- RudeBoy = Idiot. Official (Electrocution and burning content).
What an idiot. Went andtouched the same screw on the SAME dodgy light switch as a couple of weeks ago. The little bit of tape I’d put over the screw had fallen off. Have I contacted the landlord? Have I taken steps to get the problem sorted?
Not as bad as last time, and no discernable hair problems this time, mind you; ittud be hard to tell anyway, atm.
So, what do I go and do only seconds later? Getting me Pasta Bake out of the oven, I failed to ensure the tea-towel was covering all the glass of the casserole dish. The glass which is only very marginally cooler than the Sun. Picked the dish out of the oven, put it down. Hopped around the kitchen for a bit, following a blinding pain as my finger touched the exposed glass. Ran it under cold tap (water is super-freezing) for a minute or two. Then, go back to the dish.
What d’you think happened next?
More hopping around the kitchen, hold finger on other hand under cold tap.
All in the space of 2 minutes or so. All caused by stupid carelessness.
A friend recently suggested I get a Social Worker; it might not be such a bad idea.
Got Aloe Vera on me fingers, going to try and stay away from the light switch…
Any tales of utter stupidity? Times when you just think ‘what a complete and utter stupid idiot I am’?
(WCA need not respond; just too horrific).
Try to pay more attention, RudeBoy…Posted 9 years agomolgripsSubscriber
By the way, the thing about running burns under cold water only works if you do it absolutely immediately (ie no hopping about screaming first) and if you leave it there for like 5-10 minutes, long after all the heat’s been removed, it’s gone numb and you’re bored. I dunno why, but it really seems to work for me that way.
As for RudeBoy being an idiot, I can’t comment 🙂Posted 9 years agosteve_b77Member
Oooh let me think:
Forgetting to isolate the immersion heater switch before attempting to change the face plate (not bad as I’m a qualified sparky!)
Cutting to the bone on two fingers of my left hand “catching” sawn off machine screws as I cut them with a hacksaw, kinda caught the blade too!!
Going over the bars and hitting my noggin (contained within a helmet) on a tree stump, being a bit dazed, carrying on then ditching it on the exit jump from a bomb hole all of 2 minutes later and getting gravel rash/cuts from ankle to top of thigh and all along one arm.
Numerous other things over the years from the bizzare to the damm right dangerous, but I’m stil here 😆 🙄Posted 9 years ago
No wonder you couldn’t cope with the now!
The ‘now’ I can barely cope with; it’s the future I’m really worried about!
RudeBoy’s Top Tip: apply Aloe Vera to burns, and if you’re lucky, they will not blister or become nasty. Barely two little slightly pink marks today, and no pain. AV is amazing stuff.
Landlord has been contacted, and I might get Irish Dave round to have a look at the switch, too.
Might be able to get through without incident, if I’m lucky…Posted 9 years agothisisnotaspoonMember
hand into small test chamber at work (about the size of an airing cupboard), remove sample, feel somethig hard, smell burning flesh aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
I’d touched my palm against the heating elements which had come on as the thermostat was buggered. And my instinct had been to clench my fist and pull back (now grabbig the 18mm bar the forms the element)
placed hand under cold water,
placed hand in iced water (turned red and bloody painfull as i’d no skin left)
smotherd half a tube of savlon and some ethanol form the lab cupboard on and put a latex glove over it, back into the iced water
once sufficiently numb/frost bitten remove hand, dry the outside of the glove, place into long fingered riding glove,
go BMX raceing!
could barely grip the bars!Posted 9 years agotoby1Member
I ordered a choclate fondant last week, clearly freshly bakes in a little copper pan (it was a poncey restraunt yes) I immediately grab the metal handle to re-position it on my plate – D’oh!
I also have a similar issue with being told a food plate is hot in a pub/restaurant – brain immediately responds with “Hot, how hot, got to touch it to find out”Posted 9 years ago
taking down a brick wall in my last house. Clearly it would be quicky if I started at the bottom with a pick axe.
Stand back with pick axe in hand and watch the wall collapse. Smiling until one of the bricks hits one end of the pick axe which pivots in my hand driving the pointy end about on inch into my knee.
Pull out the pick axe and deep red blood starts flowing so I shove my finger in the hole to stop it and the fingle slides all the way in to the middle knuckle.
Nurse at A&E thought I only had half a finger and was quite surprised when I pulled out the whole finger.Posted 9 years agofootstomperMember
So your going to struggle bashing the Bishop tonight 😀
I was driving wooden stakes into rough ground to help shore up some shuttering for concreting. The stake was going into the ground at about 45 degrees so I was stood over it whilst using a large sledge hammer to whack it in, unfortunately i missed the stake and could not stop the hammers momentum which carried it on into my shin 🙁 thnkfully it didn’t break my leg but I could not ride for 3 weeks.Posted 9 years ago
But the worst about it was in the next works health and safety meeting when it came to accident reports mine was in there, so I got plenty of piss taking after that.
The topic ‘RudeBoy = Idiot. Official (Electrocution and burning content).’ is closed to new replies.