Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Rufford Ford
  • bentandbroken

@tthew

for example Chandlers Ford and Dagenham.

Funny 😀

bigdaddy

Agreed, needs more credit (the Dagenham joke)…

binman
    sherpachris

I was filmed riding through a ford maybe 10 miles or so away from Rufford over the Christmas holidays. 3 or 4 cars parked up with about 10 people of varying ages watching and cheering, all good natured but very little to see,  the water was quite shallow, I didn’t get my feet wet.

kayak23

Farmer getting a bit miffed.

hatter

Jesus he was ‘determined’ wasn’t he?

Were those the closure barriers he ‘collected’?

dawson

Yep, they are normally blocking the road, but the water was so high they were below the surface 

frankconway

used to live in the area.
    The ford was always known to attract dick heads.
    Nothing seems to have changed.

rone

As above with Frank.

Area is full of them unfortunately.

kayak23

I find it weird that the bloke who did most of the YouTube content on this stuff just happened to be there, even though the ford has been closed for ages, when this farmer decided to go all Michael Douglas.

Then, as soon as the barriers had gone, there were a load of fresh numpties straight in ready for some hydrolock action.

redmex
    Free Member

Have they too much money and nae brains?

5lab

I read he farmer was just pulling the blocks out of the way to stop someone driving into them without warning. Who knows. It’s a bit of a coincidence someone was filming just as it happened

martinhutch

Looked quite young. The actual person who owns that tractor might not be too happy with his antics.

fasthaggis

I read he farmer was just pulling the blocks out of the way to stop someone driving into them without warning.

For me,there is nothing in the film that suggests he is concerned with public safety.
    All I can see is a weapons grade roaster.

snotrag

Could wuite easily have torn the sidewall of those big rear tyres off with that manouvre.

Bear in mind that could be a 5 grand tyre….Never mind the damage to the trailer wheels which pinged off the corner of the concrete blocks too.

As for the Citroen DS3 driver. Seriously, how moronic do peope have to be. A car is generally the most expensive thing most people own other than their house – the ease and abandonement at which people just go charging in to these floods astounds me – its not like its not ALL over the media, news, internet etc every single year when we get floods. What, if anything, is between their ears!?!

politecameraaction
    Free Member

My lesson from this is if there’s a bunch of people with cameras standing by the side of a road wondering if I’m going to make it…I’m not and I should just turn around or wait.

bikesandboots

The preview photo of that video looks like one of those made up exaggerated clickbait ones.

I read he farmer was just pulling the blocks out of the way to stop someone driving into them without warning. Who knows.

Seriously doubt that – big trailer with a front axle, full of empty potato boxes, wouldn’t be the tool of choice for pushing two concrete bollards from a metre deep ford.

kayak23

Seriously doubt that – big trailer with a front axle, full of empty potato boxes, wouldn’t be the tool of choice for pushing two concrete bollards from a metre deep ford.

I think he probably thought that the big boxy bit on the front would just push them in front of the tractor. Instead he ended up going right over them.

bikesandboots

It’s a box with a concrete weight inside which is likely removable. He didn’t lower it to the ground (you can see the linkage at 1:07 for anyone who’s not familiar). Once the front wheels rose up, he must have known what was happening and then took a risk of beaching the tractor, damaging the underside or the steps etc. If the front wheels of the trailer had climbed over, the concrete barriers would then likely be stuck between them and the parking legs of the trailer (2:11), or possibly beached the trailer on the side safety rails.

Flaperon

Were those the closure barriers he ‘collected’?

Custodians of the land. Could you imagine how that weapons-grade bell-end would react if he perceived that a cyclist was holding him up?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I imagine the driver was a contractor who had been hired the day before. He’d probably seen the YT vids of splashy fun and now had any empty road and a big tractor to play in

Bet he still doesn’t get tractor contracting jobs

All tractor contractors are the same. Normally on their phones , skidding to a stop, widening roads because they never can stop for traffic

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tractor driver seems to be an absolute whopper. The Citreon driver – does the guy pushing them out say something about them ignoring his warnings not to try it? I think the last thing in the world I’d be doing is wading into the water to push them back out if that’d happened, I’d be where all those idiots with the cameras are pointing and laughing.

I’ve watched a few of these Rufford Ford videos in the past and it just shows how moronic large sections of the public are, myself included for watching that garbage!

spooky_b329

He snapped off part of the trailer drawbar (the support/shoe that holds it off the ground) and pushed it through the ford, you can briefly see it when he is pushing the blocks at the end.
    I don’t think it’s true that he was intending to move the blocks, just about any farmer would have something with a bucket or forks that is better suited to the job.

YouTube gold though, that video will be raking in views and earning ad revenue for years 

bikesandboots

He snapped off part of the trailer drawbar (the support/shoe that holds it off the ground) and pushed it through the ford, you can briefly see it when he is pushing the blocks at the end.

Good spot. 1:47 where it was, 2:15 on the floor.

sandboy

Could you imagine how that weapons-grade bell-end would react if he perceived that a cyclist was holding him up?

A few years ago, I had an altercation with a tractor driver on a single track rural road who reversed his tractor and trailer down the road after me just because I suggested his tractor was too big for him. I truly believed he wanted to kill me and can’t think where I have ever sprinted so hard. It was about 500m to the main road where I knew I might have a witness should anything happen.
    As a result of that incident, I’ve learned to give tractors right of way and where ever possible, keep out of their way.

fooman

It really annoys me those folk who see something like an icy pavement and think ‘time to set up the camera’ rather than doing anything to warn people or mitigate the problem.

However this doesn’t seem to be one of those times!

The Citreon driver – does the guy pushing them out say something about them ignoring his warnings not to try it?

This was the exchange;

Camera: We were all yelling!

Bloke: You what sorry?

Camera: Everyone was yelling stop stop!

Bloke: They told me not to drive through the f*** c*** mate. The moment she comes [to this?] she says don’t drive through it, she comes to me like a t**t.

Camera: It made a horrible noise.

Bloke: Yeah it’s dead.

Camera: Oh yeah.

Bloke: It’s dead.

I think he’s talking about the (woman?) in high-vis you  can see just as he drives into the ford. I think the suggestion is she startled him, or at the very least he won’t take instruction from a woman!

kayak23

This was the exchange;

Bloke: They told me not to drive through the f*** c*** mate. The moment she comes [to this?] she says don’t drive through it, she comes to me like a t**t.

Camera: Oh yeah.

Bloke: It’s dead.

I think he’s talking about the (woman?) in high-vis you can see just as he drives into the ford. I think the suggestion is she startled him, or at the very least he won’t take instruction from a woman

Nah, the woman was driving and it was her he was moaning about. You see her after wafting the water out of the drivers side. He got out the passenger side and the exchange went-

Bloke: I told her not to drive through the f*** c*** mate. The moment she comes to it, she guns it like a t**t.

kayak23

The blocks are back.

This is so exciting! 😂

Screenshot_20231027-123727

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.