14 and Pro 14.

Edit: Now reported on Guardian online.

anagallis_arvensis

Needs to be done, make an example of them, all Prem clubs signed up to the cap.

Jamue Roberts sudden move to Stormers replaced by likeable journeyman pro Matavaesi!!!

Wonder when Tompkins will move, will Loopy Liam play for Saracens again?

Spud

I’d say Williams will be gone post 6N and why not. Tompkins no doubt will be looking for a region you think?

anagallis_arvensis

I think Saracens will be looking to get shot!

loum
    Free Member

From the outside , it does look like English rugby punching itself in the balls.
    There’s no way Saracens expenditure can be the same as the shitter clubs.
    They get to finals, play in Europe every year well into the later stages, so they play more games. They need more players.
    On top of that they lose half a squad at least to international games. And they invest in youth.
    Does look a lot like little English trying to drag them down to their level rather than trying to improve themselves.

tjagain

My understanding was they had 35pts docked and 35 “suspended”. NO sympathy here seeing as the cheats diddled two of the teams I follow – Glasgow and Exeter.

What they should have done is reduced their squad at the beggining of the season but they did not – even signing more players IIRC

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch – is this why all the really unlikable gits ended up at Sarries?

anagallis_arvensis

NO sympathy here seeing as the cheats diddled two of the teams I follow – Glasgow and Exeter.

Salary cap is just for prem not europe so Glasgow not diddled

tjagain

Apart from if they were inside the cap they would not have had all those players to play glasgow – you cannot have players just for europe. They need to play in the premiership to get match fit, no player would take a euro contract only. so while not cheating in europe, their cheating in the league helped them in Europe as well

Anyway – anyone think Baxter will now be looking to have the record changed so Exeter won? do you get money for winning the premiership?

I Wray had been a bit more humble, admitted wrongdoing and shed players this season could they have scraped under the cap?

peteimpreza

Guardian are reporting the second penalty.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jan/17/saracens-salary-cap-premiership-relegation

Not yet confirmed by the league

duckman

Reported in today’s Times as well.

dantsw13

How doss the Prem salary cap compare to Pro14 & France?

tjagain

Pro 14 does not have a salery cap – the biggest spenders in the pro 14 are leinster – they would probably be under the english cap. Certainly have not spent in the way sarries have. Glasgow and Edinburgh well under the english cap as are the welsh and Italian

French cap is bigger and has even more loopholes that the english cap. Many teams suspected to be in breech of it

mindmap3
    Free Member

That Sarries squad is / was unbelievable when you look at the internationals (both but time and regular caps)…

Koch
    George
    Singleton
    Mako
    Kruis
    Itoje
    Nick Is-can’t spell his name
    Billy
    Farrell
    Wigglesworth
    Spencer
    Daly
    Williams
    Goode

Plus the likes of Skelton and Barritt.

There was no way they were signing that many top players and hanging onto them in the £7m cap.

Yes they’ve had lots of success (by cheating) which helps attract / retain players but still.

They need the book throwing at them, if nothing more than for a warning to others. They knew what they were up to, I have no sympathy whatsoever. The worrying this is that from a national point of view, they provided the backbone of the English team.

anagallis_arvensis

so while not cheating in europe, their cheating in the league helped them in Europe as well

Yeah I see your point, but its only tge other English clubs that have been cheated.

I think the problem now is they would have to buy out players contracts to get rid and that counts as salary, they are a bit **** whatever they do tbh.

anagallis_arvensis

is this why all the really unlikable gits ended up at Sarries?

I thought Hogg went to Exeter 😉😉😉

andermt
    Free Member

NO sympathy here seeing as the cheats diddled two of the teams I follow – Glasgow and Exeter.

Salary cap is just for prem not europe so Glasgow not diddled

I thought the same but it was pointed out to me that the EPCR rules state that competing club’s must adhere to the regulations of the home union.

tjagain

Saucer of cream for AA please 😉

tjagain

Legal live feed for the challenge cup games with no TV coverage – this is the edinburgh game but you should be able to navigate to others and you might have to register

LIVE: Edinburgh Rugby v Agen

tjagain

Edinburgh giving Agen a bit of a kicking – Darcy the flying machine wit a hat trick. He must start for Scotland

anagallis_arvensis

Cant understand why the c4 lot cant see Marler for the dirty **** he is.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Tigers lost away to Pau…maybe talk of them sorting their shit out was premature.

There are rumours that Sarries are looking to sack off the Championship and try to get into the Pro 14. I’m sure they’d be welcomed with open arms…..

anagallis_arvensis

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

That would be **** funny, no salary cap either!!

tjagain

Must be something in the rules. Maybe no english players allowed in the pro 14? ( Are there any?)

mindmap3
    Free Member

Must be something in the rules. Maybe no english players allowed in the pro 14? ( Are there any?)

George North?

Runs and hides

anagallis_arvensis

Are there any?

Olly Robinson at Blues

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,696 total)

The topic ‘Rugby 2019 – 2020 Season’ is closed to new replies.